• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/29/2003 12:18am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Once they are unconscious, you have to hold the choke for awhile to make sure they are dead. If you get excited and let go a few seconds after they pass out, they will invaribly regain consciousness.

You can't make a man by standing a sheep on its hindlegs but if you get a group of men together you can create a herd of sheep.

Edited by - WTDude on May 29 2003 00:19:54

The REAL thread killer

Posted On:
    5/29/2003 12:20am

Style: World 10-3 Ryu Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unchokeable is a dumb term. If a blood choke is cinched in your opponent is going to black out. Period. Some people are skilled enough and are built to resist bar chokes so I guess they are "unchokeable". But good technique expressed in your chokeholds can overcome anyones natrual or trained defenses.

Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!
    "The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time."

-- George Bernard Shaw

Welterweight

Posted On:
    5/29/2003 12:24am

supporting member
     Style: kyoku-shin, boun-shin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm surprised two of you have come up with "unchokeable" guys as examples. I really wouldn't have thought it was possible.

Re: the choke I saw last week, after reading the comments here I've started to wonder if maybe the pressure was more across the front of the throat than on the sides (Omar said it's hard to get both arteries blocked). But a lot of the other possible factors people have suggested don't seem to apply in the case I saw.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/29/2003 12:30am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, I pre qualified my answer and named a specific choke. As far as I'm concerned there's no such thing as a non chokable person. Some people are just really good at defending against the rear naked. For example I haven't been choked out by a rear naked in about 6 years, and I've gone against some BJJ blackbelts.

Of course they arm barred me, triangle choked, and Omapolatta'ed me to death, but not a rear naked.

Go away I'm talking to myself

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2003 7:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omega, it takes minutes once somebody has passed out to kill them. Most people tap out after a few seconds but I doubt anybody would lose consciousness that fast, I wouldn't. I tend to try and resist chokes as long as possible just in case I can break them.
  6. 9chambers

Posted On:
    5/30/2003 3:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is hard to choke some guys. Strength isn't where it's at, its those wirey guys that get out of everything. Sweating helps too. I think being hairy even helps in grappling because it is harder to keep hold of a hairy guy's arm. Seriously, your grip is interupted.

If some people are unchokeable then most of them wouldn't don't even know it .. everyone taps out too fast once they are in the lock because they don't want to look stupid all knocked out and drooling on themselves.

Badness will not be rewarded

Posted On:
    5/30/2003 3:46am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is a rather skilled BJJ girl at our gym- I managed to get her back and start to sink in a rear naked choke. I was paying attention to sinking it in, and she manueavered(sp) my legs so my ankles were crossed, then slapped one of her legs over my upper ankle. Meanwhile my lower ankle was resting on her other leg. Then she fucking cracked that **** by applying pressure with her leg and arching her back- I loosened my choke and tapped like an eplileptic.

Sifu Emin - Did you see that?
    Me - (gasping) No, but I can't breathe yet.

Edited by - mrmcfu on May 30 2003 03:48:55

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/30/2003 1:59pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omega, it takes minutes once somebody has passed out to kill them. Most people tap out after a few seconds but I doubt anybody would lose consciousness that fast, I wouldn't. I tend to try and resist chokes as long as possible just in case I can break them.
    <<<<Let me put on my civil hat for a second>>>

An actual study that I was part of showed that a person will pass out under 3 seconds. According to actual medical research brain damage and death can happen if blood stops flowing to the brain for more than 8 seconds. Since that's what a choke does then where do you get your facts? Simply put you're coming on the premise that a person's resisting. If you lock the choke in pass out happens much sooner especially if they don't know how to fight it.

<<<<putting Omega hat back on>>>>>
    You fucking idiot.

Go away I'm talking to myself

Badness will not be rewarded

Posted On:
    5/30/2003 3:56pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    She did it for me. It hurt bad enough that I never will let that happen again.

Sifu Emin - Did you see that?
    Me - (gasping) No, but I can't breathe yet.

AKAKTK

Posted On:
    5/30/2003 6:56pm

Style: Liu Seong Gung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "An actual study that I was part of showed that a person will pass out under 3 seconds."

once the choke is set and pressure applied, it could take even less time.

omega, i have read advice thats says 15 seconds for arm choking methods, and 35 seconds! for a sankaku/triangle leg choke.

both arteries need to be sealed to produce unconciousness. drag the wrist, turn the chin towards his wrist, other hand uses palm to lift his elbow. you need to pivot towards him.

even fingers thrust into the choke to reduce the compression can buy time.

try breathing through the nose into 'the back of your throat' when being attacked by a choke.(abdominal breathing).

nobody is unchokable. a choke however must be properly set to be effective. chin tucks,wrist drags and elbow lifts can all block the positioning.

"If you get you head turned in towards the elbow and tuck your chin, it's really hard to get BOTH arteries"

you would be setting yourself further into the lock. as well that position can be used to break the neck. turning to the wrist is much safer imo.

peace.

" a cow doesnt whinny, and a horse has no udder, back is to the sides, and sideways is straight ahead"
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast