Style: American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Great!

Quote Originally Posted by switchblade
    I spar.

We want to see the masters put on the gloves>

Shou Shu Masters

ShiHan Pierini | DaShifu Freier | DaShifu Smith | DaShifu Parkins | ShiHan Amata | DaShifu Siegfried
    DaShifu Al Moore II (AKA Jung Moon Jr. ) | DaShifu Ralph Moore

Question? Have you ever seen Brown belts and above spar with matching ranks?

Have you ever seen these gentalmen spar with each other?

T.S.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/11/2007 2:55pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shoushutiger
    The existence of kata does not make a martial art crap as long as the principles from it can be used in sparring and therefore, fighting.
    You realize you just legitimized health Tai Chi, Cardio Kickboxing and Cardio Boxing and Aerobics right?

Posted On:
    8/11/2007 3:13pm

Style: chinese boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe Guerilla Fist attneded throwdowns, he's a shou shu guy. I dont know if I know him personally. Myself, I need to lose 40 lbs and get my black, then maybe I could accomodate you guys. Might take less than a year, but I dont see myself arguing on this undying thread the whole time.

If i can contribute anything worthwhile to this subject I might, but I would like to say to Truthseeker: life is short, enjoy it. If you ever want to get a beer at the tittie bar PM me. I will probably already be there anyway.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2007 5:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

It's not just a shot in the ass no more!

Quote Originally Posted by switchblade
    If i can contribute anything worthwhile to this subject I might, but I would like to say to Truthseeker: life is short, enjoy it. If you ever want to get a beer at the tittie bar PM me. I will probably already be there anyway.
    Please answer the Questions, Were not politician here.

Question? Have you ever seen Brown belts and above spar with matching ranks?

Have you ever seen these gentalmen spar with each other?

How do you feel when you bow and look these men in the eyes, knowing the bulls#@.

T.S.

Hey switchblade, thanks for the offer, but I could never just look at the tittie bar, and it's been years since I've been to the free clinic for my shot in the ass.

Friends can debate with respect,

Be careful out there.

BUT,Please answer the questions truthfully!

Posted On:
    8/11/2007 7:02pm

Style: chinese boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've done light sparring with black belts, heavy with browns and greens. Last month a green got his nose broke from a brown, I think thats pretty real. but whatevs.
    Only met Moore jr. once. I can see why you might not be a fan, but then i wasnt prom queen either. I myself have great respect for him.

I do know that black belts heavy spar each other, in a black belt only environment. So no, I havent seen these guys spar each other. Maybe you could provide us with video.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2007 10:14pm

Style: Hei Long Shou Shu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just because its not on the net doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. When I tell you that I spar, I mean that I am wearing gloves, shin guards, headgear, and a hogu, and unloading everything I got against my opponent. We also do reactions without gear, but at a lighter pace. A brown belt at my school just had her tailbone fractured from working with a blackbelt, and now she cant come back in for two months. So telling me that sparring at shou shu schools doesn't happen is a straight up lie. I mean how are YOU gonna tell me what does or does not happen at my school when im watching it in front of my face and doing it as well. Thats at my school at least.
    Last edited by shoushutiger; 8/11/2007 10:16pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2007 10:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    You realize you just legitimized health Tai Chi, Cardio Kickboxing and Cardio Boxing and Aerobics right?
    aerobics and cardio have fighting principles? that they put into sparring? They spar? if cardio kickboxers spar, isn't that just kickboxing, or regular tai chi and not health tai chi?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2007 10:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by shoushutiger
    Just because A brown belt at my school just had her tailbone fractured from working with a blackbelt, and now she cant come back in for two months. .
    Again, WOW!

Bet that Shou Shu Black belt is proud!!!

Don't think you understand this debate as a whole.

Good luck to all.

T.S.

Smile :icon_blac
    Last edited by Truth seeker; 8/12/2007 10:01am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/13/2007 5:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    your debate is on shou shu's history. And chinese kempo, im cool with you there. But others were attacking shoushu's ability as a fighting system so thats where I was coming from. I wasn't really answering to anything you said in that post. or my last few posts.

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    8/13/2007 6:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Having heard plenty online from Shou-Shuers and seeing other vids of so-called SD training, I seriously doubt the credibility of Shou Shu's self-defence content and doubt that it is a good way to train to defend yourself, especially for the average student.

But I'm open minded to you proving me wrong :D

Why don't you describe in detail the portion of your training that pertains to self-defence and we can analyse how good it is, systematically and as a training method, relative to the implied super-duperness.
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 111213 LastLast