Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/31/2003 4:32pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't have access to that journal... maybe someone at a certain large uc school could get it...

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    5/31/2003 4:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry Omega...I thought it was you. I didn't look carefully enough.

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Posted On:
    5/31/2003 4:47pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fellas...sorry to have to point this out, but an experiment isn't going to produce the same results as an actual fight. If you have already reached an anaerobic state, for example, it's going to take a lot less time to get knocked oout.

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Posted On:
    5/31/2003 4:55pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are other ways of getting people into an anaerobic state...

Posted On:
    5/31/2003 4:58pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But anyway, if the 10-20sec figure is incorrect, it should be corrected. This kind of stuff has big implications for law enforcement, etc.

Posted On:
    5/31/2003 5:00pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe the social scientist should stop being fancy, and instead of "anaerobic state" how about I just say "fucking exhausted"?

Posted On:
    5/31/2003 5:03pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Make them run a mile carrying 20 lb dumbells, then choke them out. All for the sake of science

Posted On:
    5/31/2003 5:08pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Grappling for two minutes will make a big difference.

AKAKTK

Posted On:
    5/31/2003 8:06pm

Style: Liu Seong Gung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Naked Choke. I don't know about 1 or 2 (ichi, ni) but I assume your're talking about the difference between a forearm strangle across the front of the throat and a carotid choke with the elbow as the point of a triangle beneath the opponent's chin."

yes.

"I suppose, yeah, toward the wrist is good, but the way I was seeing it in my head, that would mean turning first into his forearm and getting past that to get to the wrist. If your chin is at 12 o'clock then obviously towards the wrist is better."

the main point is the control/impairment of the attacker's wrist. the wrist is the weakest joint and is in the long lever position. it is relatively easy to drag it down and block the choke.

the best way to wrist drag is with the same hand as your opponent. if his choke is coming over your right shoulder and will be 'sealed' over your left shoulder, use your right hand to drag his wrist. this method has a far better leverage capability than using the left hand vs. the right choke, because of working distance and shoulder girdle dynamics. of course you must pivot towards your opponent. this will create distance and put your shoulder into place to block his reaching. you can reverse from this position.

" I think about when someone goes for it while we're standing. "

Omar,i was thinking of newaza(ground fighting). i agree with the forward drop counter vs. the rear choke. i would personally prefer to use drop-seoinage, down to one or even both knees(seiza-seoi-nage...). this helps to protect against norimi(reversal). the quick drop in the center of gravity will deprive the attacker of the time he needs to reverse the throw.

"What I meant to say is when a person's body starts to go limp."

i fail to see the distinction between being unconcious from a choke, and being INCAPACITATED and then VERY SHORTLY thereafter being unconcious, from a choke.

if the choke is not set, it wont work. once it is set and pressure applied, 3 seconds is more than enough time for it to take EFFECT.

peace.

" a cow doesnt whinny, and a horse has no udder, back is to the sides, and sideways is straight ahead"

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    5/31/2003 8:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thanks for the translations ion parenthesis since I have never trained in anything Japanese outside of an introductory Judo class in college.

BAH ! Puny Humans !
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 LastLast