Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 8:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by systemavin
    And the irony is? Oh you forgot the boxing style field? And you are???

Sorry Russian..............http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHTcSmFLtqk
    Just because you've trained in something legit doesn't mean it's ok to go ninjer. It's never ok to ninjer. Never.
    Straight punches make you go blind. More damage is done to a criminals nervous system when they are struck. Strikes that make you stronger. All this and more systema douchebaggery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eak-m2iwI7Q

NEW BONUS REEL, feat RobG at it again! lol:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJDnMDJVWmQ

Here's looking at you, squid.

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 9:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/18/2006 6:07am

Style: Systema/ninjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kiai_killer
    Just because you've trained in something legit doesn't mean it's ok to go ninjer. It's never ok to ninjer. Never.
    Fair comment, there was a local club nearby. I wanted to try something different, and they also did reality based self defence, bouncers trained there, and one of the instructors was a UK Kickboxing champion. The sparring was hard and realistic, gave me what I needed at the time. Some useful stuff, I take the piss out of the bujinkan as much as anyone else, and they do as well.

Respect

Vinny

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    11/18/2006 11:25am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go on what do I not get?
    This site is about calling people on their bullshit (MA). If you make some claim (e.g. systema is effective), then you must back up your claim. Prove it. Asking people here to just "accept" that systema is good and have "faith" that it is effective goes completely against the site's mission. Not to mention that fact that all one has to do is read about 2 threads to realize that any such appeal to blind acceptance will be met with disdain and ridicule.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    11/18/2006 1:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I said Systema, as I've observed, is effective, would you call me a liar?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/18/2006 7:02pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd like to help Systema practitioners gain their desired respect from the MA community. Therefore, here is a plan to help you guys.

First, drop the "We only train for the street" spiel and start competing in MMA events. Start with good local venues then work your way up to the bigger shows. It'd be great if you could get a Systemaist on The Ultimate Fighter-- seriously, I'd love to see Vlad on that show. You gotta do Systema stuff though, no fighting like conventional MMA fighters and just calling it Systema. Loopy open-hand strikes and plenty of psychic work please.

Then you really need to start showing videos that represent your prowess. No more vids of Vlad kicking guns/knives out of people's hands-- full speed sparring with your top guys. Enough decent guys have gone up and tussled with Vlad to say he can fight-- start showing those vids. Those god awful instructional vids of him catching punches under his chin and then ducking behind for a takedown aren't doing your cause much good.

If you could convert some influential MA's to Systema that'd be great. Just go to their schools for a friendly roll. Video please. You could even put this thread to bed if you could get Martin Wheeler over to Omega's test group to show how the Systema stuff works. BTW why didn't Martin want to participate in the experiment?

"Go take a class" is not a good comeback-- Did the Gracies tell everyone to come take a class or did they go out and fight?

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    11/18/2006 7:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How often do you do challenge matches, Bumfu?

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    11/19/2006 3:00am

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracky McSlugHoot
    If I said Systema, as I've observed, is effective, would you call me a liar?
    No, blind. :surprised
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    11/19/2006 3:08am

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BumFu
    I'd like to help Systema practitioners gain their desired respect from the MA community. Therefore, here is a plan to help you guys.

First, drop the "We only train for the street" spiel and start competing in MMA events. Start with good local venues then work your way up to the bigger shows. It'd be great if you could get a Systemaist on The Ultimate Fighter-- seriously, I'd love to see Vlad on that show. You gotta do Systema stuff though, no fighting like conventional MMA fighters and just calling it Systema. Loopy open-hand strikes and plenty of psychic work please.

Then you really need to start showing videos that represent your prowess.
    Here's a video of a systema guy demonstrating the effectiveness of his art under 'alive' conditions. You'll see how good he is at taking a beating and getting up after being thrown to the ground.-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIGRdeNTDo0

You could even put this thread to bed if you could get Martin Wheeler over to Omega's test group to show how the Systema stuff works. BTW why didn't Martin want to participate in the experiment?
    Or anybody else for that matter. I didn't read any of the systemaites here stepping forward.
    Last edited by Kungfoolss; 11/19/2006 3:12am at .
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/19/2006 12:23pm

Style: Systema/ninjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fair point, Matt. I respect your point of view. All I can say is that people are entitled to think what they want, but at least have a go, try it and make an objective assessment. For example people have a go at Ninjutsu, but you cant tar everyone with the same brush. I know two practioners of that Art in the Uk, who would be a match for anyone, one is a National Kickboxing champion, and an excellent boxer, the other lives in a real dodgy place in Manchester, and has had to defend himself on numerous occassions. Which is why I resepect, Omega, he has got in the ring, and done it for real, he can say what he wants. I have seen clips of I think, of Kia Killer, or someone else, in a tornament, posted by Cullion, very good standard. No matter what your style is, there are some useful components in systema. Dont take my word for it go and train with the top Russians and find out for yourself. I did and it even has benefited, those talented athletes that I coach in a private capacity. For the record I am also a licensed Close Protection Officer, and am not going to waste my time on something that is a pile of ****. As stated before I like the striking aspect of systema and benefited from my exposure to systema.
    Respect

Vinny