Administrator

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 7:48pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shoushutiger
    I understand everything you have posted. Shou shu=tracy and american kenpo. the grandmaster of MY school though, went to china himself (has proof) and studied there(sorry thats beside the point) But then even when I acknowledge this, I am still puzzled. We have people that trained in kenpo previously and the study shou shu and tell me that the find it far different. I mean wasn't the claim that Da shifu adopted kenpo to take its techniques and apply the chinese principles to them? Wasn't that what he said in that interview, or whatever? I know people that practice kenpo outside of shou shu, and we have some of the same techniques. But we do them far differently. Thoughts?
    It's the same old thing. Why change what you do? Basically if you change a few techniques and add a little chinese kung fu it is still ke?po.

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 8:18pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shoushutiger
    I understand everything you have posted. Shou shu=tracy and american kenpo. the grandmaster of MY school though, went to china himself (has proof) and studied there(sorry thats beside the point) But then even when I acknowledge this, I am still puzzled. We have people that trained in kenpo previously and the study shou shu and tell me that the find it far different. I mean wasn't the claim that Da shifu adopted kenpo to take its techniques and apply the chinese principles to them? Wasn't that what he said in that interview, or whatever? I know people that practice kenpo outside of shou shu, and we have some of the same techniques. But we do them far differently. Thoughts?
    Yeah the same interview where he claims to have beaten off 12(?) attackers on a dockside or something silly?

who is the Grandmaster of your school?
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 11:00pm

Style: American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The answer, Bok Fu Do

Check out some of the schools that the Richard Lee student started up . these men trained with the Moore's. See what they think of you grand masters. Remember Bok Fu (Shou Shu) is just Chinese Kenpo with a twist.

Ito's White Tiger
    Robert Ito-Head Instructor
    1119 Grant Ave., Novato, CA 94945
    415 897-0676
    http://www.itoswhitetiger.com/
    senseiito@att.net

TY West Martial Arts
    Tyler Hanamura-Head Ins tructor
    7102 Village Parkway, Dublin, CA 94568
    510 829-0700
    thana@home.com

If Al Moore was a kung fu master when he started Kempo/ Bok Fu in the mid 60's dont you think all these men would have noticed, Al, Ralph and Jr's Moore's Kung Fu training.

Al Tracy, Steve Labounty, Ted Sumner all said thay knew of no training before Kenpo, thay never spoke about China training, and never heard the words Shou Shu in the 10 years that the Moore's were around them.

Ted Sumner. Though what they taught had it's base in tracy Kenpo, it was their own adulterant version of the art which they called Shou Shu.

Some people say that Al Sr. trained in China after World War ll for a period of time. do you know if that is true?

Ted sumner: Not to my knowledge! I have never heard anything to that effect.

They pretty much looked like average beginners when they started.
    (TED Sumner) Dec. 13, 2004

Steve Labounty

Vernon Moore, "Little" Al, Moore's son, and Jerry Melvin joined in to learn the Parker system more intensely. I had a school in the Fresno area that was floundering, so I loved to teach, needed the money and liked this group of people a lot. Essentially a no brainer.

All of this was in the late 60's.
    Big Al and Ralph decided to go their own way and get into the Shou Shu material.

I had no knowledge of Al Moore's training prior to his taking kenpo.
    Check out the Richard Lee school East West Bok Fu school. Talk with them and compare. Be up front show them what you have learned.

Check the time line, Richard Lee Left the Tracy System in the Late 60's to start Bok Fu, same time Al left to start Shou Shu, and Al Jr stayed on with Richard Lee to learn Bok Fu.

T.S.
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 8/18/2007 9:01am at . Reason: Ugh, more royal blue. Dude, get your eyes checked.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/08/2007 1:10am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth seeker
    Richard Lee Black Belts 1960's

Pat Douglas
    Glen Hasstedt
    Al Moore
    Ralph Moore
    Al Moore Jr under Richard Lee, Question ?, why not under his father and uncle?

Richard Lee Black Belts 1970's
    Terry Kane *
    Hey I trained under Terry Kane for a few months. He never mentioned Richard Lee while I was there. I surfed around Lee's website after I joined up at Mr Kane's place and I don't know what Richard Lee learned from Al Tracey or anyone else but at his site he has put up a lot of photos and articles about personally traveling the world and learning martial arts along the way.

Posted On:
    8/08/2007 4:27am

Style: chinese boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    It's the same old thing. Why change what you do? Basically if you change a few techniques and add a little chinese kung fu it is still ke?po.
    I thought the whole point of Bullshido was to change what you do. Add some bjj while your at it!

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    8/08/2007 4:59am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *Anybody interested in the brand new Truth seeker (TM) automatic reply bot?
    I guarantee you a good deal, we have sale on the last few pieces left...*

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2007 10:14am

Style: American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Richard Lee Judan under Al Tracy

Quote Originally Posted by Sevengraff
    Hey I trained under Terry Kane for a few months. He never mentioned Richard Lee while I was there. I surfed around Lee's website after I joined up at Mr Kane's place and I don't know what Richard Lee learned from Al Tracey or anyone else but at his site he has put up a lot of photos and articles about personally traveling the world and learning martial arts along the way.
    (10th Degree Black Belt) Judan

Listed by seniority

Al Tracy

Ray Arquilla

Richard Lee

Judan Tracy Family Tree

Terry Kane is listed on Richard Lee's black belt list 1970's ( Bok Fu )

About Us - Hall of Fame - 1970s Lee's 1970's black belt list.

All the information that I try to present can be followed up on.

T.S.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2007 12:41pm

Style: Hei Long Shou Shu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well, the reason I would rather do a kempo technique the shou shu way instead of the regular kempo way is because I found my way to be more fluid and circular. When the people I know who only trained in traditional kempo did the same technique, it was "harder" and by that I mean linear, maybe a tad more reinforced by hitting stances lower, but because of that sacrificing mobility.

And that is why I would describe shou shu as "chinese kempo". In fact, when people ask me what martial art I do, I tell them chinese kempo. That is what it feels like to me anyways. But then, where would the chinese influence have come from for moore's shou shu students? Bok fu do? And the grandmaster of my school is Shun Shifu McNabney. He started the "hei long shou shu" schools away from moores because he had recieved additional training in china, and applied it to moores shou shu. Maybe my shou shu is more fluid then moores shou shu because of that, I don't know because I don't know any moores shou shuers.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2007 2:18pm

Style: Baihequan, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But doesn't it bother you in the slightest, shoushutiger, that the Moores are/were lying to their students with the whole "secret animal training in China" part?

If it was modified kenpo, why not just sell it as such rather than invent a story like that?

I'm not a hippy karrote dude looking for "self-cultivation" or some crap like that, but I'd at least seriously reconsider training with a teacher big lies like that to his students. Not that I really care where the art come from, but if I can't trust my teacher to give me the real deal about the origins of his own training, how could I trust him with my safety, money and time?

Posted On:
    8/09/2007 3:58pm

Style: chinese boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's modified kenpo up until about black belt level, then it's chinese kung fu after that. Or maybe more accurately, it's Moores chinese kung fu.
    Whether Al Moore Sr. learned kung fu before or after he learned kenpo doesnt concern me too much. If it did I suppose I would ask his son.
    And no your shou shu is not more fluid than ours so there.
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast