5/31/2003 1:46am

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

http://www.ireland-photo.co.uk/

QUAYE SENT TO THERAPY FOR KICK

May 31 2003

HELLRAISING pop star Finley Quaye was yesterday ordered to attend counselling after kung-fu kicking a woman in the street.

The Edinburgh-born singer, 29, manhandled ex-girlfriend Mercedes Gutierrez in front of their four-year-old son. He then kicked her pal Kay Stratton in the chest during the bust-up outside his north London home on April 7.

Highbury Magistrates Court heard he had been in an "angry and emotional mood" after a heated business phone call. But the order to attend a domestic violence therapy group for six months did little to calm what the judge called his "terrible temper". He angrily insisted: "It's the women who need the anger management, not me. I'm deeply concerned about my son. But I'm sorry about what I did."

Quaye, whose career slumped after winning a Brit Award in 1998, also received a public ticking- off because his mobile phone rang while he waited to be sentenced. The singer, who has previous convictions for theft and possession of cannabis, pleaded guilty earlier this month to two counts of common assault.

He was ordered to pay 300 to each of the women, 50 costs and attend the domestic violence programme.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/page.cfm?objectid=13016204&method=full&sit eid=89488&headline=QUAYE%20SENT%20TO%20THERAPY %20FOR%20KICK

Edited by - kungfoolss on May 31 2003 01:47:36
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/01/2003 6:17am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what does this have to do with martial arts?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/01/2003 11:44am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Honestly, I don't know. He 'kung-fu kicked' the girl? It sounds to me like just another violence case among celebrities.

I will not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. I will face my fear and permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone, I will turn my inner eye on its passing, and where it has gone, only I will remain.

Titan

Posted On:
    6/06/2003 8:39am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The sun is shining, the weather is sweet.
    Makes you want to use those "Kung-Fu" feet!

----------------------------------------------------------
    Space may be the final frontier,
    But it's made in a Hollywood basement.
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Stand and Deliver!

Posted On:
    6/06/2003 9:26am

supporting member
     Style: JKD Concepts, Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everybody was Kung Fu Fighting...

The best won victory is that obtained without bloodshed - Bushido proverb
    "Onward we stagger, and if the tanks come, may God help the tanks." - Col. William O. Darby