Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2006 6:04pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

You know, if I was starting a Greek martial arts school, I'd probably stay away from the references to Sparta, given that city-state's history of instutionalized of "man-boy love" as part of it's military training. People might be a bit wary of sending their young 'uns to the kids' classes...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/21/2006 7:41am

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Funny this thread came up, I was just looking at a couple articles about him and stuff. They recently had a couple articles about his style of Pankration in Black Belt mag (I was on a long trip...nothing else to read in the airport magazine shop)...his style of Pankration seems pretty well thought out, theoretically and stuff, like all the principles they follow and whatnot; it's a very pragmatic sort of system and obviously very progressive for its time.

I often wonder why he isn't more well-known because, as mentioned above, he's been around for damn near 30 years espousing "mixed martial arts"...maybe it's because he hasn't had a stable of fighters out making a name for his style and his school...who knows?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/21/2006 2:35pm

Style: Kickboxing, Boxing, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's probably it. When Arvantis gets some of his Greek-fu students in the UFC, it'll make his system better known.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12