Thread: Hello

Style
    Taekwondo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hello

I'm posting this primarily to get rid of that newbie message. Here's my intro: I've been studying TKD for about 2 years now. It's been pretty good for me. I've lost about 40 lbs of weight (total) and that's including putting on some muscle. I'm 5'9" and before I started working out I had eased up to 210 lbs, and now I'm hovering right around 170 lbs.

Prior to TKD, my only MA experience was that I had a friend who taught Kendo in the 90s. We did a lot of sparring with shinai. He actually ran a dojo for a while before he moved away, but I never really made the effort to spend much time on it... My loss, I suppose.

Anyway, I found out about Bullshido through my TKD instructor, Mr. Errick Anderson. An acquaintance was asking around about the reputation of a certain MA school here in town (Stillwater, OK, USA), and Mr. Anderson told me I should check out Bullshido regarding:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=45058

All I can say is wow. Just wow.

Style
    No gym currently.
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well done on the weight loss, and yes... wow.
    Did you also read the investigation thread? Double wow.
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

Style
    Taekwondo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks, and yes, I did read the article and the first thread. I couldn't stop reading, and neither could my wife. It's like a train wreck.