Thread: Hey

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hey

Hey, Mazid here.
    I don't have a whole lot of martial arts experience. I studied Goju Ryu for a couple years, and got fairly good at it. Other than that I've been biding my time and researching (aka too busy/broke to take a real class so I do what I can in my yard and learn what I can from internet sources).

Style
    Mixed Martial Arts
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome. What instructional videos are you using to learn?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At this point I've just been checking out free online content. A lot of the stuff I find (on yahoo videos, for example) is utter bullshit, but there have been a couple decent finds.

Lately I've been trying to pick up what I can from Wing Tsun vids, as well as trying to find resources (that I don't have to pay for) on using the 9 section chain whip.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What are you trying to get good at? Doing Martial Arts performances, or actual fighting?

Because for the first, yeah, you can learn stuff off the internet. But for the latter, you actually have to... fight people. Sparring/Rolling with fully resisting opponents (who preferably know what they're doing) is the only way to do this.

Style
    Kyokushin
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At a certain point, you have to decide what you really want. What's holding you back from training with an instructor? Odds are that if you want it badly enough, it's possible to find a way. You'll probably have to make sacrifices, but that life. You have to decide if you want it bad enough to pay the cost.

Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    your wing tsun is weak, lern2fight k