Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/20/2006 9:53pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IzzyDaHedgehog
    Mine does at the beginning of class. Actually, to a picture of Helio Gracie.

I'm not joking.

It would weird me out if any more attention were paid to it.
    $160 for an atama jujitsu gi
    $30 for a three month supply of tiger balm
    $100 a month to be weirded out by a giant picture of the crypt keeper in your dojo....

Priceless

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    7/21/2006 7:07am

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We line up and shake hands after class, and shake hands before and after rolling, but no bowing here. Although we train in a karate school, so we have swords, sparing gear, pictures of karate guys, those sticks you beat your hands into, and and japaneese looking stuff all over.

Posted On:
    7/21/2006 7:30am

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We lined up and bowed (and shouted "zhoooo zhitsoooo") at the end of class while the instructor was Gracie Barra Pernambuco affiliated.

Now, we line up and shake hands-fists, Academia Kezen style.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/21/2006 9:53am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Day 382……………

Dear Diary,

Rolling was mint tonight. I got paired up with a white belt…nigga please!!! White belt!!!! The n00b got me into guard but I just elbowed the crap out of his inner thighs and then drove straight forward on him once his guard broke and grabbed the back of his head and yanked his neck up. My buddy Doogle showed me this move on a tape he had of an old UFC. A guy named Marc Coleman used it and almost ripped some dudes head off….it was sweet. The white belt screamed and Mr. Kimple yelled stop. He told me that neck cranks were not allowed…whatever, like I said before, no time before I pass him up.

I then got paired up with a blue belt. I easily pulled him into the guard position but he sat back threw my leg to the side or something and ended up beside me, then he was sitting on me grabbing my collar and everything started to go black again…NOT THIS TIME ************!!!! I bucked up a little bit to try and get him off of me and it released some of the pressure around my neck, although when he came back down on me the choke seemed tighter so I squeezed his upper thigh twice to signal him to stop like Mr. Kimple told me. The guy released the choke and looked down at me kind of confused like, I winked at him and nodded toward the new guy sitting off of the mat watching. It was only my second class and I didn’t want to give away a GJJ secret that Mr. Kimple entrusted to me early due to my ATA TKD skillz. Seeing as there was a first timer on the mats today, I decided before the fights to be more discrete if I needed to tap. The guy seemed more confused but got up off of me and slowly walked off of the mat. That collar thing gets me all of the time, I’m gonna have to learn that next.

I’m still waiting for my Rickson Gracie Mizuno Gi to come in….I used the step-dinks Home Depot Visa card to order it using that asshole Jack Nelson’s name, morons.

OH SHITS…….Sharpen the skates biatch!!!!! HOCKEY season starts tomorrow. I should be varsity this season. My buddy Doogle has been peppering the puck at me in front of his garage all summer, I feel the spirit of Roy in me and I’m comin off the bench this season, I ain’t your second string back-up goalie any more, **** yeah…..

GJJ for the win,

Chuck, Jr.

Posted On:
    7/21/2006 2:48pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't decide if he's a nerd or a redneck.

Posted On:
    7/21/2006 2:56pm

Style: JJ of the B variety

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenJonas

Right before class Mr. Kimple took me aside and explained some of the “rules of the school”. He said that every time you step on the mat you have to bow to the mat and bow to Helio and Rickson’s pictures. He said that my XMA gi had to be replaced by either a royal blue or white judo/jiu-jitsu gi, and my gi had to have two of his school patches on it, one on front and one on back (one is fucking HUGE like the size of a fricken manhole cover!)

I'd better be getting some damn good training to put up with rules like that.

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    7/21/2006 3:00pm

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My judo instructor wont let me wear my jiujitsu gi to judo. Not because of its cut (which would be the valid reason), but because it says jiujitsu on the sleeves (for reference look at any atama gi sleeve.) Its always pissed me off.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/21/2006 3:23pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by stray_bullet
    Flesh the character out a bit more, the D n' D type thing sounds too close to to our ninja friend..

What about starting him out as more of the XMA type, athletic and goodlooking if just a slight bit geeky, but sheltered and misguided, who ends up seeing the light of the BJJ goodness to become the ultimate nutriding dork?
    Dang. They're on to me.:sad11: Except for the sheltered part

Didn't so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards

Posted On:
    7/23/2006 12:02am

Style: Ex-TKD, BJJ, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See, if he were a real BJJ guy, he would probably feel the spirit of Hasek more than Roy.
    sudo make me a sandwich!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/23/2006 8:17pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Day 387………

Dear Diary,

Fucken coach sucks man, he said he could drive truck through my 5-hole……its not my damn fault!!!! I’ve been pumping out the reps on my mom’s thigh master to help my guard…..Susanne Summers is friggen hot as balls too, I keep the box under my bed………

My Rickson gi came in two days ago. Damn thing feels like a suit of armor compared to my XMA gi but the crossfacing is badass with this thing on. I tapped a white belt yesterday by laying on his head and rubbing my new gi like sandpaper over his face, awesome. Once again, no one else would fight me but Mr. Kimple stepped up to ball…..he’s a lot better than I thought. I tried to give him the Coleman treatment but he arm barred me somehow. I then tried my new sandpaper move and he wrapped me up with my arm across my face, I had to tap on that one pretty quick as I started to see stars again. I was pretty pissed at that point and wanted another try at him. We started standing and I pulled out my XMA jump-spinning-over-head-axe-kick-flip to reverse punch with a sweet KIA!!!…….**** no, he did some crazy **** after I left my reverse punch out there by grabbing my arm and my lapel, then taking me down and wrapping his legs around my head a trapping my arm across my face…..more stars, had to tap. He called it a triangle and told me I needed to calm down, stop freaking out, and let GJJ technique lead the way to a complete enlightenment in my game. We then drilled pulling guard from standing to a cross collar choke, I call it the “Gracie Bowell Surprise” SWEET.

I’m not sure what a “game” is but I think I’m gonna start listening to him.

I have to go to ATA tomorrow. Mom said if I don’t she’ll kick me out and I’ll have to spend the winter in the fucking shed. I’m gonna try and shed some GJJ light on the class during our point sparring one step sessions.

GJJ for the win,

Chuck, Jr.
Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast