Administrator

Posted On:
    7/14/2006 3:02pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkslide632
    Tsuki Shio Ryu Jujitsu. Under James Carey with grandmaster Philip Porter running the whole deal.

I gotta get to work. I'll check in later.
    Phil Porter...blah....

BTW guys saying JJJ sucks is like saying American Cars suck. There are many systems of JJJ.

I think that a normal BJJ guy would have a hard time in a MMA match against this type of JJJ because of the strikes. I've seen this happen several times over the past few years. Specifically with Earnie Boggs.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/14/2006 3:05pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Siphus
    "You got to watch out picking fights on these boards brother"

Is it just me or do you picutre Hulk Hogan yelling into a TV while sayingn this?

You have fuckign 12 posts, and u come on here with a little video of which u think is bullshido, so everyone here can rag on the guy, cuz apparently u sucked too much dick on the other board to do it yourself. Go away.

"Oh oh! Look what I found! He said he can kill everyone! He said BJJ sucks, and everyone at Bullshido loves BJJ! Lets make fun of him because hes stupid!"

(Graduate of the Omega school of communication.....you forgot to use the proper noun Fucktard)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2006 3:12pm

Style: Ju-jitsu, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey guys, thanks for the responses. I'll try to clear some stuff up.

Sensei Carey is my instructor. When Porter started USMA they started to piece together their jujitsu program and did as far as shodan (I believe). Because our class had some advancing students, sensei Carey asked Porter about it and Porter asked sensei Carey if he would be interested in working on promotional requirements for ranks above shodan (Or wherever it was that they finished). Once he finished, it was supposed to go to (And I believe HAS gone to) a big board of directors consisting of like 100 different people or whatever. In the meantime, sensei Carey was having issues with students promotions and not wanting to promote them without it being recognized nationally... otherwise it's pretty pointless. So having recieved several E-mails from people on the board, telling him the stuff was good and he never should have given it to the USMA and instead should have kept it for his own style, he decided to take the basis of USMA Jujitsu and add to it the stuff that he added for advanced ranks and found his own art.

That is what Porter is grandmaster and how the style came about.

The throwing and ground game are obviously influenced by Judo, but also traditional jujitsu stuff with wristlocks, etc etc. The striking starts with basic jujitsu strikes in the lower ranks. At advanced ranks it starts switching from fine motor skill striking to gross motor skill strikes that come directly from WWII military style close quarters combat. Axe hands, face smashes, chin jabs andrepeated striking. I am having a brain cramp and can't think of the term right now. But generally if we're throwing axe hands, we're throwing several. At this point in my training, virtually all my striking in the jujitsu is CQC. In the class that I help teach, we practice more boxing than anything for stand up, with low kicks, knees and elbows added.

We have taken what we learned in our jujitsu class, which is strictly self defense and started our own class which is overseen by sensei Carey that is geared more towards competition.

I hope that answers everything. I'll check back if it doesn't. I'm supposed to be working right now, heh...

Edit: I forgot one. I put death metal to the compilation because I am in a death metal band (That is why the hosting site is Hatredalive.com) and the band playing the music in the video are friends of mine... I think they're killer and I am not even m uch of a death metal fan.
    Last edited by Darkslide632; 7/14/2006 3:18pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/14/2006 3:14pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullhoggrande
    http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=400077

I'll accept your apology after you read it in it's entirety......just read it. You'll see.
    **** you ***** and your fucking apology. You a fucking ass clown. For a guy with all that experiance you sure talk out the side of you head. You're 36 years old and you don't think JJJ has any validity? Jeez, how little you know.
    Last edited by Omega; 7/14/2006 3:17pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/14/2006 3:19pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    **** you ***** and your fucking apology. You a fucking ass clown. For a guy with all that experiance you sure talk out the side of you head. You're 36 years old and you don't think JJJ has any validity? Jeez, how little you know.
    PS.....Let us know how your fight went.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    7/14/2006 3:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why do people score fight compilations with death metal??
    I don't know. My question is, why did BullHogGrande post the link back to the Sherdog thread? Did he think he doesn't look like a blithering idiot to people who read that?

Before you bother saying it, BHG, I'm sure you could kick my ass. Whoop de doo for you. In a year or two I'll be able to fight. Will you be able to track with a conversation and make sense? Only the Shadow knows for sure.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2006 3:46pm

Style: BJJ and MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From the looks of your clip your style looks pretty good to me, a good focus on both standing and grappling.

BTW,

Doesn't "American Jiujitsu", the style that Phrost and Scrapper practice, come from Japanese Jujutsu?

edit: i was going to post the "Jujutsu Bytom (Full Contact Jujutsu)" on this thread but i couldn't find it on youtube.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/14/2006 4:22pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2006 6:07pm

Style: Ju-jitsu, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That second video is real close to the stuff we practice in the competitive class I help teach, though we are a lot more grounded. Meaning you'd not see any of us trying to kick that high. And if I ever dropped my hands as low as those guys did a few times, someone would punch my teeth out the back of my head, 16oz gloves or not.

To be fair, the last video looks like some of the stuff you'd see in our non competitive class. Just self defense stuff, though will the CQC style striking and whatnot.

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    7/15/2006 9:39am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If the JJJ I tained in looked anything like the first two vids, I'd still be doing it.

The club I trained at was an 'open' club based at a municipal sports centre, and had to cater for anyone that turned up. It was basically RBSD with a Japanese flavour.

Damn you, municipally subsidised hybrid training!!!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast