Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/16/2010 10:55am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

wrong info alert!!!

There is some misunderstanding about projectiles in Sayoc on this thread... First Chris has said that in Sayoc you never throw without the intention of sticking the blade in them... Atenza guys do occasionally throw just to distract BUT... projectiles in this family of FMA, Kali are designed to give you distance.

The theory goes like this: because distance is a primary advantage, a projetile is a way to take a weapon with no distance and create distance.

here is an example from Atenza Kali: in one of their forms (templates) you back up and then cut in using the distance of a medium length blade... you are succesful because your length is greater than the feeder's length of the weapon, so naturally your cut arrives and his does not... NOW you can do the same form (evolve it) but instead of a medium length blade you move the same way and throw a small blade per each cut you would do with the medium blade.

Actually like a lot of stuff I have seen in the Sayoc, this makes a lot of sense... these guys put together good material and their pedogogy is solid. Distance is indeed a fundamental and primary advantage with weapons. and projectiles are indeed a way of fascimilating distance when necessary.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2010 7:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    An alternative view:

"Knife throwing can be largely discounted as a practical means of combat. There are few persons who can pick up a knife, throw it at a moving object at an unknown distance, and hit a vital spot. In the main, knife throwing is an art relegated to vaudeville and stage, because, to throw a knife properly, the exact distance from the thrower to the target must be known. Since the knife turns end over end as it travels through the air, the thrower must know the exact distance. He must be able to control the number of turns the knife makes, so that it will hit the target point first.
    There are, indeed, methods of knife throwing, at close ranges, without the blade turning end over end in the air; but considering the movement of the target, varying distances, heavy clothing, and the fact that if you miss you are without a weapon, knlfe throwing is not practical as a means of attack."

Col. Rex Applegate (1976), Kill or Get Killed.

Whilst carrying multiple blades may negate the last criticism, it seems that any good effect of using a projectile could be achieved with almost any object (glass, ashtray, hat etc.) as one cannot depend on damage being caused by a thrown knife.

Carrying multiple blades that have any kind of aerodynamic qualities is problematic from a legal perspective as well. It would be hard enough to explain away one such weapon; walking around like Danny Trejo in Desperado would cause most cops, prosecutors and juries to file you firmly under "dangerous psychopath who belongs in prison".

$0.02 spent. [/Rant].

Posted On:
    9/16/2010 11:51pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless View Post
    You're a fag now shut the **** up.
    Fag? Vid or it didn't happen!

(You don't still have that tape of us do you?)

Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    That's because the original date is 2006 and at that time it wasn't the wrong forum.
    Now I have to read the original post date to make intelligent/smartass/snobby replies on this site? This is just too much.

Thanks for the explanation. I guess i'm just too used to crappy posts in the wrong place. Now I know to check the date.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2010 9:07am

Style: Southeast Asian MA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did look at the date, that's why it's a resurrection, Omega the dickless!

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    9/17/2010 9:41am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ipponde View Post
    *popcorn*

But what he is saying is you resurrected with what was basically useless blathering.

Welcome to Bullshido!! I suggesting you relax and not take the butt-raping you may receive personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/17/2010 9:44am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ipponde View Post
    Go read the rules of MABS again.

DuckofDeath Take a break from trolling MABS. Next one will be longer. That's what she said.
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/banlist.php
    That's what happened to the last person who screwed around in MABS.

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    9/17/2010 9:48am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Go read the rules of MABS again.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/banlist.php
    That's what happened to the last person who screwed around in MABS.

Good thing this is YMAS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12