Posted On:
    8/16/2006 8:16pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Feryk
    Umm, wow? :confused2

I don't know anything about knifework, but none of that looked practical to me. Is this video meant to sell the system?
    Of course, that's why RobP posted it on the net. However, if you find it impractical and downright laughable, then they say, "Oh, you're just too stupid to know what's being done." or "Come down to our school, don't judge what you see on the video clips." and "Our doors are always open - we'll even travel anywhere to prove our art ...unless Omega comes calling, then we can't make it."

Funny, how they just couldn't find the time to aid Omega in his investigation of their art. It's only after the report is all wrapped up, RobP and his dunce sidekick RobG are suddenly available. Remember, systema hides from nobody...well most of the time. :toothy5:
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Posted On:
    8/16/2006 8:36pm

Style: Systema & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kungfoolss

See Karl Tanswell.
    for the umpteenth time numbnutz, Tanswell refers to Kadochnikov's Systema and even though he may not know the difference nor care to....this topic has been talked about already, and proven to be so by certain people who have far more accessible info from their own land than ur keyboard punching-fu

Funny, how they just couldn't find the time to aid Omega in his investigation of their art. It's only after the report is all wrapped up, RobP and his dunce sidekick RobG are suddenly available. Remember, systema hides from nobody...well most of the time. :toothy5:
    ohh the irony of you talking about hiding, u ***** boy

RobP hides? right! because cuntfools of course has the facts right? that he used to live in the US? And he made his way to the UK in order to hide from a challenge????? riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

And as RobG has stated, Omega and himself have been in contact and will get together eventually, and we all know u've read that on here, so u don't have much of a leg to stand on there dipshit

:qleft5:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/16/2006 9:29pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kuntao

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wanna say this as slow and gentle as I can... systema is as crappy as hell!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/16/2006 9:37pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kuntao

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You could always learn some awesome knife work from RobP. :laughing5
    Wow... ticklish!!!.... knifework(?):jerkit2yf

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/16/2006 9:47pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HANKtheTANK
    for the umpteenth time numbnutz, Tanswell refers to Kadochnikov's Systema and even though he may not know the difference nor care to....this topic has been talked about already, and proven to be so by certain people who have far more accessible info from their own land than ur keyboard punching-fu
    Comparing Kadochnikov's Systema to Ryabko's isn't an apples to oranges deal. I learned the same technique that sent Karl Tanswell into a fit from someone who picked it up directly from Vlad.

(think I told that story in another Systema flame-war)
    Last edited by BumFu; 8/16/2006 9:49pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/16/2006 10:59pm

Style: Baguazhang

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BumFu
    Comparing Kadochnikov's Systema to Ryabko's isn't an apples to oranges deal. I learned the same technique that sent Karl Tanswell into a fit from someone who picked it up directly from Vlad.

It's not about the technique, it's about the training methodology. I was the one who originally pointed out that the instructor must have trained in a different system since he complained that Karl Transwell didn't attack in the "right way". This training approach is not used in the Ryabko system as the attacker is free to do what he/she wants.

Posted On:
    8/16/2006 11:09pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: systema

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Kungfoolss or kungdick?

how are you qualified to judge a martial art you have no training in? You sound like a bit of a loudmouth to me.

Posted On:
    8/17/2006 1:03am

Style: Systema & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

it may not be different fruits, but its definitely comparing a red apple to a green one.....the shape looks the same, but the taste is different

from wikipedia (can't find any other sources for now)
    "This art is variously called Systema, "The System", "Russian martial arts" and "poznai sebia" (Russian language: know yourself). Although this art uses the same name as Kadochnikov's Systema, it is different in a number of ways, most notably because it doesn't directly study biomechanics. Training methods, views on history and many other subtleties are completely different."

Many arts have distingguished styles within their name. For the most part, their differences are in the range of techniques. But Syatema is not based on techniques, so its hard to get a good comparison and it wouldn't be fair. But the philosophies are different. To put it loosely, K-sys puts priority on biomechanics more so than R-sys. R-sys utilizes more of one's own intuition and moves more freely.

and about techniques and your story - i don't remember the post - again its not a technique based art. So we don't claim to have any distinguished techniques that we call our own. So seeing the same technique performed by both styles will happen. Its more a matter of movement; how the systema-ist 'got there', or what lead to the technique.
    Last edited by HANKtheTANK; 8/17/2006 1:10am at .

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    8/17/2006 1:11am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omega link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBoxX48_tAo&search=omega

RobP link - http://www.systemauk.com/video/GLASG1.WMV

See the difference and know the Truth.
    Last edited by Kungfoolss; 8/17/2006 1:17am at .
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    8/17/2006 1:14am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I'm guessing Hank believes one piece of crap smells different from the other.