Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Decafinated white belt.

Posted On:
    5/27/2003 7:09pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    use resistance to do crunches, and lose fat.

<Me> John, what do you know about Zen Buddhism? <John> *smacks me*
    <John> I'd have to smack you sometime...
    Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."

Posted On:
    5/27/2003 7:13pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what Wastrel said
    but sit ups have uses but are limited

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    5/27/2003 7:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No reason to do sit-ups.

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/27/2003 8:23pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Has anyone mentioned Sex yet?

==================
    "When we go to the ground, you are in my world. The ground is the ocean, I am the shark, and most people don't even know how to swim." RCJ Machado
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Posted On:
    5/27/2003 8:31pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The first thing you need to do to achieve tone is to burn fat. In order to do that effectively, you need to reach a state of what I believe is called Ketosis.

This is done by lowering your caloric intake to the point where exercise starts to burn fat.

You CANNOT, and I must stress again, CANNOT get a six pack without eating a proper diet, unless you're one of the crack-babies with the metabolism of a garbage disposal, or a teenager.

In order to do this, you need to focus on regulating your insulin output. Insulin tells your body to store a portion of the food you eat as fat. It's a survival mechanism that goes back to the days when people only ate every few days or so. Meaning, if you eat few, large meals, you'll be storing a lot of fat because you put your body into survival mode.

On the other hand, if you eat several small, spaced out meals, your body will never be hungry, and you'll never trigger the insulin to force the fat storage.

This takes a LOT of effort and commitment, but once you get in the swing of it, it will fit into your lifestyle pretty well. Not only will this keep you lean, but a lean body is a healthy body and you'll be much less disease prone. Heck, until pretty recently I ate like crap. If I can get into this, anyone can.

As far as the actual training part (which really comes after you've gotten a handle on the stuff above), I think it's been covered pretty well.

I hate running. I fucking HATE it. 7 years of it, 5 days a week, on pavement almost destroyed my knees.

There are alternatives. I like Eliptical machines. And if you really feel like running, I'd suggest running Fartlek style, alternating jogging with full out sprinting. It will condition you better for a fight than a slow, long jog ever will.

But truthfully, the best conditioning for grappling is grappling. Do it as often as you can, get plenty of rest (8 hrs a night or more), and toss in some good strength training, and you'll be on track.

Posted On:
    5/27/2003 8:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By the way, what do you guys think about a physical training section?

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/27/2003 8:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm all for it Phrost.

To show how much....

Anthony's handy dandy gut excercises. This was part of a pamphlet given to me by my Seal recruiters before I joined the Navy, to do for the months I was waiting to go to NRD Orlando.

Excercises used:
    1. Leg Lifts
    2. Crunches

Tempo: Must use the counts One thousand, two thousand, three thousand... All positive movements are 2 seconds, all negatives 1 second.

For instances, if you do leg lifts...
    Legs going up is a 2 count, coming down 1 count.

The excercises
    Leg lifts: Hands must be under butt, head is off the ground looking towards your feet.
    Beginning position is 6 inches off the ground, up position is 12 to 14 inches off the ground.

Crunches: Arms can be on your chest crossed, on your head by your ears, or as The Wastrel said earlier, extended (this really hurts).

Now, the drill...

Do 30 Leg Lifts
    Rest 30 seconds
    Do 30 Crunches
    Rest 1 minute
    Do 40 Leg Lifts
    Rest 30 seconds
    Do 40 Crunches
    Rest 30 seconds

If your gut is not burning after that, then increase the numbers, till you can do 200 of each easily.

I really doubt it. Prove me wrong studboys and studettes!

==================
    "When we go to the ground, you are in my world. The ground is the ocean, I am the shark, and most people don't even know how to swim." RCJ Machado
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/27/2003 8:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Btw, when you can do 200 easy, we go to the next program.

I am so amped about writing it all down, I'm gonna get on track myself!

==================

Posted On:
    5/27/2003 8:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    K, I'll have to set one up, as soon as I get up the 1 year anniversary stuff and the final Bullshido Award announcements.

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    5/27/2003 9:13pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go to most bodbuilding forums and you can go on about metabolic rates, insulin, survival mode, fat storage, bla bla bla, bla bla bla

Once again people, eating is not difficult.
    Cut out saturated fat and cut out refined sugar.

Stick to this:
    if something does not look the way it does when it was taken out of the ground/sea (or off the tree), it is not worth your time to eat it.
    (steak, beef, etc may not look like cow - you know what I mean - don't be a smart ass :) )

It is good to be in the habit of eating many small meals a day. This can help. It is not imperative. You can eat 3 healthy larger meals a day and as long as you are following the above rules, it WILL make a massive difference to the way you look.

--------
    El Guapo says, ""You can buy muscles, but you can't buy COJONES!"
    --------
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast