Sponsored Links Spacer Image

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    11/24/2007 7:44am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wore knives to my wedding. I wear knives just about everywhere I go.

I also enjoy laughing at people who try to cut packing tape with car keys.

Posted On:
    11/24/2007 7:50am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wu Ying Tao

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    #1 - Thread necro. Go have yourself a nice, fiery death.

Mea culpa. Mike is my best friend and when I found this site via Googling him it seemed like he was being attacked. I had to defend him.

#2 - You wore a knife to your wedding?

Knives are standard accessories with a kilt.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/24/2007 8:29am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: artful dodging...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I just don't get it - why do rsbd guys always look so scared to death??
    He looks like a frightened chemistry teacher
    edited*
    Last edited by red bull; 11/24/2007 8:34am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/24/2007 8:30am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: artful dodging...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    awfuck man, am not gonna get into trouble for that am I??,I
    didn't say he was I just said he looked like one...

Posted On:
    11/24/2007 10:42am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Genetics, age, and life responsibilities leave us all less than we once were in some ways and more than we were in others. I am not what I was when I was fighting pro and my body won't allow me to get anywhere near that shape again. I still train but I weigh more than I would like and it takes me much longer to heal than it once did. You may not understand what I am talking about right now, but you probably will one day.

Posted On:
    11/24/2007 11:56am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't know this guy but looking at a few pictures says a lot to me. Why people try to look scary when they are carrying a weapon is beyond me, but to each his own.

I will say this. It is very difficult to find people who teach the knife well. The best I have seen are people who can teach it as part of their art like De Thours, Tuhon and Angiers. It should also help people appreciate when somoene goes into detail, coming from a tradition that has a proven record of using the blade, to make these techniques explicit.

I just feel like people don't otherwise get it. That photo with the gun and knife strikes me as being ridiculous, maybe I am missing something. The other photos as well. And to my ignoirant mind I cannot understand why people want to learn "folders" they should be the last bladed weapons one learns how to use.

Plastic knives are much more concealable and anything with a joint has an intherent weakness. Thank you Sensei Wigginton everyday I appreciate your efforts more and more.:XXknight:

Posted On:
    11/24/2007 12:21pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Look Mike up on Youtube. See what he has there and I think one will get a better appreciation for what he has to offer.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/24/2007 1:04pm

Style: Krav Maga/ Judo noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387
    Don't know this guy but looking at a few pictures says a lot to me. Why people try to look scary when they are carrying a weapon is beyond me, but to each his own.

I will say this. It is very difficult to find people who teach the knife well. The best I have seen are people who can teach it as part of their art like De Thours, Tuhon and Angiers. It should also help people appreciate when somoene goes into detail, coming from a tradition that has a proven record of using the blade, to make these techniques explicit.

I just feel like people don't otherwise get it. That photo with the gun and knife strikes me as being ridiculous, maybe I am missing something. The other photos as well. And to my ignoirant mind I cannot understand why people want to learn "folders" they should be the last bladed weapons one learns how to use.

Plastic knives are much more concealable and anything with a joint has an intherent weakness. Thank you Sensei Wigginton everyday I appreciate your efforts more and more.:XXknight:
    WHy let me think. Do you carry a knife with you all the time? I do and a few otheres here do as well. Most of us carry folders, so why would we train to fight with a fixed blade if the knife we are going to be useing is a folder? it's like training in Kickboxing for a judo match.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    11/24/2007 1:30pm

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387
    He's posing for a promo-picture. Dont read too much into it.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Posted On:
    11/24/2007 7:32pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mad_malk
    WHy let me think. Do you carry a knife with you all the time? I do and a few otheres here do as well. Most of us carry folders, so why would we train to fight with a fixed blade if the knife we are going to be useing is a folder? it's like training in Kickboxing for a judo match.
    When I carry I might carry a 5 inch one piece construction to keep legal. You don't need a folder for any particular reason other than inclination... preferance.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast