Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/03/2006 8:48pm

Style: jujitsu judo aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

? tactical flash light

it was suggested that i post this question here.
    What is the deal with the tacticle flash light thing. Please explain the techniques and ideology behind it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/03/2006 9:15pm

Style: Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Basically it works like this.

You have a flashlight. It illuminates things

Flashlight= wonder of modern man, YAY!

Then you have the maglight which you might be familiar with. It has a butt/handle that is about six inches longer than it needs to me, and is made of sturdy metal.
    So in a pinch, with a mag light you can beat the **** out of someone rather effectively. It makes a dandy billy club.

Maglight= the boomstick of flashlights, YAY!

But some people couldn't let that rest. So the tactical flashlight evolved, like the hellfire series has four metal spikes on the rim around the lens. So you can use it to crack glass without swinging like a club, and the spikes can also be used to be stab someone in the face rather painfully. Tactical flashlights have at times also included fold out blades, collapsable battons in their butts, whatever.
    Now this may sound practical. But realize, those spikes, four small metal spikes will cost you about an extra arm and a leg, and they are for breaking glass and faces.

Not that the above maglight can do the same thing. Just as well, and might cost twenty bucks at the Home Depot, and is a great thing to include in your "ass whuppin" kit.

While the hellfire tacticlol flashlight is just fucking rediculous. It just looks shiny and has all sorts of dangly bits so idiots are willing to fork over an extra few twenties.

Hellfire seen here:

Hellfire= the H2 of flashlights, booo.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/03/2006 9:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i don't know about you but i don't carry a flash light of any kind with me ever. What would be the practicallity of carrying that thing around with you. I would think that wold be just be asking for problems, i doubt that this "weapon" is easilly consealable.

BJJ Black Belt

Posted On:
    7/03/2006 9:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Rex Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, a bright flashlight is a handy thing to have whether you're talking ninja use or utility use. I own several hi-tech lights. www.candlepowerforums.com is info central for the latest light tech. LED's are the future of lighting tech.

Sure-Fire is the original "tactical flashlight". LEO's have been using them for years on their firearms. They're popular for private citizens too. This is a good thing as if you're carrying a firearm, you better be sure of your target.

The only "problem" with tactical lights is from their fanboys. Phat Phil is a prime example. Hypothetical MA'ers like him, many of them from the RBSD world, make them out as more effective than they are. A bright light has a dazzling effect, this is a no brainer. But they tend to overstate the effect like it will end a fight. It will NOT end a fight. They may get a persons attention and could with luck make them change their mind. But if the fight is on, a light won't change a thing.

The fanboys also like to preach about their effectiveness as pocket sticks. Yes, they are the exact size of kubotans and other pocket sticks. The problem again, is they overstate the effectiveness of pocket sticks too.

The main problem as I see it is tool fanboys. The gun, knife, light, gadget, and RBSD world is full of them. They don't understand that the latest hi-tech tool is no substitute for real skills. For the record, this is not a dig at gadget geeks, as I am one of them.

Phat Phil has even written a book on flashlight use. I haven't seen it as I refuse to buy anything from him. Him writing a book on ANY aspect fighting is like me writing a book on brain surgery.

Posted On:
    7/03/2006 9:46pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

This is all you need to know about Phil

Posted On:
    7/03/2006 10:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Best. Shop. Ever.

Goddamn, that's awesome. Nice one Sam.

BJJ Black Belt

Posted On:
    7/03/2006 10:26pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Classic!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/03/2006 10:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sorry guys picks don't do me any good. Can't see it. could i get a discription of that picture? you can send it via email if you don't want to ost it

email adress
    kodokandragon@yahoo.com

Posted On:
    7/03/2006 11:20pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unfortunately I didn't put it together.

It reads "Fleshlight Fighting: How to master your favorite toy, a take anywhere self defense weapon" by Phil Elsnore.

Its labled "A Parody" and "Not Actually written by Phil Elmore"

Basically Phil Elmore wrote a book called "Flashlight Fighting" and in the parody he's holding a sex toy called a "Fleshlight" and teaching people how to use it as a weapon.

BJJ Black Belt

Posted On:
    7/04/2006 12:18am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I should add to make it clear that I am speaking of small super bright flashlights (LED and usually lithium powered) like Sure-Fires. Great tools, just not an impact fighting tool.

I'm also a fan of the mentioned big Mag Lites. A 3D or 5C is a handy tool and damn good club. Bright and long lasting too, with an LED replacement bulb. There's even a (non Mag Lite) big club like one with pepper spray built in. Though I'm no LEO, it looks like a great tool for a cop. Or a civilian's car who can't or won't carry a fire arm.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast