Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 11:23am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kungfoolss
    Perhaps, you're just a ***** and that's why you got beat by a skinny guy. It's usually the simple answers that make the most logical sense.
    Occam's razor FTW.
    Straight punches make you go blind. More damage is done to a criminals nervous system when they are struck. Strikes that make you stronger. All this and more systema douchebaggery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eak-m2iwI7Q

NEW BONUS REEL, feat RobG at it again! lol:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJDnMDJVWmQ

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 11:24am

Style: systema/RMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Stone
    What closed the deal for me was when a skinny guy, maybe half my body weight or so, barely grazed me with a knee strike and I went down hard... and stayed there.
    That skinny guy has gotten even much better since then.
    Last edited by EricH; 11/17/2006 11:36am at .

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 11:26am

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JumpSpinKick

Btw, you referenced a high ranking Systema practiotioner devastatingly punching someone in the face. What makes their punch special, don't tell me ki :[.
    JSK, as a systema fighter, you won't even have to punch your attackers if they attempt to lay their hands on you. You need only roll your shoulder to have the bad guys flopping about like fish out of water.

Here, see the proof for yourself in the first couple of seconds in this video -

http://www.russianmartialart.com/cat...%20strikes.wmv
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 11:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kungfoolss
    Perhaps, you're just a ***** and that's why you got beat by a skinny guy. It's usually the simple answers that make the most logical sense.
    I see you know as much about him as you do about systema. You sure do love to throw your ignorance around, god bless you for that.
    Last edited by EricH; 11/17/2006 11:30am at .

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 11:30am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EricH
    He has gotten even much better since then.
    What's he do, go around beating up 10-year olds now?
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 11:32am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EricH
    I see you know as much about him as you do about systema. You sure do love to throw your ignorance around, god bless you for that.
    I admit it. Seeing how I'm not an expert on systema, perhaps you could enlighten us all how the fat russian is stopping his attacker with just a roll of his shoulder in this video clip?

http://www.russianmartialart.com/cat...%20strikes.wmv

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 11:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kiai_killer
    Real martial arts provide proof that they work. Systema doesn't.

systema certainly does provide proof that it works. That is the open door policy. Go check it out, you have been invited at least a dozen times in this thread.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 11:35am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Stone
    This thread is still going on, huh? I'm guessing some of the naysayers still haven't gone to a Systema class to check things out and instead continue to rely solely on poor video as their evidence...

I remain a supporter of the validity of Systema training due to my first hand experience with several different Systema practitioners/instructors. I went to my first seminar with every intent to debunk what they were doing. Instead, I was treated first to their amazing hospitality, and then to the interesting application of their movements. What closed the deal for me was when a skinny guy, maybe half my body weight or so, barely grazed me with a knee strike and I went down hard... and stayed there. I take shots regularly in my normal training (without pads, without protective gear), and this was right on par with the things I've experienced in Yiliquan, Ryu Te, and Isshin-ryu.

If absolutely nothing else, their drills can open your eyes to possibilities of application you may have missed elsewhere. That's what I like the most.

But whatever. Those who just want to talk **** will continue to do so regardless of anything anyone else says... See my posts earlier in this thread for documentation of the failure of Bullshido naysayers to ask questions in person when they had the chance...

Enjoy. Off to work...
    I agree some of the drills could be useful, however, the problem most of us have with systema is the mountain of BS that accopanies it. Look at the beginning of this clip: http://www.russianmartialart.com/cat...%20strikes.wmv

or take a look at the clips in my sig..

That's Dillman caliber BS right there. If systema dropped all that crap then perhaps it would be easier for us to take it seriously. That video is on their website as an advertisement of what they currently have to offer - bullshit.
    Straight punches make you go blind. More damage is done to a criminals nervous system when they are struck. Strikes that make you stronger. All this and more systema douchebaggery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eak-m2iwI7Q

NEW BONUS REEL, feat RobG at it again! lol:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJDnMDJVWmQ

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 11:38am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    This thread is too long. 'We believe we can defend ourselves despite generally losing sports bouts to combat sports practitioners' is a topic covered in Bullshido FAQs IIRC. There's no need to argue it again here.
    There most certainly is a point to debating the issue. Until every systema cultist admits they were wrong and concedes, the debate will never end. Truth is an uphill battle.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 11:42am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwarde
    Sigh... (stifles yawn)... please, for the sake of all our sanity just let the thread die..........
    Yes, we're all wondering why you would adopt that rationale...Style: Shotokan/Systema/JJJ