Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2003 6:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate Tito. He claims he is for the fighters, but here disrespects ever single person he fights. This is one reason why MMA or the UFC atleast wont go into mainstream. Shamrock had the balls to tell Tito to **** off. Shamrock failed, but he tried to make a point.

The Man with No Neck

Posted On:
    6/15/2003 1:02am

supporting member
     Style: submission wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The problem with talking a lot of **** in something like PRIDE or UFC is the fact that no one goes very long without losing. I think Matt Hughes is the only guy in both organizations that has actually defended his belt more than two or three times. Tito had a pretty good streak going, then he backed away from fighting Chuck Lidell (probably a smart move, Chuck would put a hurting on Tito). Now that Tito has let two other guys fight for his title, he is pretty much MIA in the eyes of UFC fans. He might come back, but I doubt it. If he thinks he's going to jump back in and just take that belt from Randy Coutoure, he's smoking dope. Randy is a bad ************. I bet Lidell is still reeling from some of those punches he took.

Look for Tito to come up with new and more bizarre reasons not to fight Lidell, Coutoure or Belfort (Vitor did a pretty good number on Eastman's face, nastiest cut I've seen in an MMA match). Any of those guys would beat the living **** out of Tito and he knows it. Tito is good, but the three guys I just listed are beyond good.

"Go cry about it Vargas. Aren't you late for your shift at McDonald's?"
    "I had once talked to Billy Conn, the boxer, about professionals versus amateurs - specifically street fighters. One had always heard rumors of champions being taken out by back-alley fighters. Conn was scornful. "Aw, it's like hitting a girl," he said. "They're nothing."

- George Plimpton
    "Shadow Box"

Reading FD cause cancer

small hick city full with college students in Cali

Posted On:
    6/15/2003 1:12am

Style: Muay Thai and boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wonder what Tito would do if some midget come in and beat the hell out of him then put on shirt that say "Ortiz's Tit is mine!!!"

It is a rat eat rat world.

"A magical place where I have a freakish large penis and I am also the king of the mushroom people." - by Omen Stone
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2003 1:24am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only reason Tito didn't fight was because the money wasn't there. The average fighter in UFC gets about $2000. If your a champ like Tito, maybe about $100,000 to 150,000. The average fighter in Pride gets $150,000. A pride champion gets up to a million. Tito makes more money off his clothing line and endorsements then he does from any of his fights. You may say Tito talks a lot of trash, but you can't say that he wasn't a good fighter. Oh and how about all that trash Ken Shamrock was talking before his fight with Tito? So if you have a problem with Tito talking crap then you should be taking a look a your boy Ken also.

The Man with No Neck

Posted On:
    6/15/2003 1:47am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ken and Tito are pretty much cut from the same cloth, in my opinion. Ken just doesn't like being on the receiving end of what he dished up for all those years. Getting beaten up by a basically younger, better version of himself had to be a bitter pill to swallow.

Hell, I think most of these pro-MMA feuds are just there to sell tickets. These guys all know and respect each other because, in the end, they are the only ones that have anything in common with one another. Pro MMA is a pretty small community and it takes a lot of sacrifice to make it that far. All of those guys realize that they are just one injury away from being out of the business, so I think they have a lot of empathy for each other when it comes right down to it. Will some of those guys have personality conflicts? Sure. I don't think you'll see Phil Baroni and Matt Lindland chilling out together anytime soon. But I think it's a lot less than it's sometimes played up to be.

"I had once talked to Billy Conn, the boxer, about professionals versus amateurs - specifically street fighters. One had always heard rumors of champions being taken out by back-alley fighters. Conn was scornful. "Aw, it's like hitting a girl," he said. "They're nothing."

- George Plimpton
    "Shadow Box"

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/15/2003 1:11pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ken and Tito are pretty much cut from the same cloth, in my opinion. Ken just doesn't like being on the receiving end of what he dished up for all those years. Getting beaten up by a basically younger, better version of himself had to be a bitter pill to swallow.

Hell, I think most of these pro-MMA feuds are just there to sell tickets. These guys all know and respect each other because, in the end, they are the only ones that have anything in common with one another. Pro MMA is a pretty small community and it takes a lot of sacrifice to make it that far. All of those guys realize that they are just one injury away from being out of the business, so I think they have a lot of empathy for each other when it comes right down to it. Will some of those guys have personality conflicts? Sure. I don't think you'll see Phil Baroni and Matt Lindland chilling out together anytime soon. But I think it's a lot less than it's sometimes played up to be.

ttt

Go away I'm talking to myself

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2003 2:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Oh and how about all that trash Ken Shamrock was talking before his fight with Tito? So if you have a problem with Tito talking crap then you should be taking a look a your boy Ken also."

It dosn't matter what anyone says before the fight, its what people do after the fight. Ken Never disrespects people after the fight like Tito.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/15/2003 2:26pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah he does. Ken takes a very passive aggresive approach to his post match fights. He takes jabs and excuses if he loses except recently when Tito just beat him down like a spoiled step son.

The Man with No Neck

Posted On:
    6/15/2003 2:31pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have to admit, my opinion of Ken was very different after I read his book. He really comes off as a real asshole in that thing.

- George Plimpton
    "Shadow Box"

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/15/2003 2:32pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah he does. Especially how he talks about Severn.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast