Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/04/2006 9:37am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grashnak
    I don't believe that somehow systema punches "enter deep into the body" any more than anybody else's punches.
    I hear there's one strike they do that enters deep into the body and it's done with no hands.
    Straight punches make you go blind. More damage is done to a criminals nervous system when they are struck. Strikes that make you stronger. All this and more systema douchebaggery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eak-m2iwI7Q

NEW BONUS REEL, feat RobG at it again! lol:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJDnMDJVWmQ

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/04/2006 10:47am

Style: Boxing, Judo, BJJ, M.T.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kiai_killer
    It's important to know how breathing correctly improves your power output, protects your spine and helps prevent you getting the wind knocked out of you, etc. but I think most are unlikely to be able to exploit the weaknesses in your opponent's breathing pattern in a self-defence situation...
    I'd agree. In a self-defense situation attacking the body, I'd say go for the liver, solar plexus, floating rib, and heart. A good liver or heart shot is a knockout, no fancy breathing required.

Even in a boxing match, I'm not going to debate the technicalities of when to take an opportunity, if one is presented, it will be exploited. It's more useful to know on the reverse end, (what not to do if someone is trying to body punch), rather than the reverse, (trying to guess the person's breathing pattern and exploit it.)

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/04/2006 11:04am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kiai_killer
    I hear there's one strike they do that enters deep into the body and it's done with no hands.
    Well, this one does exist. It is the same one I use on my wife.

Look Ma no hands.:violent5:

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/04/2006 11:41am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by systemavin
    Speaking froma boxing point of view, the sytema punches are different. They punch differently, with different outcomes. You are entitled to your opionions, its hard when you dont have some from systema to work with to expereince the punches. It is definately not sucker punches.
    :bsflag: No different out comes systemavin. The reactions we got when he hit people in the nerve clusters were exactly what you would expect. Sure the punches are different than boxing, I never said they were similiar to boxing. Closer to Tai Chi, very solid base. The punching stretegy tries to hit where a person is least expecting it. These attacks are sometimes subtle, like an elbow rolling into the shoulder and a hand capitilzing on the next suddent movement or hitting where they least expect again hoping the person will react a specific way. Think Kenpo and you'll understand this principal. We dubbed it sucker punching live with it. What we found out is that only pre programmed students trying to go with the flow of the punches would ever react that way, not a persistant fighting resisting opponent, or an opponent who hasn't been trained to react that way. Such is the poison most self-defense falls under. It's still bullshit
    The punches enter deep into the body.
    bullshit
    Certain points on the body when hit have different outcomes. I received strikes from the fat Russian in Moscow, you have to experince it to believe it. Discount some of the other stuff in the system, but take it from me there is something in the punches, and the way the top systema guys punch. It is not for the feint hearted, try a simple exercise.
    Dude you're a sheep

[quotes]Find a partner, hit him for 2 mins on the body continously, with no rest inbetween the exercises and see how he copes. [/quotes] yeah, it's called boxing training

The shots have to be realistic and at a fast pace.
    realistic? who fucking hits like that then
    Try and keep your arms and in particular uour shoulders relaxed, elbow bent. Hit as many parts of the body as you can in those two mins. Use different parts of your fist, as often as possible
    STFU you are a officially a fucking moron. That's how that kid broke his hand while sparring me. How's that for fucking results.

My pleasure.

Posted On:
    7/04/2006 12:08pm

Join us... or die
     Style: yang taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So we gonna keep this one going or we gonna just let it spill over into the next RMA thread.
    Sumus extra manum tuam.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/04/2006 12:46pm

Style: savate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [quotes]yeah, it's called boxing training[/quote]

Yep. I do this for fifteen minutes at a stretch, sometimes a half-hour if it's a puppy feeding in the punches. Correct structure protects you -- this is not rocket science.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    7/04/2006 1:15pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LolodesBois
    ???????

If I hit my partner for 2 minutes while he doesn't defend himself He will be in the Hospital !

Have you ever been hit before taking Systema ? I mean any well done punch will hurt (that's their goal)

Hell they hurt with gloves on, If I hit my partner without gloves, which makes me able to hit smaller targets like the diafragm (sp?) he's going down after 1 hit...
    Isn't it obvious to you that systema cultists are pansies and hit like girls?
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    7/04/2006 1:18pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega

STFU you are a officially a fucking moron. That's how that kid broke his hand while sparring me. How's that for fucking results.
    Omega, I'm assuming that claptrap only works on other systema girly men.
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/04/2006 1:19pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BumFu
    It looks like the different Spetz groups do different hand to hand. Here's one that does Systema here. Discovery Channel did a documentary where Vlad took them to Russia to see a base.

The clip you posted looks like Sambo. The guys are even wearing kurtkas (jackets).
    Sambo? The guys in the clip I posted are mostly boxing, throwing straight front kicks and round kicks and sometimes ending up in a clinch. I thought Sambo was strictly a wrestling system...

Here's the clip again for anyone that missed it:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...518&q=spetsnaz

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    7/04/2006 1:21pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BumFu
    It looks like the different Spetz groups do different hand to hand. Here's one that does Systema here. Discovery Channel did a documentary where Vlad took them to Russia to see a base.
    That footage was freaking retarded looking, but I'm sure DdlR is popping a hardon though...
Page 9 of 148 FirstFirst ... 56789 101112131959109 ... LastLast