Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    5/27/2003 3:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SIT-UPS ARE GARBAGE!! WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT?! Have you ever even heard of a medicine ball?! Don't make me continue with the doubled punctuation!!

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2003 3:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    explain all these terms!

What I want is not to have a stomach of flab. its not terribly bad, I just dont like it.

Im in reasonably good shape, I do the occasional 15 / 20 mile walk without dying at the end, I keep up with the rest of my class in school sports (track and field)

but as above, I need to get rid of it!
    so any help (with terms explained) is very very much appreciated.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2003 3:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow, cool kid, um, well the situps r good, just do a set of reverse situps with ur knees in the air that come up towards u when u do situps for ur lower abs, and then a few sets of twisting ones for ur side abs, doing situps on ur side also helps give u definition, and i suggest backbends to strength ur back too as an entire midsection exercise, running (both distance and sprints) are excellent conditioning exercises, 3 times a week distance (keep ur heartrate up for 20 mins) is good for aerobic endurance, and then 3 times sprinting a week is good for ur anaerobic endurance, mix it up and u'll be awesome at martial arts

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2003 3:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hehe, as for tone, just do alot of it, tyson's pretty flabby but he still got a 6 pack, i think he said he did 2500 situps a day or something...situps has its limitations, but i wouldnt call it garbage...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2003 3:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what sort of distances am I wanting to be doing?
    I used to do some running, but my area is pretty damn scary. I used to run around the football/basketball pitch round the back of my house, we figured 12 laps = about 1 km.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2003 3:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok i am sure i am not the first to say this but you cant spot reduce. Meaning that you cant take like 4in off your stomach, you have to loose weight everywhere inorder to loose the weight on your stomach. A good rule of thumb is first on last off in weight reduction.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2003 3:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and yea wastrel seems to be good at this, so just ask him, keep in mind man that at 14 u dont have to go too crazy with training

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2003 3:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    " Ok i am sure i am not the first to say this but you cant spot reduce. Meaning that you cant take like 4in off your stomach, you have to loose weight everywhere inorder to loose the weight on your stomach. A good rule of thumb is first on last off in weight reduction."

shame, Im relatively happy with the rest of my body. Except for my thighs.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2003 3:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    distance- 2-3 miles is pretty good, u dont have to go beyond 3 unless u r training for sport specific stuff...its more important to keep ur heart rate up for 20 mins, but run a 30 min 3 mile three times a week should be ur goal after 2 or 3 months of training

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    5/27/2003 3:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, you want a flat, defined stomach, so RUN!! Don't listen to these jokers...;).

Here are the exercises:

Flutter Kicks: Lie flat on your back with your hands palms down and flat underneath your ass. Raise your head like you're looking at your feet, which you should raise approximately three inches from the ground. Now alternate raising and lowering each foot from its original position to about twelve inches off of the ground while holding your legs straight. Like walking with stiff legs. Very good for hip flexors, which are very important in MA.

Leg Lifts: Two types, from the same position as a flutter kick, raise your straight legs together as one up to about a 60 degree angle from the ground. If you go further than that, you're cheating. The other type is to hang from a pull up bar and pull your legs up either straight up beneath you while bending your knees, or straight out in front of you. Don't expect to do many of these.

Get a medicine ball and sit like you're about to complete a sit-up, a 60 degree angle from the ground. Holding the medicine ball out in front of you, do strong, slow rotations from side to side.

And instead of sit-ups, do crunches. That should do you fine for now.

Arm-Out Crunch: I invented these for myself, but I'm sure someone else does them. Get into crunch position and extend your arms straight above your head, parallel to your body. Holding your arms as though they were of one piece with your torso, perform a crunch. These are hard. You won't be able to do anywhere near as many of these as regular crunches or sit-ups.

When I was in the army, my abdominal strength was so great that I couldn't get a good ab workout from conventional exercises without HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of repetitions. So I had to come up with new stuff. Flutter kicks were not useful to me really at the end, but they are for a beginner.

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast