Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 32 1 234511 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2003 3:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Something that seems to have been lost within the Martial Arts is what it is actually about. Martial Arts IS NOT about belts, enlightment, personal expression, or any of these types of things. Martial Arts is, in its raw pureness, about nothing more than fighting.

Martial Arts IS ABOUT fighting. How people can argue it any other way I do not understand. The reason most Martial Arts practitioners are so terrible at fighting is because they have gotten overly caught up in the "FLUFF" MA has taken on. Hopefully this makes sense to those of you out there who honestly train.
  2. DRD

Posted On:
    5/26/2003 3:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Absolutely about fighting and even taking a life if need be to survive to go home safe, but a true fighter can have honor when not in combat. Martial arts is not one dimensional at all, but certainly the primary aspect in my class is to survive at all costs up to and including the death of the adversary if all else fails.

Always attack with extreme aggression until safe, but then you have the possibility of backing down the aggression whereas you may not be able to crank it up if you start off too slow for the situation at hand.

DRD
  3. DRD

Posted On:
    5/26/2003 3:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am curious as to what makes you think that we don't get it anyway. In my class, to refer to another person as sensei would be considered fluff. I instruct to keep people safe, not to be called some silly title. Do you consider yourself part of the fluff you speak of?

Do you need a title that you may or may not have earned to validate yourself? Just wondering since to me you speak out of both sides of your mouth. Enlighten us.

DRD

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2003 3:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The title was given to me by my instrucor and is just used as a screename. I teach Okinawan Martial Arts and the terminology is a part of it. When I teach class the students call me Sensei if they like or they just call me Mak, doesnt make a difference either way to me. The term Sensei is not a supernatural term it is just like calling someone Mister almost.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    5/26/2003 4:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Something that seems to have been lost within the Martial Arts is what it is actually about. Martial Arts IS NOT about belts, enlightment, personal expression, or any of these types of things. Martial Arts is, in its raw pureness, about nothing more than fighting.

Martial Arts IS ABOUT fighting. How people can argue it any other way I do not understand. The reason most Martial Arts practitioners are so terrible at fighting is because they have gotten overly caught up in the "FLUFF" MA has taken on. Hopefully this makes sense to those of you out there who honestly train.
    Yes, this is the same type of affirmations we always hear used by TKD fanatics in their sad effort to convince the rest of the population that it's just not a sport, but a COMBAT art.
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

***ned

Posted On:
    5/26/2003 4:05pm

supporting member
     Style: i

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How about we make ANOTHER thread about a subject we've talked about ten bazillion times?

~
    danny

"All this talk about 'newbies' is making me a little nervous. You guys don't have any sort of secret hazing initiation involving wooden paddles and me screaming 'Thank you sir, may I have another?!' do you?"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2003 4:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Havent seen it ever talked about due to the fact that Im new to the site :-)

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/26/2003 4:07pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

yeah, what he said....wait a minute, that's what I've been saying...could this be an alternate persona? No I don't think so, I'll check with yesterday and find out.

Go away I'm talking to myself

Reading FD cause cancer

small hick city full with college students in Cali

Posted On:
    5/26/2003 4:29pm

Style: Muay Thai and boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey give Mak a break. I sent him the link when we were in chat room. So give him a few days to get adjust to this room before jump all over him (if necreassay).

"Most likely to get hit by a meteor shower: Ballonknot" By PizDoff

The closest fight you can do that will look like any movie is scene from Harrison Ford movies
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Posted On:
    5/26/2003 4:52pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    here come to polite friendly welcoming "STFU NOOBS!"

:)

uh yes i agree

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido
Page 1 of 32 1 234511 ... LastLast