232846 Bullies, 3953 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1 to 10 of 15
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. sochin101 is offline
    sochin101's Avatar

    Graviora Manent

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Lincolnshire, England
    Posts
    6,888

    Posted On:
    7/19/2006 10:20am

    Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Bullshido- The Revenge

    So we’ve had threads about the worst technique we’ve been taught, the worst Bullshido we’ve ever fallen for, and so forth.

    Did anyone ever get revenge for these heinous acts? Ever put Sensei/Sifu in his place? Or on his ass?

    I’ll start.
    After discovering the Shotokan club I trained at was a bit of a belt factory, I decided not to grade. Ever. I thought it was the best way to wind up my money-grabbing instructor. He’d outlived his usefulness anyhow; I just used the club for training partners, insurance, and access to some pretty cool courses. He saw through this after about a year, and told me that I wouldn’t be allowed on any courses because I was too low a grade. I agreed to grade.
    Cue two hours of basics. And katas. And then backwards basics. Then stooopid one-step. Then semi-contact sparring a procession of senior grades.
    I was gassed after about the first two opponents. I had to cover up and counter-punch. A lot. I got through about five fights.
    I was barely able to lift my legs, when the grinning instructor pulled on his gloves. I guess I was going to taste some payback.
    He was only ever going to come in on a straight line and try and reverse punch my teeth down my throat. I figured I had one kick left, so I set him up for a round kick to the head. Except I was wrong, I didn’t have a kick left.
    I got halfway through, and my standing leg buckled from fatigue. My kicking leg couldn’t extend, I couldn’t get my hips over. I was screwed.
    At the time I launched my kick, he launched his reverse… and slammed his head into my knee. Hard. I can still remember the look of total confusion in his rapidly clouding eyes. This low grade had produced the deadly forbidden knee strike of the ancients…

    He passed me. I don’t think he dared do anything else.

    I stayed with the club and made his life a misery as much as often as I could.


    Please note… I did use the search function… If a similar thread has been posted before, I apologise.
    Last edited by sochin101; 7/19/2006 10:22am at .
  2. Wolf is offline
    Wolf's Avatar

    T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,540

    Posted On:
    7/19/2006 10:31am

    staff
     Style: MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So you put your instructor in his place by being gassed and almost falling down whilst flailing a knee that caught him while he attacked?

    Sounds like you got real lucky you didn't get KTFO.
  3. theraydiator is offline
    theraydiator's Avatar

    Lightweight

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New Haven
    Posts
    488

    Posted On:
    7/19/2006 10:44am

    supporting member
     Style: no gi bjj

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think disappearing and no longer paying my McDojo bills was enough "payback." Realizing I had been training in **** and had been swindled was a liberating experience, and I found that more valuable than revenge. Then again, my parents paid the McDojo fees.

    My former instructor was a douche, but it was my own fault that I got suckered. Also, we had an agreement that he would start paying me to teach the kiddies but not until I got my black belt. After a few months of me helping with the chilluns (gearing up to be a paid employee), I passed my black belt test, master passed me over by hiring a new instructor to teach the kids, and I said "Oh **** That" and bailed. He looked me in the eye and tied my black belt on at the end of my test, and that's the last time he ever saw me.

    Now I don't really care about revenge, because I'm training things that really challenge me and continually remind me that I have a lot to learn. My training is supposed to be about me. Sure, I'd love to go choke out all the deluded, geeky, self-righteous pricks that his school churns out, but that's just not going to happen--I'm happy putting my former training behind me and chalking it up to a character building mistake (introduction to my own naivety) and an primer in how much BS is really out there.

    Again, now I train for me, so for all I care that guy can go **** himself.
    Last edited by theraydiator; 7/19/2006 10:47am at .
    -Jordan
  4. Plasma is online now
    Plasma's Avatar

    Bullshido's Greatest Ninja

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,128

    Posted On:
    7/19/2006 11:01am

    supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: JJJ/Judo[Nidan] BJJ[Blue]

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Posted before, but I'll post again

    Quote Originally Posted by pl4zm4
    Binghamton Shinkage Ryu Kenjutsu

    First to start out I will not give the person’s name or association of Shinkage Ryu because I feel it is not necessary for the following story. This story will only contain truths, no analysis.

    This person is the founder and instructor of the Binghamton University Samurai Sword Club, Recently, he put out that he likes to be known as Oni-Sensei, so I will oblige. Oni-Sensei came onto campus the semester after I graduated, I met him during one my visits to my old school. At first I was very interested because Kenjutsu students are quite rare (Kenjutsu != Kendo). He told me he was a student of Shinkage Ryu, which peeked my curiosity because my dojo includes a section of Yagyu Shinkage Ryu, a sister art to his style. At first he exploded, saying that we must not do a real Shinkage Ryu because[list a bunch of reason I was half listening too] and he was going to report my dojo to his grandmaster. I calmly explain there are many schools of Shinkage Ryu and we did a different one. The fact that I didn’t walk away then, I don’t know.

    As we walked back to my friend’s dorm he told me stories, including one about live blade sparring, another about being hit by a train and a semi truck and not breaking a single bone [because they are super dense], another about his Sensei dislocating all his joints and making himself pop them back in, and this was just the tip of the ice burg.

    Later on Oni-Sensei invited me to his club for some sword sparring. I love to spar so I came down. First we started to warm-up with standard exercise and a lot of duck walking. I noticed that he has one student, well ok; Kenjutsu students are rare as I said before. He makes his student sit in horse stance for a while (not sure why), goes over a few postures and one strike. So a lot of conditioning, very little Kenjutsu so far, and now it time to spar. So I grab one of his shinai, he said “No, we spar with bokken.” Now I come from a nice full contact dojo and we don’t even spar with bokken, but ok. So I agree and grab my bokken, he grabs his. He then tells me that his bokken is from a set of 10 where 8 of them where broken over him while standing in horse stance. So I bow and stand in Seigan no Kamae, measuring the distance, when Oni-Sensei attacks. I simply knock his Sword out of the way and hit him on the head. So I figured that was enough to get him to switch to shinai, nope. So we clash a few more times, and I am limiting my targets to his thumb and wrist. Eventually he decides to liven things up and grabs his second bokken. He goes to say that before he did Shinkage Ryu he did a sword style which was Kenjutsu mixed with Iron Body Kung Fu [I still cannot figure out how Iron Body stops a blade] and in this style they use 2 swords. So while he explains I go to my bag and grab 3 rubber shaken (throwing star). I never fought anyone with 2 bokken to I was a bit worried. Again I start by distancing, but instead of attacking he is just changing posture, so I use this time to draw a rubber shaken from inside of gi. I conceal it in my hand and wait. Eventually he moves into a posture where his face looks like a giant bullseye. So I throw the shaken at his head and follow it in. It connects and he jerks his head; so I jump in and hit his head with my bokken (again). When he gets back up his right eye is all bloodshot, and he complained I hit him in the eyeball. So I figured this was enough and when to gather my stuff and he could dismiss his student. While on the side I take out my BundoKusari (weighted chain) and was playing with it. So instead of tending to his class, he calls out that chain weapons are overrated and he can easily defeat it.. So he challenged me again …*sigh*. I explain that I will not use a live chain because it will shatter bones. Oni-Sensei claims that doesn’t matter because I will never be able to touch him with it. After a few minutes we decide to spar, but I will use a weighed rope (a rope with braided ends, where each braid contains a small weight and it covered with rubber). This match only lasted one strike. I hit his hand and Oni-Sensei dropped his bokken and nursed his wound. I then said “Aren’t you glad with didn’t use the live chain, it would of shattered your hand.” Then Oni-Sensei goes on about dense bones again.

    Later Oni-Sensei explained that if this was a real death duel he would of won because he truly understands bushido and he is a real samurai. Then he “proved” it when I wouldn’t fight him with live blades.

    I only presented truth, make your own decisions.
    http://www.bullshido.net/modules.php...article&id=147
  5. Ronin.74 is online now

    霍氏八极拳徒弟

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,470

    Posted On:
    7/19/2006 1:26pm


     Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have never had an instructor that I could knock on his ass. If I can knock them on their ass I don't join their club. But I am enjoying reading about everyone elses experiences. Thanks!!
  6. sochin101 is offline
    sochin101's Avatar

    Graviora Manent

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Lincolnshire, England
    Posts
    6,888

    Posted On:
    7/19/2006 1:59pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KSWolf
    So you put your instructor in his place by being gassed and almost falling down whilst flailing a knee that caught him while he attacked?
    No, dude... that was the revenge scenario... he tried to tire me with a grading 6 times longer than normal, had me fight shodans and nidans when I was a really junior grade, all so I'd be softened up so he could whup me. The fact I fluked a lucky knee makes it even funnier, in my opinion. No, wait... the fact he believed I'd meant to throw the knee was funnier still.
    Quote Originally Posted by KSWolf
    Sounds like you got real lucky you didn't get KTFO.
    Amen... everytime I walked onto a mat :-)
  7. sochin101 is offline
    sochin101's Avatar

    Graviora Manent

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Lincolnshire, England
    Posts
    6,888

    Posted On:
    7/19/2006 2:08pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pl4zM4
    Posted before, but I'll post again
    Missed it first time around, thanks for re-posting.
    It sounds like the guy actually believed his own bs... I mean, there's trying to save one's face, but that guy sounds like he's in denial.
    Last edited by sochin101; 7/19/2006 2:21pm at .
  8. FictionPimp is offline

    Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,147

    Posted On:
    7/19/2006 2:16pm


     Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I posted an article on my aikido exp.

    My TKD instructor died before I was old enough to understand what a mcdojo was. I know the ATA guy that took over wasn't teaching what I learned though, so I left. The other schools I've been too I was always to chicken to do anything to their face because they always had about 100 pounds on me. Now I'm more confident and I dont put up with any bullshit. I recently ran into a guy I knew from a krav maga class at an ATA school. He started talking his crap and I offered for him to come down and try a MMA class with us. It shut him up very quickly.
  9. Feryk is offline

    Boneheaded Optimist

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Keep going North until I say stop
    Posts
    2,109

    Posted On:
    7/19/2006 2:27pm

    supporting member
     Style: Wado Kai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101
    No, dude... that was the revenge scenario... he tried to tire me with a grading 6 times longer than normal, had me fight shodans and nidans when I was a really junior grade, all so I'd be softened up so he could whup me. The fact I fluked a lucky knee makes it even funnier, in my opinion. No, wait... the fact he believed I'd meant to throw the knee was funnier still.
    Amen... everytime I walked onto a mat :-)
    You are confusing the hell out of me. Help me out here.

    1.) The place was a belt factory, but it had cool courses you wanted to take, so you stayed and trained without grading for a long time. Why would you want to take courses from a place/guy you don't respect?

    2.) The head instructor figures out that you are training without spending the extra dough on gradings, so he limits your access to the courses until you grade, which you agreed to. If that was the rule going in, why didn't you just suck it up and grade before, even if you thought it was stupid?

    3.) During this grading, he makes you fight 5-6 senior belts (which, in a belt factory, shouldn't be THAT good), and you are gassing when he goes to fight you himself? Was this three five minute rounds of hard contact, or point fighting or what? Because to me, that doesn't sound all that tough, to be honest. And, if this place were as crappy as you say, you should have been able to dominate at least some of these people.

    4.) You got lucky with a knee strike that the guy should have easily blocked, but hell, we've all been hit with stuff we should've seen/blocked. And that makes it funny?

    5.) You got your belt, so I'm assuming, your access to the courses was granted. Why was this guy an asshole, again?

    I want to understand this, so I'm not going to roast you. A grading designed to be difficult was 'revenge'? And you got yours by getting lucky as you were collapsing? Can you explain this please?
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    i was once told that "do" means wrecking people's **** for your own philosophical betterment.

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin_peebles
    I could be mistaking dumbness for delusion. I'll have to go dig out my DSM IV. It's great to have stumbled upon this site. The rich fauna and flora of mental dysfunction that exists in the martial arts is amazing. It's like the Galapagos.
  10. sochin101 is offline
    sochin101's Avatar

    Graviora Manent

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Lincolnshire, England
    Posts
    6,888

    Posted On:
    7/19/2006 3:08pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Feryk
    You are confusing the hell out of me. Help me out here.
    Happy to help...
    1:The club was part of a multi style organisation (UKASKO) and we could train with kung-fu, TKD, jui jitsu etc etc, as well as access to tournaments with good quality continuous sparring. That part of it was cool. It had little to do with him, but he was the only UKASKO club in the area.
    2: The instructor got a cut of the course money, so initially he was happy to get as many of his students there as possible. There was no original stipulation of grading to go on the courses.
    3:Average grading for 4th kyu would usually have been around 30-40 minutes, with sparring at the end with peer grades. He had me churning basics out for nearly two hours, then lines up four or five senior grades to fight me. There were no rounds... we fought until the senior grade was tired, semi-contact continous, I'd guess would be the most accurate description.
    4: I suppose that could be a "You had to be there" moment, but the fact he'd designed the grading to fatigue me so he could prove a point by knocking me out... irony rather than an all out chuckle fest. Also, the fact he assumed I'd intended the strike, rather that a half-assed poorly executed round kick.
    5: The guy was an asshole for sooo many more reasons than this, but, in my opinion, if he'd wanted to knock me the fudge out to prove a point, he should have done it himself, rather than the way he did it. As regards the courses... he'd made the stipulation, I guess he thought he couldn't backtrack.

    Quote Originally Posted by Feryk
    I want to understand this, so I'm not going to roast you. A grading designed to be difficult was 'revenge'?
    Yeah... belt factory... gradings weren't difficult... 20-30 minutes average, a little more for higher grades. That's why I deemed them pointless. He pulls an unexpected two hour grading on me (I was the only person grading). He spent the last 30 minutes of my grading warming up as I did yet another kata.

    I hope that has made a little more sense, Feryk.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.