Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/03/2006 4:22pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Seeking info: False BJJ black belt in Texas

As far as I know, this is not a current situation, but I wanted to gather information on this story if it is true. Sadly I cannot remember the name of person in question (I only heard it once or twice during training) so I'm hoping others know who I'm talking about.

A blue belt from Carlos Machado's school in Dallas, TX visited about two weeks ago. While talking with him, he told me a story about how he started training 5 years ago under someone who had promoted themself to black belt after watching videos (though they claiming to be under Joe Moreira). His instruction was of course terrible, but no one knew any better...

Until he foiled his own scheme by bringing his students to compete in a Carlos Machado tournament. In karate gis. And they got violently raped. This is when the guy I was talking to found out about the Machado school where he now trains.

Some other assorted points I heard:

- He lied directly to Carlos Machado about being a black belt. This was at the tournament, I think.
    - On his website, he claimed to be a Joe Moreira black belt until Joe forced him to take it down.
    - I think was in Roswell, TX.

Can anyone confirm or deny this story? Know who the false black belt was? Know what he's currently up to?

Ex-ninja

Posted On:
    7/03/2006 4:44pm

Style: Muso Shinden Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Roswell, TX is a ghost town, I think.

It's in my area, like 20 miles away. But I don't think they even show it on maps anymore.

I did some googling and turned up nothing. If he's still in my area I volunteer to drop by.
    --
    L.

Posted On:
    7/03/2006 8:52pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesopian
    - I think was in Roswell, TX.

?
    Does this mean he is an alien spy? Highly trainined in Grand Celestial Do perhaps?

Posted On:
    7/03/2006 9:17pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Roswell, TX =/= Roswell, NM

Posted On:
    7/03/2006 10:36pm

supporting memberhall of fame
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I went over to city-data.com and I did not find any cities in Texas called Roswell.

Aesop you could try emailing the Dallas BBJ School. Tell them your story and ask to get into contact with the Blue Belt. Link

Academy email: jiu-jitsu@sbcglobal.net
    Office Manager: eddie.ricardo@carlosmachado.net
    Phone: 972.934.1316
    Fax: 214.646.0303
    Address: 13881 Midway Road Suite 104 Farmers Branch, Tx 75244
    Last edited by Olorin; 7/03/2006 10:40pm at .

Posted On:
    6/05/2009 1:16am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

wow just saw this and had to post

hi guys i actually trained with this guy. this was in Brownsville, Tx and his name was Fred Zayas. Yes he did all that (except for the website stuff). he really sucked.

but the uttermost worst thing about this. is that he still has a handful of students. like 4 last time i heard. and after he told them that he was a liar they still wanted to train with him and get ranked under him. it is ridiculous. the guy still teaches out of his garage and walks around at the mall wearing a 2002 mundials t shirt that one of his former students bought for him online.

i had already trained judo and some form of bjj ( seminars mostly) so i knew that his class was bs but at the time i had no other choice but to roll at his school so i trained with him about 3 months and after the dallas tourny i left. i was the only one who won. i got 1st in the white belt division, but to be honest i owe that win to my previous training. cuz what he did was a joke, hour of cardio bjj and then 45 min doing a bjj kata ( i know it sound retarded but that is what it was ) and then every sat around the mat to watch a single match or two for the day. and that was class. but i have to hand it to him. he could not only lie but brainwash those guys when i would try to explain that he wasnt a black belt they would get pissed. now im an instructor and i wish i could have half the loyalty that he had. HAHA.
    if you all have any questions just let me know.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/05/2009 2:25am

Style: BJJ, MT, JJJ / Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by saku19 View Post
    ...what he did was a joke, hour of cardio bjj and then 45 min doing a bjj kata ( i know it sound retarded but that is what it was ) and then every sat around the mat to watch a single match or two for the day.
    what the **** is bjj kata?

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    6/05/2009 5:32am

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My god, useful and relevant thread necromancy. I'm impressed. This really never happens.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Posted On:
    6/05/2009 10:05am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    bjj kata.

you know when you do forms in karate. step 1,2,3, well that is what it was with him. to get to your blue belt which only took a few months. he would make you do this form. in sequence, from guard armbar, then triangle, then sweep, then mount then americana, all in sequence, and everyday you did the same sequence, because that is how he tested you. it wasnt that long of a sequence. but it was retarded because there was no set up or instruction on his part just do the sequence, and mostly the other white belts would be showing you this bjj kata. that is not what he called it he would just tell you to work on your techniques for blue belt so everyone would obey very well. but that is exactly what it was to me a form. no thought in how to do the techniques just do it.

Posted On:
    6/08/2009 3:01am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Was the kata done with or without a partner?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast