Page 4 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. #31
    jnp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,343
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robot Jesus
    Iíve seen many people show up for a thread or two, and then leave. While most of the time itís because they are retards, but some of them leave because they donít ďgetĒ bullshido. One example of this is the perception that we believe BJJ to be an unbeatable combat system.

    If we were to create an ideology FAQ to clear up certain misconceptions about bullshido we may be able to reduce the attrition rate of newbieís significantly.

    With your permission I wish to ask MAP what is wrong with us. The most rational responses would be useful as a comprehensive list of misunderstandings.


    That aside does anyone elses have any ideas along these lines?
    This thread is a bad idea because Bullshido is already perfect *cough*.

    How can you improve on perfection? Go ask a bunch of LARPing pretenders you say? What a great idea!

    Shut your piehole RJ. Don't be a syphilus infected cum bubble on the tip of BS' dick.
    Shut the hell up and train.

  2. #32
    sochin101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Lincolnshire, England
    Posts
    6,887
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neildo
    This is an awesome insult.
    I believe it's also the name of a "special interest" website. I can't be sure. I've never visited it. Ahem.

  3. #33
    sochin101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Lincolnshire, England
    Posts
    6,887
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robot Jesus
    Iíve seen many people show up for a thread or two, and then leave. While most of the time itís because they are retards, but some of them leave because they donít ďgetĒ bullshido. One example of this is the perception that we believe BJJ to be an unbeatable combat system.

    If we were to create an ideology FAQ to clear up certain misconceptions about bullshido we may be able to reduce the attrition rate of newbieís significantly.

    With your permission I wish to ask MAP what is wrong with us. The most rational responses would be useful as a comprehensive list of misunderstandings.

    That aside does anyone elses have any ideas along these lines?
    Hi... I'm a forum noob, so I kinda get your meaning, but, respectfully... I have to say the ideology is pretty straight-forward and evident. If someone doesn't read the stickies, or the faqs, they get told to. Often colourfully, and usually pretty amusingly. They seem to get the idea, or get the fudge out. It's like Darwin, dude. Not the place in Australia. Survival of the least retarded.
    The same happens in training, in the dojo, or wherever.

    Someone comes in here with an attitude, they get tested. I've seen it happen a few times in the very short space if time I've been here. If they back up their wild claims, they seem to be accepted. Reluctantly.
    Again, this also happens in the dojo, at training etc.

    I don't want a mod to hold my hand if I make a dick of myself. If I make a spurious claim that my art is better than whatever, I expect - nay, demand- someone take me to task.
    The same way that if I walked into a dojo and started correcting the instructor, I know I'll be sparring all night long, well, at least while I was still conscious.

    I don't want to speak for anyone else, but this place seems to work pretty well.

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    104
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never said I was offended by whats on the site, I said when it turns into pointless name caling, threads turn worthless.

  5. #35
    Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc. supporting member
    Ke?poFist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,919
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pl4zM4
    It is nice to feel loved.
    As long as you can feel it buddy...hey when the image of Bullshido is on the line....drastic measures you know.... :evil4:

  6. #36
    Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc. supporting member
    Ke?poFist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,919
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    This thread is a bad idea because Bullshido is already perfect *cough*.

    How can you improve on perfection? Go ask a bunch of LARPing pretenders you say? What a great idea!

    Shut your piehole RJ. Don't be a syphilus infected cum bubble on the tip of BS' dick.
    In his defense, he wasn't arguing to change anything about bullshido...just put up a FAQ stickie to answer newbie misconceptions that may not be so evident right off the bat.

  7. #37
    Don Gwinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Virden, IL
    Posts
    3,564
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I moderate at two forums which don't allow personal attacks, flaming, trolling or profanity.

    It's certainly a different setup here. You might notice if you read my posts that I don't use a whole lot of profanity here, nor do I spend a lot of time flaming. I'm hear to learn. It can be done. But you need to be able to accept reality.

    The reality is that whatever TKD was in 1970, it's generally pretty useless in a fight now. And BJJ has its flaws, as does boxing, as does Judo, as does Muay Thai, as does freestyle wrestling . . . . BUT people can step into a few-to-no-rules environment with those styles and come out on top.

    I studied TKD for a few short months, and I protested all the while that I wasn't going to be one of those MMA wannabes--I was going to master an art and then add to it as needed. Well, that works, but if the art you master doesn't work for your purposes, you're screwed.

    It just isn't real to say that BJJ=TKD=Muay Thai=Shotokan=Folkstyle=Kung Fu. It's a denial of reality. Take a perfect clone of me when I had a few months' training in TKD and put him against me now, with a couple of weeks of BJJ, and I could take him without much trouble. I'm getting owned--controlled and submitted--by people half my size with a month or two of experience right now.
    There were two guys at the TKD dojang who I really believed could probably take me in a fight, and each had years of training--both in "real" kickboxing, full contact. I did not believe that anybody there could take me with TKD. Hell, the instructor told us as much. Whenever the fast young black belts got a little too froggy, he'd warn them that much more and he could arrange for them to spar some Miletich students through Matt Hughes.
    That always shut them down with sheepish grins.
    *********************************************

  8. #38
    Mr. Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,309
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You guys seem to have scared all the Aikido people away.

    Kempo Fist who else does Kempo on bullshido?
    カンフー

  9. #39
    jnp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,343
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KempoFist
    In his defense, he wasn't arguing to change anything about bullshido...just put up a FAQ stickie to answer newbie misconceptions that may not be so evident right off the bat.
    Ahem:
    A FAQ stickie some guy named KempoFist started to help the hapless newbs.

    Another FAQ stickie for newbs in Strikestan.

    And, of course, MrMcFu's definitive newbie FAQ stickie that is conveniently located in Newbietown.

    Also, considering how much Bullies love MAP, do you really think this thread would be regarded as anything other than a trainwreck? I like RJ and was just razzing him, BS style. He's free to tell me to STFU. That's what makes this the best MA forum on the net.
    Shut the hell up and train.

  10. #40
    Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc. supporting member
    Ke?poFist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,919
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ahh I see...

    Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    Ahem:
    A FAQ stickie some guy named KempoFist started to help the hapless newbs.
    Who is this guy? He sounds like a *****.

Page 4 of 5 First 12345 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO