Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/13/2007 7:00pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If it helps guys, every Shou Shu guy I've met has been pretty hardcore.

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    8/13/2007 7:05pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    would you say they are average shou shuers?

(Do you recall when the various shifu who post on their main forum posted on MAP and a bit here, stuff like how the average Shou Sher was better than a blackbelt in any other art and how Shou Shu was good for fighting multiple opponents etc etc?)
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    8/13/2007 7:47pm

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickcatcher
    would you say they are average shou shuers?

(Do you recall when the various shifu who post on their main forum posted on MAP and a bit here, stuff like how the average Shou Sher was better than a blackbelt in any other art and how Shou Shu was good for fighting multiple opponents etc etc?)
    I remember that **** show - they kept saying "badazz" which I found incredibly irritating.

They couldn't prove their "multiple assailant" case either - it was embarrasingly poor

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/13/2007 9:22pm

Style: American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Remember, Subject!

I HATE the fact that the Self-made Shou Shu, Tracy Kenpo masters that run the schools and fill the heads of their students with the BS claims to fill their ego's and pocket books, old school for wallet..

These men use these students to make themselfs feel important., sad but a fact.

Now on the other hand, the students are learning Tracy/Bok Fu Kenpo, I don't agree with the way thay teach, no reading material and such. But if the students train hard, with forms, techniques and sparring, what the hay. Half the fight comes from the heart!

The students just need to understand what thay are learning, their real lineage and do a little reading on the subject, Kenpo and the defferent ways to produce power and speed, and you would see a lot of Shou Shu students surpass their teachers. Gotta love it!

AGAIN, people that pray on the uninformed and young with lie's, remember a con is a con, are no better than picking on the mentally Ill. DAMM IT!

Shou Shu students, read a book, Damm it.

T.S.

Hope some of you guys are better than those sad demo's.
    Last edited by Truth seeker; 8/13/2007 11:19pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2007 12:33am

Style: Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroth
    I want a vid showing Shou Shu vs. any other artform. Even Aikido. Especially Aikido. That would bring a smile to my face and a hearty chuckle to my belly. And possibly +rep to the lucky winner.
    I had to quote myself because none of the pro-Shou Shu guys seemed to pay attention. The feeble "I spar" comment was the closest thing I got to an answer, short of Truth Seeker replying from the anti-Shou Shu angle. Serisouly, there's video of crappy onesteps and pseudo street drills, why not of actual sparring? Last time I checked, those "sport" and "competition" arts can kick nuts, claw eyes, and punch throats on the street, in addition to their abilities in a sparring environment. If I can kick your ass WITHOUT "teh d34dly" techniques, imagine what I can do when I am trying to ruin your ability to have children/bite through your neck. Seriously, the too deadly defense doesn't cut it. **** or get off the pot.

Posted On:
    8/14/2007 1:13am

Style: chinese boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless
    Thanks!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2007 9:58am

Style: American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

America, The right to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless

Omega, How many of these guys have you met, and where. They don't hang with other MA's. and the leadership practice in the dark, per say. Have you seen them spar, How do you know their ( Hardcore)?

I know three of the (grand masters ) Two can,t feed their ego fast enough, should hear how they talk about the students, the other is one heck of a great guy!

I also know four of their black belts, almost a match on the break down, two no longer in the system.

These guy's know the truth about the history of the Shou Shu System.

The sparring, never saw anybody spar, never heard about anybody sparring, when I asked about sparring, I was told the art was to (deadly) for sparring.

As for the students claims above, I will take their word for it, and I hope they have "started" sparring in the system.

T.S.

Al Moore's Shou Shu History
    Last edited by Truth seeker; 8/14/2007 10:05am at .

Posted On:
    8/14/2007 11:59am

Style: chinese boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who are the guys that know the truth about the history of the Shou Shu system? Maybe I can ask them myself.

As for the art being to deadly, I think that is easily remedied: "We're gonna spar now, don't be to deadly!" Kung Fu guys have been sparring for centuries, why wouldn't we. Although we do train to do things like break arms and poke eyes, as opposed to boxing, which is of course effective but doesn't train to kick your opponent when he is down.

If we have "started" sparring recently, I dont know. But that would mean our system is improving. We also do more grappling (reluctantly). I would like to see a better understanding of muay thai and knife fighting in the system, and maybe less cross-stepping and cranes-beaking.

God I can't believe I'm still arguing about this. Bullshido is starting to affect my marriage, and my son calls me "Switchblade" now. To bad "Freebird 69" was already taken...

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/14/2007 1:20pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth seeker
    Omega, How many of these guys have you met, and where. They don't hang with other MA's. and the leadership practice in the dark, per say. Have you seen them spar, How do you know their ( Hardcore)?

I know three of the (grand masters ) Two can,t feed their ego fast enough, should hear how they talk about the students, the other is one heck of a great guy!

I also know four of their black belts, almost a match on the break down, two no longer in the system.

These guy's know the truth about the history of the Shou Shu System.

The sparring, never saw anybody spar, never heard about anybody sparring, when I asked about sparring, I was told the art was to (deadly) for sparring.

As for the students claims above, I will take their word for it, and I hope they have "started" sparring in the system.

T.S.

Al Moore's Shou Shu History
    I've met 3, one was actually at a throwdown and we had to keep telling to guy to lighten up. The other was a student of a mma fighter and of course the other was actually a mma fighter.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/14/2007 1:34pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by switchblade
    Who are the guys that know the truth about the history of the Shou Shu system? Maybe I can ask them myself.

As for the art being to deadly, I think that is easily remedied: "We're gonna spar now, don't be to deadly!" Kung Fu guys have been sparring for centuries, why wouldn't we. Although we do train to do things like break arms and poke eyes, as opposed to boxing, which is of course effective but doesn't train to kick your opponent when he is down.

If we have "started" sparring recently, I dont know. But that would mean our system is improving. We also do more grappling (reluctantly). I would like to see a better understanding of muay thai and knife fighting in the system, and maybe less cross-stepping and cranes-beaking.

God I can't believe I'm still arguing about this. Bullshido is starting to affect my marriage, and my son calls me "Switchblade" now. To bad "Freebird 69" was already taken...

Don't let this happen. It's not worth it. If my wife asked I would leave bullshido. Instead I let any of my students come and watch me on here and chime in if they want. My daughter is too young to understand. My students are now calling me Mr. O. It's quite funny.
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213 LastLast