Page 1 of 11 12345 ... Last

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    curious as to how best to "tone up" a stomach.

As I am in desperate need of such

I'm too young to get into gyms, without lying about my age, we have here at my house a rowing machine, pull up bar, and floor space.

Recomendations please

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sit ups.

~
    danny

"All this talk about 'newbies' is making me a little nervous. You guys don't have any sort of secret hazing initiation involving wooden paddles and me screaming 'Thank you sir, may I have another?!' do you?"

Such as thou art, sometime was I. supporting member
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Running. You said "tone", not strengthen.

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ehhh whats a good number to be doing (I'm in general doing 50 or so / morning)
    and how long is it likely to take?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    running...interesting idea. Again, what sort of results can be seen in what time?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeesh, crunches, situps, situps with twists, reverse situps, side situps, backbends, also running helps u tone up the stomach, start slow and work ur way up to 250 situps 3 times a week and 2 mile runs 3 times a week...how old r u anyways?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    14. but 6' 1 and 170 lbs.

I need to get myself in shape.
    just signed up to a jiu jitsu/brazillian jiu jitsu club, that does one or two classes of kickboxing pper week to keep up punching/kicking.

So I wanna do this alongside that

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Danny's right.

The only thing I can add to that, is I'd do twinsting situps (touching your elbows to the opposite knee) in addition to regular ones.

I don't know what kind of shape you're in, but at some point, I'd add weights to it as well.

Alex

------------------------
    I remain, Hapko3
    You say what about my rice?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have some little weights, only 5kg or something, although I cant decide if that is per side or altogether, just small plastic ones. But, I use them a litte.

Such as thou art, sometime was I. supporting member
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sit-ups are garbage. Past the pivot point, the load shifts away from your abs. Look, if you want a six-pack, you have to lose flab. Abdominal exercies will make your abdominal muscles stronger. Abdominals are a type of muscle that does not become larger, they become denser. If you want greater abdominal strength I recommend: Russian sailor sit-ups, flutter kicks, and arm-out crunches, but also leg lifts and v-ups, side press with a kettlebell, and many others. If you have questions about these, I can answer. I was in the Army for four years, and believe me, I know ALL ABOUT abdominal strength. Try doing flutter kicks for an hour...

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... Last