Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/23/2006 10:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yup, yup. New college, Check out Judo and Boxing clubs. MOST colleges have 'em, I imagine even the artsy fartsy ones.

I second JNP's assessment, and pirate jon's for that matter.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2006 10:56pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I concur. However I do in fact disagree with Sokaku and Sochin. I have visited many different types of karate studios. Most of the time they do not train with aliveness. If they ever do it's only among persons who intend to compete or who are high ranking. Stick with kick boxing or BJJ which allow a person to learn how to fight from the very first day instead of having to wade through years worth of ridiculous ritual and misleading therefore worthless training.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/24/2006 2:17pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: shou shu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

thanks

i will take all of this into consideration...

i will search around on the net for any schools, hopfuly close by to.. concord... pleasant hill... area of CA..

thanks for the help and advise by the way.
    Last edited by Nesyad; 7/24/2006 2:24pm at .

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    7/25/2006 3:11am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars
    I concur. However I do in fact disagree with Sokaku and Sochin. I have visited many different types of karate studios. Most of the time they do not train with aliveness.
    Respectfully, Mars, I wasn't advocating Karate as an art. I was actually lampooning SevSB's assertion that most Karate was crap, except some, which was good. Which is like saying "I like all types of food. Except the ones I don't like."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2006 5:48pm

Style: Muay thai - Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars
    I concur. However I do in fact disagree with Sokaku and Sochin. I have visited many different types of karate studios. Most of the time they do not train with aliveness. If they ever do it's only among persons who intend to compete or who are high ranking. Stick with kick boxing or BJJ which allow a person to learn how to fight from the very first day instead of having to wade through years worth of ridiculous ritual and misleading therefore worthless training.
    Hey are you an ass or something? You disagree with me when I in fact have the same point of view? I've said that the only karate styles that aren't usually crappy are the kyokushin based styles, so what the hell are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Goju Joe
    Anyways don't judge a soley school by it's styles name no what it is you're looking for.
    You're maybe right, but you've gotta admit that when you see some random schools advertising for _ing _un classes or something-ryu karate (and so on...), inconsciously (or not) you know that this school will be bullshit in 95% of the cases.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123