Page 2 of 20 First 12345612 ... Last
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,952
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendetta
    All the brothers in OakTown i know LOVE MMA.

    Where are you training?
    Presently at King's Boxing gym. I don't have to explain Basketballs appeal, i didn't post about Basketball, I posted aobut the MMA/UFC and it's predominantly white fan base- look who picked it up- SPike TV- which is the young white guy channel. As am matter of fact- don't they show alot of Nascar on spike, out of all the sports?

  2. #12
    kungfujew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    the left coast
    Posts
    726
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's Nascar on Spike?
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." H.L. Mencken

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    129
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by new2bjj
    I don't have to explain Basketballs appeal
    You do if you want to support your argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by new2bjj
    it's predominantly white fan base
    As opposed to basketball's predominantly white fanbase? (Or for that matter hip hop music's predominantly white fan base. We could go on.)

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay area
    Posts
    2,681
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They do BJJ at King's?!??!?!???!??!?!?!?!?

    Have you checked out pacific ringsports?
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,952
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, basketball has a huge crossover fan base, and um, I think, more black people like hip hop- or are they listening to country? The white fan base is larger for traditional sports period, because there are more whites.

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,952
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendetta
    They do BJJ at King's?!??!?!???!??!?!?!?!?

    Have you checked out pacific ringsports?
    Sorry, I quit BJJ about a 6 months ago, so I should change my name to donewbjj. At my age, 46, and the arthiritis I have, I just couldn't keep getting submitted. I just train now, when I have the time.

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay area
    Posts
    2,681
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can dig it.

    Before you hang it up, consider moderncombatives in berkeley. They have a group of older/injured dudes who 'roll easy' (the Silverback club - goes with their monkey motif). Worth checking out if your liked the skills but not the pain.
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    129
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by new2bjj
    and um, I think, more black people like hip hop
    And, um, you're wrong. Here, I'll hold your hand through the arithmetic.

    1. A higher proportion of black people in america listen to hip hop than that of white people.
    2. But there is a much greater population of white people.

    Result: Most hip hop listeners are white, specifically white suburban teens. There, that wasn't so hard, was it.

    Quote Originally Posted by new2bjj
    The white fan base is larger for traditional sports period
    You mean traditional sports like boxing? You just mangled your own argument.

  9. #19
    It's all about the clinch. The clinch, I said. supporting member
    JP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,290
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    taken out cause it doesn't really contribute a fucking thing.....

  10. #20
    i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens! supporting member

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    herndon, va, usa
    Posts
    3,521
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    clearly, this thread needs more brazilians.

Page 2 of 20 First 12345612 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO