Administrator

Posted On:
    7/07/2006 12:11am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    Why do you care and why do you think it is so hard to get this connection ?

I was wondering when you were going to bring up the fact that you just happen to be researching Systema and have expirence in a proven Russian Martial Art System .

I was starting to think I was remembering one of your older posts wrong .
    I've always found it simpliar to just throw everything under the kung-fu banner. All these other ranks I have are just stuff I've been involved in. Technically I've been doing SAMBO for 14 years. I dropped using the name Combat SAMBO because of the limitations the name put on what I was doing. I practiced every system of SAMBO so I just say SAMBO.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    7/07/2006 2:27am

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMcFu
    You are taking KFS seriously? What the hell? He's a gimmick. He makes work go by faster and will never accept a challenge in earnest.
    Oh christ, I'm the only angel here. :eusa_ange
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Badness will not be rewarded

Posted On:
    7/07/2006 2:30am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kungfoolss
    Oh sorry Ilbis.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/07/2006 10:26am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm a fucking angel.....

fallen angel:new_vampv

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/07/2006 10:43am

Style: systema/RMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DdlR
    There are movement/sensitivity exercises in which a knife tip placed against the torso is used as a point of reference - I'm guessing that the idea is that if you're ever in that dire situation, it's better to twist away and hope for a shallow cut across the bones and muscles (and then kill the other guy if you can) than to stand there and let them stab you.
    This is correct but I want to make an additional note:

While there is a situational aspect to this training, the close knife work is primarily fundamental attribute training to get the body to move. It is not "technique". There is lots of other work to involve the rest (hands, arms, anything) in work against a knife but it begins with the body movement.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    7/07/2006 12:56pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EricH

While there is a situational aspect to this training, the close knife work is primarily fundamental attribute training to get the body to move. It is not "technique". There is lots of other work to involve the rest (hands, arms, anything) in work against a knife but it begins with the body movement.
    Is systema knife work applicable to your survival? You be the judge, folks keep in mind as you watch these laughable clips that Arkadiy Stepankovskiy was stabbed to death. ->

http://system-chicago.com/m_4.htm

"With his experience, I don't know how this could happen." Wife of Arkadily Stepankovskiy :happy4:
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    7/07/2006 1:02pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omega, you made a comment that your fellow instructors found the shovel defense applications interesting?

Realistically, what are the chances you're going to have a shovel in hand when you get attacked on the street, in a bar setting, or even in your house?

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/07/2006 1:11pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I took this into account when I looked at the knife stuff. I refused to give a report on the knife stuff until I got more videos on what lead to the techniques. I'm sorry but I don't care what you say , the knife stuff is crap, a lot of the grappling is crap, a lot of the throwing concepts are crap, the gun stuff is mucho crap almost as bad as the knife, kicking super mucho crap, ground grappling 60% crap, self-defense based on the systema movement 85% crap, defensive theory is crap. The only validity I saw in the training was it's need to get the students to relax, but I've found this comes with experiance, and, imo, should not be drilled ad-naseum because it'll eventually come.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/07/2006 1:12pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omega, you made a comment that your fellow instructors found the shovel defense applications interesting?

Realistically, what are the chances you're going to have a shovel in hand when you get attacked on the street, in a bar setting, or even in your house?
    *shrug....

He said the knife throwing stuff was pretty good too.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/07/2006 6:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

That's what I meant to imply by calling it a movement/sensitivity exercise. I appreciate that a lot of Systema "attribute training" is mistaken for technique demos; in fact, I think that's one of the main reasons why people jump to the wrong conclusions about the art itself.