Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/23/2002 10:41am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Andy Kaufman, our resident NHB Intergender Champion suggested a possible link between the McDojo phenomenon and people with low self esteem in this article

Here's a snippet:

in general, martial arts attracts people with low self-esteem. the idea of being able to dispatch bullies and attackers through a special system of fighting techniques often lures those who feel inadequate about themselves. i am not implying that everyone who takes martial arts fits into this category. however, if you thought i was talking about you, you're probably right.
  2. 9chambers

Posted On:
    8/23/2002 9:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I started studying martial arts because ninjas looked like playing outside. They were climbing trees, playing hide and seek and playing war. It looked cool.

I would have gone into gymnastice but have you seen those fag looking leotards? The ones they wore back in the 80's were way worse.

I think wrestling needs to think about getting better outfits. Wearing a singlet is really embarrassing.

Wandering Daoist

Posted On:
    8/24/2002 12:47am

supporting member
     Style: Karate, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    9chambers, hell yes on the singlets. Even the name sounds gay, and whenever you take a picture, you have to cover up your wang (usually with the earguards, unless your school was so ghetto you didn't get any).

--------------------
    And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "The morning glory blooms for an hour. It differs not at heart from the giant pine, which lives for a thousand years."
  4. 9chambers

Posted On:
    8/24/2002 3:20am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol

exactly