Posted On:
    7/03/2006 7:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by isol8d
    Systema by Vladimir Vasiliev video

This unique self-defence Video based on highlights of UK Seminar Vladimir Vasiliev teaches breathing exercise, ground fighting, two attacks at once with knifes, Physic Energy, Mass attacks, and Much, Much, More....

Okay, Ddlr, need more proof the Eaaster bunny exists?
    Mass attacks? Sounds more like Rybako's specialty than Vlad's.
    Straight punches make you go blind. More damage is done to a criminals nervous system when they are struck. Strikes that make you stronger. All this and more systema douchebaggery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eak-m2iwI7Q

NEW BONUS REEL, feat RobG at it again! lol:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJDnMDJVWmQ

My pleasure.

Posted On:
    7/03/2006 7:21pm

Join us... or die
     Style: yang taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kiai_killer
    Mass attacks? Sounds more like Rybako's specialty than Vlad's.
    That was all Vlad.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/03/2006 7:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah but Rybako's got a lot of mass. teehee lolol
    Straight punches make you go blind. More damage is done to a criminals nervous system when they are struck. Strikes that make you stronger. All this and more systema douchebaggery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eak-m2iwI7Q

NEW BONUS REEL, feat RobG at it again! lol:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJDnMDJVWmQ

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/03/2006 7:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by isol8d
    Systema by Vladimir Vasiliev video

This unique self-defence Video based on highlights of UK Seminar Vladimir Vasiliev teaches breathing exercise, ground fighting, two attacks at once with knifes, Physic Energy, Mass attacks, and Much, Much, More....

Okay, Ddlr, need more proof the Eaaster bunny exists?
    Funny that you should say that, because IMHO that's exactly what you are trying to do; you're attempting to prove that the Easter Bunny does exist.

Regarding "no-touch BS", I challenge you to find a single example of Ryabko, Vasiliev or any other leading Systemist performing anything presented as a "psychic push". I'm not asking for examples of psych-out tactics, deliberately compliant movement exercises, marketing hype produced by second and third parties, nor for speculative written accounts. I'm looking for specific proof that these people have actually claimed what you assert that they claimed.
    Proof, not supposition and innuendo. I asked for proof of Vasiliev, Ryabko or another leading Systemist performing anything presented as a psychic push. You've offered a link (step 1) to an advertisement (step 2) for a DVD (step 3) that purportedly includes a demonstration (we assume) of something called "physic energy".

Let's assume that "physic" is, in fact, a typo for "psychic", and that it doesn't refer to medicine or healing. We know that the phrase "psychic energy" was used on at least one of the Ryabko DVDs, "Beyond the Physical". My own speculation on that topic is that is was a poor choice of words by Mr. Vasiliev's wife, who narrated the DVD, to describe what would more accurately have been called "psych-out tactics".

Let's further assume that the person who wrote this advertisement was directly related to Ryabko Systema - the ad. appears on Nick di Paola's site, and he is apparently a practitioner of the Kadochnikov style. He also stocks Ryabko-style DVDs in his online store.

Let's assume that a demonstration of "physic energy" does in fact appear on the DVD and that it does purport to be a "psychic push".

But wait! You're already assuming all of those things! And even if you weren't, I asked for proof. That would be, at the very least, video evidence of Ryabko, Vasiliev or another leading Systema practitioner clearly demonstrating something that is supposed to be a psychic push, i.e., moving another person's body through telekinesis. If that did appear on the DVD and if you could provide it as evidence, then we'd have something to discuss.

As far as I know, the only such footage even rumored to exist is the controversial Martin Wheeler seminar incident. Perhaps you could track that down and broadcast it, and then we could debate whether this "psychic push" was a simple co-incidence, an example of hyper-suggestability, or a genuine demonstration of psychic fraud.
    Last edited by DdlR; 7/03/2006 8:26pm at .

My pleasure.

Posted On:
    7/03/2006 7:45pm

Join us... or die
     Style: yang taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kiai_killer
    Yeah but Rybako's got a lot of mass. teehee lolol
    Goddammit. That was funny, but you're still a dick for that setup.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    7/04/2006 2:15am

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMcFu
    Wasn't there something about stopping a guy's heart with Systema as well? Then restarting it?
    Yah, it was the fat russian making that claim at his seminar. Of course, if you show it to the twit DdlR, he'll come up with a million excuses on how you somehow misunderstood it. "What he really meant was [insert DdlR lame excuse here]...."
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    7/04/2006 2:22am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BumFu
    Dear god, I've created a monster! I hope my fellow forum members will accept my sincere apology.
    DdlR's one seriously warped little puppy isn't he. Now you have living proof why people followed a madman like Adolf Hitler.
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/04/2006 2:22am

Style: Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The real thing we are missing here is that the true secret to combat isn't Systema,
    it's being six hundred pounds and Russian.

It's like that old addage.

Who does a six hundred pound Russian beat up?
    Anyone he wants.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    7/04/2006 2:39am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    Ding ding ding. We have a winner. Who says that all the retards from Fort Worth move to Dallas? This is one of the reasons why System is full of bullshit.
    The part I find amusing is how that BS extends to their budding acolyte, DdlR, as well.

In defense of this, from what I've gathered, apparently there are different groups of Systema, but it's weird how such a relatively young system is already getting such a bad wrap.
    Gee, it couldn't possibly be the result of all the systema footage put up by systema proponents themselves...

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    7/04/2006 2:41am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Binary
    The real thing we are missing here is that the true secret to combat isn't Systema,
    it's being six hundred pounds and Russian.

It's like that old addage.

Who does a six hundred pound Russian beat up?
    Anyone he wants.
    Oh please, a stair master could beat up that idiotic fat russian porker.
Page 6 of 148 FirstFirst ... 23456 789101656106 ... LastLast