Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher

Posted On:
    7/26/2006 3:30am

supporting member
     Style: n/a (ex-Karate)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MONGO
    And to address the finger along the frame issue- it is one of the cardinal rules, but I can't count how many times I have seen it violated by LEO, Military and Civilians.
    Over here, we're still trying to figure out what happened here.
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon

Banished to Fort Worth

Posted On:
    7/26/2006 3:34am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DAYoung
    OK. Although it's had to keep my finger straight with this much crystal meth in my system...
    Dude, unless you're making it YOURSELF, with one of the pure reagent formulas, you need to quit that crap and get some Ritalin or Adderall. There's no way to know what kind of crap those tweaked up Outback Hillbillies are contaminating your meth with.

Seriously... Adderall. Probably cheaper too, with a tier 2 copay.

Edit... I should have mentioned that while Desoxyn is actually a methamphetamine, and ostensibly a closer replacement to your tweaker drug of choice, whereas Adderall is an amphetamine, the latter is WAY cooler with the kids, and far easier to get, thus it gets the nod.
    Last edited by sdave; 7/26/2006 3:56am at .

Posted On:
    7/26/2006 3:36am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sdave
    Dude, unless you're making it YOURSELF, with one of the pure reagent formulas, you need to quit that crap and get some Ritalin or Adderall. There's no way to know what kind of crap those tweaked up Outback Hillbillies are contaminating your meth with.

Seriously... Adderall. Probably cheaper too, with a tier 2 copay.
    Haha! Thanks - this is the kind of caring, almost fatherly advice I expect from Bullshido.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2006 7:32am

Style: Aunkai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    also if you are going to be storing gasoline for a while in case of an emergency you need to remember that gas goes bad after a while. you have two options, cycle it through your car and buy it fresh again (just like water), or buy some gasoline stabilizer. thats what i do when i park my bike in my garage for the winter.

i am not sure how long it will make the gas stay "good".

your car wont like old gas, plus then you have to clean a lot of engine components later if you try and run it, if it runs at all. you can get condensation in the gas, and a most people know, water plus gas doesnt run well in an engine.

http://www.alpharubicon.com/altenergy/gasstoretg.htm
    Last edited by hl1978; 7/26/2006 7:34am at .

Lightweight

Posted On:
    7/26/2006 10:24am

supporting member
     Style: Injured Reserve

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    I actually think I'm going to trade the Glock 30 for a Sprinfield XD .45, so if I get that done I'll give a report here. I disagree about any danger with the Springfield's striker being cocked. A 1911 or a Hi-Power is commonly carried with the hammer cocked, and it's never been a big problem. The only way around this is a double action (with accompanying heavy, trigger-cocking trigger pull) or a Glock, as far as I know. That is unless you want to be cocking a single action or racking a slide when you need your weapon.
    Have you seen the FN HP SFS? It's a High Power made by Fabrique National with their name rather than Browning's and it has the Safe Fire System. The SFS is a development from Cylinder and Slide that FN has licensed.

With a round in the chamber you lower the hammer with your thumb and the safety engages automatically. You can carry safe and hammer down. When you need to shoot you simply release the safety with your thumb and the hammer automatically cocks...

I picked one up in .40 and am becoming quite fond of it.

Chris

http://www.fnhusa.com/contents/hg_hpsfs.htm in case you care
    Last edited by csinca; 7/26/2006 10:51am at .

Lightweight

Posted On:
    7/26/2006 11:00am

supporting member
     Style: Injured Reserve

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark
    I reccomend the remmington 870. Their simple, sturdy, inexpensive and you can modify it like mad. Pistol grip with stock will REALLY increase your accuracy.
    I was thinking about the Mossberg 500 rather than the Remington but I'm still on that fence. I'm curious why you prefer Remington over Mossberg.

Chris

Why did they never try this....

Posted On:
    7/26/2006 6:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Jujutsu/Mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Someone mentioned being short of fuel earlier, if u running a diesel & you can run a mix with vegetable oil, don't know for sure but think its 50:50 well mixed
    I do know a couple of guys who use it as it's cheeper, but could have some use in a fuel shortage.
    They've also mentioned adding a pre-injection fuel heater so they can fun on almost pure stuff.

Here's a couple of links i found on it:
    http://www.dieselveg.com/
    http://www.veggiepower.org.uk/page701a.htm
    "This won't hurt me a bit..." - My training partner.:new_astha

Posted On:
    7/28/2006 1:00am

supporting memberhall of fame
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Holy crap…we found the gun that killed Arch-Duke Ferdinand!

Posted On:
    7/28/2006 1:09am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Olorin

Holy crap…we found the gun that killed Arch-Duke Ferdinand!
    Not many pistols can advertise themselves as having killed nine million soldiers, all over Europe and Northern Africa.

That's firepower and range, boyo.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    7/28/2006 8:33am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm pretty sure what SDave meant to say was that winners don't use dope, dopers never win, and you should stay in school.

Also, that revolver is a classic. Is that an M&P?

I do remember the SFS conversion, but I didn't know FN had licensed it for use on their production Hi-Powers. That actually says a lot, because for years they've produced a da/sa version of the Hi-Power called the "BDA" which was not well-liked by anyone I know who'd shot one. For them to admit that and add the SFS option is pretty neat.

On that Australian soldier's death, I have to say I agree with the mother that the investigation leaves something to be desired from the facts in the article. I'd be interested to see what the rest of the 11 "indicators" cited were. The idea of the gun failing to eject because he limp-wristed it--because the shot he fired had already taken effect and he couldn't hold the gun for the fraction of a second it takes to eject and cycle the action!--sounds ridiculous on its face to me. I haven't tested it, but that would bring me up short right there.

Beyond that. . . . . it was suicide because there was a round chambered? That makes no sense. We know a round was chambered because a round was fired.

On the other hand, though I understand mom's distress, none of that means he didn't shoot himself either purposely or by accident while doing something stupid.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 78 LastLast