Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/23/2002 10:37am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    (Carl's Junior, by the way for those of you not from the western half of the U.S. is the same thing as Hardee's out west.)

Djimbe found this article on how to actually create forms.
  2. 9chambers

Posted On:
    8/24/2002 5:57am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As a kid, when the others from my sparring club weren't available I used to choreograph fight sequences in my yard. Then I'd take the moves I came up with and try them out in sparring.

Someone had to put the kata together at some point - and they didn't even have Kung Fu movies to copy off of - but I think they also tested their findings in sparring .. I hope.

I think that it takes a really creative and smart person to go beyond the dojo and make up their own moves. But you can't expect every kid to do that - if they could then they wouldn't need you. Why are they paying you to go tell them to train at home?

>> To be bound by traditional martial art style or styles is the way of the mindless, enslaved martial artist, but to be inspired by the traditional martial art and to achieve further heights is the way of genius. - Bruce Lee