Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2003 6:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    to call some one sensei is not like calling them master, Sensei means one who has gone before, therefore they can help you on the path of learning, its when people use the word to get of on an ego trip that pisses me of, if people use foreign terminology they should no what it means, otherwise it is fluff!

TMMA specilist, marital arts 10th dan soke!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/26/2003 6:59pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    (stands)
    i am sensei

-----------------------------------------------------------
    "you think you're tough? try riding on the back of a moto in downtown Phnom Penh"---jzf

"i left my heart in laos, but my wallet in cambodia
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2003 7:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thanks for the response on the Sensei title but would like to hear your stand on Martial Arts being about fighting please :)

Posted On:
    5/26/2003 8:09pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    we agree.....hence the word martial existing....

but there are other benefits from it

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2003 9:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Something that seems to have been lost within the Martial Arts is what it is actually about. Martial Arts IS NOT about belts, enlightment, personal expression, or any of these types of things. Martial Arts is, in its raw pureness, about nothing more than fighting.

Martial Arts IS ABOUT fighting. How people can argue it any other way I do not understand. The reason most Martial Arts practitioners are so terrible at fighting is because they have gotten overly caught up in the "FLUFF" MA has taken on. Hopefully this makes sense to those of you out there who honestly train.

Mak, everything was going on fine until the last word...fighting.
    Martials Arst have its roots and still have quite a bit of application in the TRAINING FOR COMBAT. Go back in history and remember how the M.A. were created as methods of combats for the battlefield in quite a few different countries of this planet during different eras and of course different styles. There is where it lays its roots in the military application.
    while time passed by, M.A. evolved to a method of self-defense, a way to develop a better body and spirit( the "do" in the case of the japaneses),traditional sports as judo, sumo, etc., to the new era of new styles . Everything evolves, and everyone can choose its own path according to his taste. I prefer as recreation the trational way of the japaneses ( the bujutsu), specially Iai Jutsu, Ken Jutsu and Kyudo.
    I'm not arguing that this is better than that, just where this comes from, so eventually you can understand that M.A. is not about a "fight club".

"We're pawns in this game."

Edited by - RealWorldSpy on May 26 2003 22:37:31

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2003 9:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Didnt say it was about fight club...said it was about fighting or as you put it "combat"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2003 9:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Define,if you means by fighting the brawl, the personal challenge just for the sake to demonstrate who is the best, that is not the spirit of M.A.
    M.A. is a bout training for combat, for WAR!!!. That involves more complexities than the mere show of the best man. Is the life of your family, your friends, your countrymen.

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    5/26/2003 10:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    RealWorldSpy,
    Take this as a polite request: Please remove your animated gif. I am on a broadband connection and running a fairly muscular computer, and it's still causing recognizable slowdown.

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    5/26/2003 10:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not the forum pic. The moving car gif.

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2003 10:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Done

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast