Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2006 1:16pm

Style: Aunkai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate1481
    Diesel here (UK) has hit 1 a liter once or twice reacenlty, to lazy 1 convert that to $/gallon sorry, but veg oil is about 1/4 of that.
    I do recall reading a couple years back that people got fined for tax evasion in the UK by filling up their cars with waste fryer oil.

Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher

Posted On:
    8/02/2006 4:38pm

supporting member
     Style: n/a (ex-Karate)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwid
    He was referring to the assassination of archduke Ferdinand being the event that set the gears of war irreversibly in motion, starting World War I. Thus, the nine million killed being an indirect result of that pistol. I think so, anyway. My Western Civ is a bit rusty...
    Out of the mouths of n00bs...

Thank-you, dwid. You have succeeded where so many others have failed.
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon

Why did they never try this....

Posted On:
    8/02/2006 9:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Jujutsu/Mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hl1978
    I do recall reading a couple years back that people got fined for tax evasion in the UK by filling up their cars with waste fryer oil.
    Somewhere in Wales I belive tax is aobut 1/2 the cost of fuel here.
    "This won't hurt me a bit..." - My training partner.:new_astha

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    8/03/2006 12:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The percentage of the price of petrol at the pump which is tax is about 80% in the UK according to this debate recorded in Hansard (somebody was trying to introduce a bill which would make it law that the percentage of the price which was tax would have to be displayed at pumps) :-

http://www.publications.parliament.u...t/00208-06.htm

Here's an article about the bio-fuel incident in Wales :-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/oil/story/...878234,00.html
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2006 3:37am

Style: MCMAP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian
    Speaking of SA/DA, do any of you have an opinion on the Taurus 24/7 PRO? I've heard about its feed problems, but it appears that's due to magazine manufacturing errors (I have the specific info if anyone wants it). It sounds like a great gun and I can get it on the cheap. I don't see myself buying a pistol any time soon, but the geek in me wants to do the homework anyway.
    That alone would keep me from ever getting it. A survival pistol that is to be put into a BOB has to be first and foremost utterly and completly reliable. a great deal of tuner 1911's get scrubbed from that list because of finicky appetites in terms of ammo and magazine/parts. Glocks may not be everybodys cup of tea but for flawless performance with a huge range of ammo types in a variety of conditions they are hard to be (just stay away from the .40 ones).

Ammo is another thing thats pretty widely gotten wrong. High performance 9mm ammo will perform anything and everything a .45 can do and more in terms of energy and damage. ammo is plentiful and is cheap as air. the problem with 9mm as a SHTF pistol is that you might not always have access to the high quality JHP rounds. in this case the .45 will prove a better pick especially since high capacity .45s are rather easy to come across. a 9mm MAY expand but a .45 will never shrink or so the saying goes.

Cant help but notice that MBR's got left out of the weapons that may be needed in a SHTF scenario. If i had a choice to only one long arm, it wouldnt be a shotty. a .308 battle rifle gives you 5 times the range, more accuracy and increased ammo capacity and carry allowance in roughly the same weight class. Ammo is sure as hell cheaper and very very widely available.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    8/22/2006 10:37am

supporting member
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming East
    That alone would keep me from ever getting it. A survival pistol that is to be put into a BOB has to be first and foremost utterly and completly reliable. a great deal of tuner 1911's get scrubbed from that list because of finicky appetites in terms of ammo and magazine/parts. Glocks may not be everybodys cup of tea but for flawless performance with a huge range of ammo types in a variety of conditions they are hard to be (just stay away from the .40 ones).

Ammo is another thing thats pretty widely gotten wrong. High performance 9mm ammo will perform anything and everything a .45 can do and more in terms of energy and damage. ammo is plentiful and is cheap as air. the problem with 9mm as a SHTF pistol is that you might not always have access to the high quality JHP rounds. in this case the .45 will prove a better pick especially since high capacity .45s are rather easy to come across. a 9mm MAY expand but a .45 will never shrink or so the saying goes.

Cant help but notice that MBR's got left out of the weapons that may be needed in a SHTF scenario. If i had a choice to only one long arm, it wouldnt be a shotty. a .308 battle rifle gives you 5 times the range, more accuracy and increased ammo capacity and carry allowance in roughly the same weight class. Ammo is sure as hell cheaper and very very widely available.
    I've replied in a new thread here.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678