Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/04/2006 8:21am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kiai_killer
    I'm pretty sure it says if you use too many straight punches you go blind.
    Here lies the great chasm between Russian Orthodox and Roman Catholic:
    Russian Orthodox says punching straight causes blindness.
    Roman Catholic says something else causes blindness :jerkit2yf

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/04/2006 8:22am

supporting member
     Style: Yoseikan Budo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is not for the feint hearted, try a simple exercise. Find a partner, hit him for 2 mins on the body continously, with no rest inbetween the exercises and see how he copes. The shots have to be realistic and at a fast pace. Try and keep your arms and in particular uour shoulders relaxed, elbow bent. Hit as many parts of the body as you can in those two mins. Use different parts of your fist, as often as possible
    ???????

If I hit my partner for 2 minutes while he doesn't defend himself He will be in the Hospital !

Have you ever been hit before taking Systema ? I mean any well done punch will hurt (that's their goal)

Hell they hurt with gloves on, If I hit my partner without gloves, which makes me able to hit smaller targets like the diafragm (sp?) he's going down after 1 hit...
    Martial Arts is like sex, if you over complicate it with exotic sounding names, theories and principles, you end up fucking yourself in the ass. -Ronin69

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    7/04/2006 8:27am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by systemavin
    It is not for the feint hearted, try a simple exercise. Find a partner, hit him for 2 mins on the body continously, with no rest inbetween the exercises and see how he copes. The shots have to be realistic and at a fast pace. Try and keep your arms and in particular uour shoulders relaxed, elbow bent. Hit as many parts of the body as you can in those two mins. Use different parts of your fist, as often as possible
    What precisely is beating someone up meant to prove? I don't think anyone here is claiming that bodyshots don't hurt.

Badness will not be rewarded

Posted On:
    7/04/2006 8:39am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe this falls under the "hits that heal" or how "to absorb any punch" type of thing.

Old School DM

Posted On:
    7/04/2006 8:40am

supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by systemavin
    Speaking froma boxing point of view, the sytema punches are different. They punch differently, with different outcomes. You are entitled to your opionions, its hard when you dont have some from systema to work with to expereince the punches. It is definately not sucker punches. The punches enter deep into the body. Certain points on the body when hit have different outcomes.
    I have to call bullshit on any claim that a particular style's punches are somehow "different" than any other punch. There are of course different kinds of punches you can throw, but I don't believe that somehow systema punches "enter deep into the body" any more than anybody else's punches. A properly thrown punch is a properly thrown punch no matter what you want to call it.

I received strikes from the fat Russian in Moscow, you have to experince it to believe it. Discount some of the other stuff in the system, but take it from me there is something in the punches, and the way the top systema guys punch. It is not for the feint hearted, try a simple exercise. Find a partner, hit him for 2 mins on the body continously, with no rest inbetween the exercises and see how he copes. The shots have to be realistic and at a fast pace. Try and keep your arms and in particular uour shoulders relaxed, elbow bent. Hit as many parts of the body as you can in those two mins. Use different parts of your fist, as often as possible
    I'm unclear on what you're trying to prove here. I've reasonable sure that any striking art can be effective if applied to the body of a stationary, unresisting opponent. I'm also sure that if you can hit your unresisting opponent for 2 straight minutes and he isn't dead or unconscious, then your striking sucks.
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.

My pleasure.

Posted On:
    7/04/2006 8:41am

Join us... or die
     Style: yang taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sailor Walk wit it. Sailor Walk wit it.
    Sumus extra manum tuam.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/04/2006 9:06am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NoMan
    It's why boxers are taught to exhale when they throw punches. During that brief interval between the punch and the retraction of the punch, the stomach is exposed. If you forcefully exhale during a punch, (but don't open the jaw or there will be a Norton vs. Ali broken jaw *), it provides a protection against a possible counter-punch, under the assumption that a boxer with a good defensive posture will be hard to hit in the stomach. For bad boxers who flare out their elbows, well, they'll learn soon enough.

* http://www.boxing-memorabilia.com/bionorton1.htm
    It's also useful to know this in strength training as you are strongest when you build up intra-abdominal pressure but your power drops off if you completely exhale and lose the pressure.

It's important to know how breathing correctly improves your power output, protects your spine and helps prevent you getting the wind knocked out of you, etc. but I think most are unlikely to be able to exploit the weaknesses in your opponent's breathing pattern in a self-defence situation... Maybe in an organised match where you have an opportunity to feel out your opponent or an arm-wrestling match, for example, but not on teh streetz.

Now, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that RBSD is supposed to teach people effective ways to defend themselves in a short space of time. I personally don't think teaching people this sort of thing is a good idea in self defence, take the time to start thinking about this stuff in a street fight and you gonna get raped IMO.
    Straight punches make you go blind. More damage is done to a criminals nervous system when they are struck. Strikes that make you stronger. All this and more systema douchebaggery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eak-m2iwI7Q

NEW BONUS REEL, feat RobG at it again! lol:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJDnMDJVWmQ

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/04/2006 9:15am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love Systema threads.. always loads of top notch comedy and there's a virtual guarantee on finding some fantastic footage. Rybako is my favorite character he's hilarious - I nominate him for 'best fat grandmaster'.
    Last edited by kiai_killer; 7/04/2006 9:17am at . Reason: typo
    Straight punches make you go blind. More damage is done to a criminals nervous system when they are struck. Strikes that make you stronger. All this and more systema douchebaggery:

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/04/2006 9:17am

supporting member
     Style: Yoseikan Budo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who needs time to think ?

Train to hit the the right point and with experience you will be able to notice when the guy is breathing or not...
    Martial Arts is like sex, if you over complicate it with exotic sounding names, theories and principles, you end up fucking yourself in the ass. -Ronin69

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/04/2006 9:27am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the point I'm trying to get across is it's not something I think would be useful to teach someone who wants to learn an effective method of self-defence.

Page 8 of 148 FirstFirst ... 45678 91011121858108 ... LastLast