Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/18/2006 7:10pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc
    Actually I haven't done much. You can get 275whp with it if you just turn up the boost. But I'm not so much into horsepower as I don't have the suspension to back it up.
    suspension is always priority #1

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2006 7:11pm

Style: Aunkai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc
    So true. I can't even count how many times I've almost been run over sitting in traffic because people literally can not see my car in their lifted Excursions. Even on stock suspension, you're literally sitting about 5" off the ground, and the car is a little over 4ft tall.

I actually had a dream once that a jeep ran over my car and killing me in it.
    Same thing has happened to me more times than I would like to count while on my motorcycle. Not so much fun when you have to go into a breakdown lane filled with debris/gravel.

As for someone else's comments about mid-rear configuration cars and racing, go look at F1 cars for an example of a series with cars setup like that.

Also check out the McLaren f1

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2006 8:29pm

Style: Nothing currently

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My friend had an MR2 with way-to-slick tires. We did a full 360 on the highway, in heavy traffic, bumped against the divider facing the right direction, and then just drove off trying to figure out what the **** just happend...it was sureal as hell.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2006 11:12pm

Style: Aunkai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi.1
    My friend had an MR2 with way-to-slick tires. We did a full 360 on the highway, in heavy traffic, bumped against the divider facing the right direction, and then just drove off trying to figure out what the **** just happend...it was sureal as hell.

If I was to guess, the guy probably was turning and lifted the gas.

while im surprised that would happen at highway speeds, wihle at the track, lifting is never really a good idea unless you are trying to throttle steer or are participating in a rollover contest.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345