Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2003 4:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im not too bothered about six packs etc. I just dont want my stomach to be so flabby. Haha...

what are crunches?! explain to me!

Posted On:
    5/27/2003 4:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only thing I never tried was the medicine balls. I was doing flutter kicks, twisting bicyles and the likes for at least an hour a day, I wanted a 6 pack bad. But I never got one until I started doing the inverted crap.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2003 4:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I could do about 2.5km, which works out at 30 laps, about, when I last started running. I did that every morning, I didnt keep it up for long though

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    5/27/2003 4:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, if you can't handle 45, that's fine. As long as you're going +25 minutes.

Sanovarak,
    Seriously, just look up "crunches" on yahoo or something. They're very basic.

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2003 4:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it doesnt say anything, Ive tried. Just explain.

And whats all this "inverted" stuff?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2003 4:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    3 miles would come out to be 5 km, inverted stuff helps with ur lower abs, uh, somebody else whos better at describing mind explaining? crunches are simply u lift u shoulders off the ground and u dont have to touch ur knees in a situp position

Posted On:
    5/27/2003 4:18pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.global-fitness.com/exercises/exercise101.html?GHF_Session=2909e8f57feea697a4966 b0d1100a42d

http://exercise.about.com/library/Core/bl_crunch.htm

Just don't support the head with your hands. Cross your arms on your chest, or do the Arm-Out that I described.

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Posted On:
    5/27/2003 4:21pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By the way:

I WIN!! I WIN!! I WIN!!!!

And my girlfriend is embarassed for me now.

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    5/27/2003 5:38pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wastrel and Dochter are right.

Some other things you can try:
    You don't need to do long running sessions to lose fat and get fitter.

You can try Interval training for 20 minutes, 3 times a week. Take a watch with you. Walk for a minute, jog for a minute, sprint for a minute, then repeat. Do for 20 minutes.

This will get you fitter. Your heart rate will stay slightly elevated for a far longer period after you stop than walking/jogging for much longer distances/times.

Fitballs/swissballs are great for ab work outs.
    Simply lay across it. Contract your abs and breathe out as you go up - slowly, 3 seconds up. Hold at the top for 2-3 seconds while squeezing.
    Slowly lower yourself down for 3 seconds.

Most people don't have the patience to work their abs properly so try and make up for it by adding weight and doing half assed fast reps.

--------
    El Guapo says, ""You can buy muscles, but you can't buy COJONES!"
    --------
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Posted On:
    5/27/2003 6:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I HEAR CRACK MAKES YOU LOSE WEIGHT REAL GOOD

and I like to keep my ab reps around 15.
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast