Sponsored Links Spacer Image

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    10/16/2007 12:18am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, since you are a moron, let me draw you a picture.

See attachment.

Your body can't handle that big of a dosage, so you piss most of it out. Whereas if you take a smaller dosage a few times a day, more of it would get absorbed. amirite?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dosage.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	8440  

Last edited by Poop Loops; 10/16/2007 12:22am at .

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/16/2007 11:57am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IIRC, it takes about 8 hours for food (or stuff) to go from your stomach all the way out as poop. That's plenty of time for a capsule to be assimilated. It's not like your body is gonna go "holy fucking ****!!! I gotta push that extra vitamin **** out ASAP!".

That is, it is true that smaller amounts are easier to digest than larger amounts, but that's only when "larger" == super fucking huge. The amount of vitamins found in those mega complexes don't reach numbers that make your body pee/crap them out. They are actually closer to true "normal" than those approved by the FDA.

The one thing that could happen is an upset stomach, but that usually happens when people take those vits in an empty stomach (specially with coffee on an empty stomach... I've seen people doing that ****.)
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    10/16/2007 5:41pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    IIRC, it takes about 8 hours for food (or stuff) to go from your stomach all the way out as poop. That's plenty of time for a capsule to be assimilated. It's not like your body is gonna go "holy fucking ****!!! I gotta push that extra vitamin **** out ASAP!".
    No, but I took a B complex, and two hours later I was peeing glowing yellow, meaning that **** must have just been used as excess or something.

That is, it is true that smaller amounts are easier to digest than larger amounts, but that's only when "larger" == super fucking huge. The amount of vitamins found in those mega complexes don't reach numbers that make your body pee/crap them out. They are actually closer to true "normal" than those approved by the FDA.
    Bright yellow pee.

The one thing that could happen is an upset stomach, but that usually happens when people take those vits in an empty stomach (specially with coffee on an empty stomach... I've seen people doing that ****.)
    Not worried about that.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/16/2007 6:57pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nah, you didn't drink enough water. It happens to me when I take something (be it B, Potassium or a protein shake) without enough water. When that happens, it looks like if I'm peeing fucking orange juice or something.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    10/19/2007 3:50am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Urine is made up of water and filtered chemicals from the blood (urea, mineral salts, etc. by the kidneys). To be in the blood means it has left the intestinal tract, i.e...metabolized. Yes, some excess may be removed prior to being used by the bodies cells, but if you urinate it out, a lot of it will be in the serum surrounding your bodies cells (delivered by the blood), which is to say it's right where you want it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2008 5:43pm

Style: Kempo/Kickboxing/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bump.

Apparently the energy drinks and supplements that have ridden the coat-tails of the UFC are no longer available in my area (Cincinnati, Eastgate to be exact to any local people). Shame, too, I still love the big Apple drink.

Are they being pulled elsewhere as well?

is badder than you

Posted On:
    8/14/2008 6:43pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    Truckloads of Vitamin C and B will make you awesome.
    I bought into the Vitamin C megadoses thing when I heard that Linus Pauling was a fan of it. Then I found out about this... turns out that winning two Nobel prizes doesn't guarantee that you won't overlook something obvious.

That said, it probably won't hurt so long as you drink lots of water (to avoid kidney stones) and aren't having issues with diarrhea. Not sure how I feel about the time-release formulations made of rose hips - they're so much more expensive percentage-wise than the normal tabs, but still not very expensive.
    Last edited by TheRuss; 8/14/2008 6:49pm at .
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234