Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2006 12:34pm

Style: Sub Wrestling/Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Tony Cecchine- Can certify you as a catch wrestler

Ok, so most of you guys know who this guy is. For those of you who don't here's a brief history.

Tony claimed to be taught by an old shooter named Radawn, this however was never verified and could possibly be false. Thesz endorsed Cecchine and at a time so did Furey. Gotch and Wicks don't think the guy is really as good as he lets on. Tony started a group took all there money and screwed them over and that's why alot of people will tell you he's the devil. Truth is, even if he didn't study with Radawn he has some skill.

http://www.catchwrestle.com/certification.htm

Tony is all about the money, but what he is doing now is complete bullshido. Why? Because catch as catch can wrestling is a sport and not a style. If you want to be a catch wrestler all you have to do is compete under catch rules. A catch tournament is coming up soon and it us going to be sponsored by Jake Shannon, the founder of scientific wrestling, who is also certifying people in catch wrestling. However Jake has contacts like Dick Cardinal, Yoshiaki Fujiwara, Karl Gotch, Billy Wicks, Yuki Ishikawa and many more. Dick Cardinal would be helping Jake verify whether or not people whould be certified in catch wrestling. The thing about the Scientific wrestling grading is that it holds alot more given all the names behing it and that shooters like Dick Cardinal will help judge whether or not you are a catch wrestler.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2006 12:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.scientificwrestling.com/p...partment46.cfm

This is a link to the scientific wrestling certification blurb. On it is a link to more information about Furey and Cecchine.

http://www.scientificwrestling.com/public/93.cfm?sd=2

WTF???

Posted On:
    7/20/2006 1:03pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ LARPing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, Josh Barnett (Pride heavyweight champion) has proven that Catch Wrestling ™ is THE premier grappling art. I plan on leaving BJJ soon and to begin Catching ™ at this place…

http://www.darkplanetcatchwrestling.com/

This Eddie Bravado guy beat Royce Gracie, so that proves Catch ™ is better!
    Besides, I have trouble pronouncing “omoplata”, it’s much easyer to say “shoulder crotch-lock” anyway.
    Mauro: Coming into the ring now is Giant Silva. 7 foot 2, 385 lbs, making his debut in Pride.
    Bas: Wow, that is one big guy!
    Mauro: He must have an enormous Johnson!
    Bas: Ur…I suppose.
    Mauro: What are his keys to victory here in the Pride ring tonight?
    Bas: Well I think he needs to use his reach, avoid Heaths takedowns, and try to use his size to overpower him.
    Mauro: I mean, imagine the size of that thing!
    Bas: Now Heath is coming into the ring…
    Mauro: Do women really like them that big? Doesn’t it hurt?
    Bas: I really wouldn’t know.
    Mauro: I’m starting to feel a little insecure.
    Bas: Let’s just talk about the fight.
    Mauro: You’re right, el Basito. What are Heaths keys to winning here tonight. What does he have to do? What are his strategies for emerging victorious here in the Saitama Super Arena tonight?
    Bas: Well, the first thing…
    Mauro: My wife says she doesn’t like them too big, that it’s all about how you use it.
    Bas: That’s not what she told me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2006 1:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, that dark planet catch is by far the best place to train for catch in North America. Eddie is THE GREATEST catch wreslter on Earth.

And how the hell do you say that Omaplata thing, it's like a foreign language or something!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2006 2:07pm

Style: Baguazhang

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seeker of Truth - I'm glad that you posted this. I saw the advertisement as well and was procrastinating on posting it here.

After reviewing the certification program, besides the obvious certification through video bs, is that wrestling/grappling especially is a performance based endeavor. How you could become certified by long-distance crappling with a training partner is beyond me. Someone should contact him via email and ask if they can get certified even though they don't have a training partner. I'd be interested in the response.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2006 2:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lmfao...

Someone send Cecchine a tape of them bridging and shooting in on a tree. Say that you can't find a training partner!

Posted On:
    2/20/2007 10:38pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Grappler

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Eddie Bravo is a Catch Wrestler?

Wait a second, hold on what's going on here...Eddie Bravo is a Catch Wrester? When did that happen? As far as I knew, he took conventional BJJ and modified it with new and improved concepts and techniques. Now don't get me wrong, because I'm not trying to sound negative, I'm just trying to get someone to clarify.

Now, I've been aware that he's been talking to Billy Wicks over in NC; but also, at what point did he start training in Catch, and with whom? Are the two men finally colaborating? If that's true, then what Eddie has to offer with his modified form of no-gi grappling, combined with the crippling holds of Catch, would be the perfect marriage between the two styles. Please, somebody let me know what's going on...Thank you.
    Last edited by Davo53209; 3/16/2007 12:43pm at .

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/21/2007 3:37am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's some of my favourite quotes from his page:

once he's caught, you can take his arm out of the game....for at least 6 weeks. He's done.

From his toes to his thighs, the whole limb is in danger. He'll find out...the hard way.

It really makes no difference because once he entices you it brings upon his doom.

You'll learn how to cinch him up and make his life hell.

He won't escape....only in his dreams.

You'll learn all the insider information you'll need to scar him for life.

You will be one of the most dangerous men on Earth when I'm through with you.

How Often Do You Hear Yourself Saying: "I'd Love To Learn Catch Wrestling If I Only Had The Opportunity"
    Straight punches make you go blind. More damage is done to a criminals nervous system when they are struck. Strikes that make you stronger. All this and more systema douchebaggery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eak-m2iwI7Q

NEW BONUS REEL, feat RobG at it again! lol:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJDnMDJVWmQ