Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2006 1:20pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Introducing ex-instructors to aliveness

Here's my situation. I trained in a traditional jitsu style for about 2 years. This April, I started BJJ and trained in both for about 2 months. I started reading online about BJJ and found this site. Through this site, I found some Matt Thornton videos and realized how much I didn't want to spend time training in a style with aikido levels of compliance and almost no randori. Last week, I sent my traditional teachers an email saying I was going to concentrate on the BJJ, thanks for all they'd taught me without going into my problems with it.

Now the head instructor, who is a very open-minded fellow and loves teaching, would like to know why I quit and I'd like him to take a look at the aliveness concepts but am not sure what the best primer would be. So far, I'm thinking that 8 minute Thornton video ( http://youtube.com/watch?v=OplajPk-K...att%20thornton ) but if you guys know any better ones or have had this expierence before, I'd love your help.

Thanks

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/06/2006 1:38pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just added a couple articles that you may find useful:More coming soon.