Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/20/2006 1:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kungfoolss
    Remeber, RobP went up against a wing chun beginner that had zero grappling experience and nearly got choked out. RobP boast 30-years of martial arts experience while his throwdown opponent had virtually none but was still able to take RobP down and almost submit him. What does that say about "real" systema they keep telling us about?
    Do you have a link to the video? Please have video. :chewy:
    Straight punches make you go blind. More damage is done to a criminals nervous system when they are struck. Strikes that make you stronger. All this and more systema douchebaggery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eak-m2iwI7Q

NEW BONUS REEL, feat RobG at it again! lol:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJDnMDJVWmQ

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    8/20/2006 2:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Remeber, RobP went up against a wing chun beginner that had zero grappling experience and nearly got choked out. RobP boast 30-years of martial arts experience while his throwdown opponent had virtually none but was still able to take RobP down and almost submit him. What does that say about "real" systema they keep telling us about?
    I'm referring to mainly to a group that ICY knows in Canada and comments other members who'd come across 'decent' Systema, somewhere in north america.

You won't catch me trying to defend any of the stuff in the vids on this thread, it's purely a question of hearing a bit of good about a few groups. I'm curious to see what the apparently rare good stuff looked like.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    8/20/2006 3:15pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kiai_killer
    Do you have a link to the video? Please have video. :chewy:
    I was going on a UK throwdown piece that was written here. As for the video, why not ask RobP? After all, didn't he say they always film everything? I'd love to see it. :toothy9:

I'm fairly certain it must exist ->

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:1...s&ct=clnk&cd=1
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    8/20/2006 3:20pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    I'm referring to mainly to a group that ICY knows in Canada and comments other members who'd come across 'decent' Systema, somewhere in north america.

You won't catch me trying to defend any of the stuff in the vids on this thread, it's purely a question of hearing a bit of good about a few groups. I'm curious to see what the apparently rare good stuff looked like.
    Supposedly, RobP's a reputable systema instructor, though he looks comedic on the video footage he's always putting up. Besides, from what I've seen, systema crap looks no different from russia, to the UK, or the US. It's still the same retardation no matter where you go on the globe.
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Posted On:
    8/21/2006 2:03pm

Style: Systema & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This idiocy demonstrates why systema practitioners are not only inept but poorly educated as well. If you learn how to fall on mats, your muscle memory will develop to such a degree you'll know how to minimize the injure when you get thrown onto a hard surface. But you certainly won't develop this ability if you just train to "softly" go to the ground. This may come as a revelation to you, but not all mats are the same nor do they cushion the impact the same. In addition, when you get slammed hard enough, even on a mat, the impact can send you to the hospital.

Seeing how you're an systema retard, I'm hardly surprised you aren't aware of these most basic of truths.
    ok dickwad, lemme throw ya outside on the road, and see how comfortable your breakfall is when ya slap your hands on the concrete, or have your elbow smash the ground connecting with your funny bone (which u barely ever feel if ur on a mat)

god forbid, the ground is uneven or have debris to cut u....go ahead

like i said, i'm not saying mats are useless since i've done my share of amateur freestyle wrestling and the fact that Vlads place IS matted. What YOU are saying is that u automatically concluded that a gym that has no mats is BS...that is the core of your dumbass argument

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    8/23/2006 1:39am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HANKtheTANK
    ok dickwad, lemme throw ya outside on the road, and see how comfortable your breakfall is when ya slap your hands on the concrete, or have your elbow smash the ground connecting with your funny bone (which u barely ever feel if ur on a mat)
    Ignoring the fact you would be incapable of throwing me, I've taken many spills throughout my life on asphalt and concrete, yet have never broken a bone. I attribute some of it to my agility and mostly to my training on mats.

god forbid, the ground is uneven or have debris to cut u....go ahead
    Isn't that the same silly argument used against grappling ever occurring in the street?

like i said, i'm not saying mats are useless since i've done my share of amateur freestyle wrestling and the fact that Vlads place IS matted. What YOU are saying is that u automatically concluded that a gym that has no mats is BS...that is the core of your dumbass argument
    Are there any mats in the footage shown by RobP? No?

Moron.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2006 4:27pm

Style: grab & elbow the head

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    8/27/2006 11:52am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by odd_lifter
    Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.
    What happened, did you have a systema brain fart or something?

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    8/27/2006 1:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by odd_lifter
    Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way?
    Question .

What the **** are you talking about ? Use the quote button to respond to a post please .

And for the record I am sure Kungfoolss would say all sorts of things to your face in front of your mother . With her bad knees I doubt she would be percieved as much of a threat .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2006 2:51pm

Style: grab & elbow the head

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you're being defensive and have an agenda