Style: PTK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hey I found my first example of FMA bullshido

this is my first contribution to the drive to eradicate bullshido -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhg4m...&search=pekiti

his school - http://www.jeffcitymartialarts.com/about.htm

myspace - http://www.myspace.com/kalimaster

This ladies and gents is tremendously substandard FMA. I can't believe this guy is even attempting to teach. And for some damn reason it's being linked to Pekiti Tirsia Kali. I found it by searching for "pekiti" in youtube.

There's no footwork, no evasion, the attacker is static and the "guro" looks clueless even in his own video. As far as I'm concerned, this is 100% grade A FMA bullshido.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/17/2006 11:45am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I tend to agree. Look at the instructor page and see how many black belts they have who haven't reached puberty yet...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/17/2006 11:46am

Style: I/L, Sayoc, Atienza FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow.... those movie-poster style photos with thunder and lightning have just got to GO!:qleft1: :tongue11:

*Edit* I just looked at the clip again.... The demo student almost cuts his own neck during the "salutations". Talk about not respecting the blade!
    Last edited by Ken; 7/17/2006 11:50am at .

My pleasure.

Posted On:
    7/17/2006 11:57am

Join us... or die
     Style: yang taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does that first clip remind anyone else of Stomp?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/17/2006 12:09pm

Style: Searching for one...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.jeffcitymartialarts.com/tournaments.htm

Someone should compete in their "MMA" competition.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    7/17/2006 12:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow they sure do love their photoshop. Perhaps I should offer my services to my students taking pictures of them in cool poses and merging them togethor with special effects in the background. Make a few bucks? Is my soul worth it?
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/17/2006 12:33pm

Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by American Martial Arts Academy Website
    Other Services
    School Talks - Master Jason Heriford is known as Sensei in every school in the mid Missouri area. If you would like a Motivational Workshop, focusing on setting goals and achieving them through Black Belt Excellence, please contact us for more information! Check out Ms. Kleene's Testimonial.

B-Day Parties - Our Birthday Parties are the most exciting way for your child to celebrate, and we take care of everything from the invitations, to the clean up. We will even send out the thank you cards to your guests. We have several types of Birthday Parties to choose from all with a Martial Arts theme. And everybody loves the surprise when we cut the cake! Give us a call, and arrange your child's Birthday Party today.

Motivational Lectures - Master Jason is notoriously positive, and driven to share the secrets that have led to his success. He always emphasizes the importance of Stress Management, Harmonious Lifestyle, Balance of Intense Work and Intense Play, Fitness, Nutrition, Spirituality, and how it all culminates in the way of the Warrior Artist! For fun, and enlightening new look at life, contact Master Jason for a lecture in your area!

Kali Silat Seminars - Being the Regional Director of the World Kali Silat Society, Mas Guru Jason Heriford is responsible for organizing the promotion of Gurus and Instructor Candidate Gurus in the Midwest. One of the most exciting and educational experiences for anyone wanting to further their Kali Silat understanding is to train with Mas Guru Jason Heriford. Jason can also arrange for seminars with the world's most sought after Masters and Grand Masters of Kali. Contact Master Jason for more information, now!

Defensive Tactics for Law Enforcement and Military - We also offer the most scientifically sound training for Military and Law Enforcement in close quarter combat. Dealing with multiple perpetrator situations, stopping the armed assailant (especially with a blade), working within the restraints of utility belts and other gear, and staying within the letter of the law is difficult, but we can show you simple, practical, effective, realistic methods that are easy to learn and retain.

Women's Defensive Tactics - We offer regular workshops in Women's Defensive Tactics at no charge, because the need is so great. If you want to scare yourself into taking a class, we will let you do your own research on the statistics of women raped, or how many are murdered by a boyfriend or husband. We recommend reading 'The Gift of Fear' by Gavin DeBecker for starters, then give us a call Our Women's Defensive Tactics are geared for effectiveness no matter what your size, fitness level, etc. You will have a legitimate reason to feel safe after training with us!

Classes for Developmentally Disabled - We have a large number of students with special needs both physical and mental. In some cases the student will begin with many private lessons as we prepare them for group classes. On rare occasion group class is not possible, and private training is always an option, providing the student with greater physical fitness, confidence, and self-esteem, often in ways they have never known before. Sensei Kerry Heriford is in charge of this program, and she is pursuing her life's passion with these classes. You have to check it out. There is Hope!

Senior Wellness - We can provide seniors with an aerobic workout that is appropriate to their needs, with a handful of great options. If you are looking for a different way to keep yourself fit and meet great friends as well, give us a call.

Staff Nutritionist - Anyone can sell you nutrition products, but our Academy offers a certified Nutritionist, who can design a diet that is perfect for you, whatever your goals may be! (Link to Joe Lopez pic and bio)

Private Gymnastics Training - Our Private Gymnastics Instructor is highly decorated with many awards and has a gift for taking each student beyond their own goals with remarkable success!
    Dude, have you seen the "Staff Nutritionist"?

And why do I see either "Amway" or "Martket America", somewhere in all of this?

And the biggest two red flags, a Lillte Ninjas program, and we do birthday parties!

And geez, how many more sensei "kids"?
    Last edited by chalkieusa; 7/17/2006 12:37pm at .

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    7/17/2006 12:36pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jesus Christ! How many sensei's do they need!?

Also notice how everybody is jumping around and showing off in their photos, and the head guy is just standing there, looking like a Star Wars geek.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/17/2006 12:50pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For a good laugh...read the testimonials.

"A.M.A.A. is the best investment for my childs future that I feel I can make." This is from the mother of a 16 year old who made brown belt in two years.

Forget college...my kid is a brown belt!

Posted On:
    7/17/2006 1:07pm

Style: Judo - Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KempoFist
    Wow they sure do love their photoshop. Perhaps I should offer my services to my students taking pictures of them in cool poses and merging them togethor with special effects in the background. Make a few bucks? Is my soul worth it?
    Selling your soul for a few bucks is always worth it.
    "Keep a sharp knife, shiny boots and be on time."
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast