Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I only listen to the original Stold.
    I accept no imitations.

--------
    El Guapo says, ""You can buy muscles, but you can't buy COJONES!"
    --------
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    5/27/2003 10:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Type 1 diabetes

The incidence of type 1 diabetes in children younger than 15 years of age has been extensively reported, but few data, and none from Europe, are currently available on the incidence of type 1 diabetes in older age groups. In the Mediterranean and neighbouring areas the incidence rates of type 1 diabetes under the age of 15 years show wide variations. In Italy the incidence of type 1 diabetes in children aged 0-14 years is 6-11.7 (per 100,000 per year), while in Sardinia the incidence is 34.4, one of the highest in Europe (3). In general, the highest incidence is among subjects aged 10-14 years and the lowest in children aged 0-5 years for both genders. However an earlier incidence peak in children aged 5-9 years is a common feature of insular Italian areas, but not of Northern Italy (3). In France, Levy-Marchal showed that the annual diabetes incidence rates for 1988 and 1995 were 7.17 and 9.28 per 100,000, respectively; this study included 2 million subjects younger than 20 years of age (4). Similar results have been reported in Spain (8-10.9 per 100,000 per year), in Croatia and Slovenia (7.2 and 7.6 per 100,000 per year, respectively) (3). The incidence in the Mediterranean countries is different from the incidence in Northern Europe; indeed in Finland, Tuomilehto et al reported that for children younger than 14 years, the annual incidence rate in 2000 was 45 per 100,000 (5). In contrast with other European countries, the incidence of the disease in the Mediterranean area does not follow any geographical pattern.

Type 2 diabetes

Type 2 diabetes is the major component of the worldwide diabetes epidemic. King et al. (2) reported that the prevalence of diabetes in adults aged 20 years and over was 7.5% in 1995, 7.8% in 2000 and will be 10% in 2025 in Italy. Also in Spain the prevalence of diabetes will rise from 7.2% in 1995 to 9.5% in 2025. In contrast, the same authors reported that in France and in Croatia there will be only a moderate increase in the prevalence of diabetes in the adult population: from 2.1% in 1995 and 2000 to 2.6% in 2025 in France and from 4.4 to 5.1% in Croatia (2). In these countries, as in all developed world, the majority of people with diabetes is aged 65 years. This study was based on 5 year age and sex specific prevalence rates, from rural and urban areas of various countries. Inclusion criteria were: diagnosis of diabetes made according to the recommendations of WHO expert groups (plasma venous concentration of 11 mmol/L 2 h after a 75 g oral glucose challenge).

http://www.mgsd.net/uk/page5450.asp

HAHA! 0wned!!!!

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Posted On:
    5/27/2003 10:41pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay it's hardly conclusive...but...

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Posted On:
    5/27/2003 10:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bah, that is hardly everyone. I find it interesting how they can predict the diabetic percentage in 2025 when it's 2003! Amazing it is!(bullshit)
    Hell, these are the american statistics:

Age 20 years or older: 16.9 million. 8.6 percent of all people in this age group have diabetes.

Age 65 years or older: 7 million. 20.1 percent of all people in this age group have diabetes.

Men: 7.8 million. 8.3 percent of all men have diabetes.

Women: 9.1 million. 8.9 percent of all women have diabetes.

Posted On:
    5/27/2003 10:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alright, now typing is really getting tough, we shall continue this tomorrow

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    5/27/2003 10:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And herein lies the rub. ****.

I always thought that, once I got out on my own, I'd be able to eat well. I love chicken. I love fruit. I love green vegetable. I trim the fat off my red meat and always mop up visible grease. I can survive eating sweets once a month or less. All my favorite snack foods are low-fat.

THEN comes Wastrel, swaggering about in his fancy-ass new hat, shaking his finger and saying "So you like your carbs, do you? Yeah Aaron, you can have ALLLLL the carbs you want. Just...don't get carried away once you contract diabetes! MUA HAW HAW HAW HAW".

I hate you, Wastrel. I want my blood AND my bosom back.

Always go swimming with a buddy
    Work real hard and always study
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    5/27/2003 10:51pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Phrost:
    You really have to think how people ate 30,000 years ago, and ask yourself if our digestive system has involved at all since then.

The answer, I'm pretty sure is no.
    I totally agree.
    Based on what you've posted before, I take it you believe ancient man used creatine, glutamine and meal replacement shakes in order for him to successfully hunt down those woolly mammoths. :)

--------
    El Guapo says, ""You can buy muscles, but you can't buy COJONES!"
    --------
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Posted On:
    5/27/2003 10:55pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stold3,
    I was just kidding man. I just thought it was funny to dig up that article. You have to admit that whipping Italy out of your back pocket was pretty silly too.

Boyd,
    I'm sorry? Um...you eat pasta don't you?

Posted On:
    5/27/2003 10:59pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, like I said above, it's just a rule of thumb to keep things simple, and if you've got the resources to pursue a diet that's better geared toward your goals, using the latest information and research, even better.

Adding extra Creatine, a substance found in meat, to your diet is just a simpler form of... eating more meat.

The moment primitive man had the luxury of worrying about the quality of his diet as it was reflected in his physique, he was probably well beyond the need to worry about where his next food source would be, and consequently, no longer primative.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2003 11:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Getting back to the topic at hand, I found a book that seems pretty good; "The complete book of abs" by Kurt Brungardt (1995).

It's got some sections on nutrition, training, and lifestyle, as well as several dozen different types of ab exercises, grouped according to muscles used, difficulty, and risk of back injury (ranging from waaaay too easy to some you simply can't do without a fair bit of training before hand). They also have some good routines, as well as routines followed by some pro-sports teams (at the time anyways). Each exercise has pictures, and an explantion of how to do it right.

A couple years ago I worked through one of the programs, and had very good success... was doing and seeing things I had never seen before. As mentioned numerous times here already, burning extra body fat is essential to getting a six-pick. I was also surprised at how few repetitions are needed when you do the right exercises with the proper technique; I don't think any of the routines have you doing more than 45-60 reps... most working up to the 20-25 range. If you're doing several hundred reps, I'd seriously be thinking:

a) how hard can this exercise be/how much good does each rep do?
    and
    b) Wouldn't it make more sense to find a more difficult exercise or somehow increase the resistance on this one rather than spending 45 minutes doing an exercise with little/no effort required? That's more like doing cardio - and there are a lot of better ways of doing that. I mean if we were benching a weight that allowed us 200 reps, wouldn't it be time to increase the weight?

I'd take a look at this book; it was the first and only one I've ever bought.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 91011 LastLast