Page 147 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147 148 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/29/2009 11:16am

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok, it looks like my post^triggered the "mystery page" in the page count of this thread! c.f. any Victor Parlatti thread over 140 pgs...
    Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become totally ignorant.
    -Mentat Text Two (dicto)

Posted On:
    5/29/2009 11:17am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    now this post^ is on pg 147 WTF? no-touch post-reply to invisible page?
    Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become totally ignorant.
    -Mentat Text Two (dicto)

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/29/2009 1:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rw4th View Post
    Replace "systema" with "wing chun" and read that back to yourself.
    Yes, I know it's a cliche; it's also true. There are numerous RMA that are referred to as Systema, generally after the founder's name (Systema Kadochnikova, etc.); that fact isn't widely understood on this board, but it's worth bearing in mind. Personally, I've only trained in Ryabko's Systema, and haven't looked into RMA politics for a few years now.

Hapko3 described Vadim Starov as being one of the top Systema instructors in Moscow, and I still suggest checking that a little more carefully (re. credibility). Starov definitely does seem to be one of the most active self-promoters in this field.

I'd never heard of the other man, and my Google searches for Frolov, Kadochnikov and Systema brought up nothing, other than recent threads here on Bullshido that credit Frolov as being Kadochnikov's top representative in Moscow. Hapko3, what's your source for that information?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/29/2009 1:08pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherserge View Post
    I might try the: Kano proscribed Judoka begin studying Juno-no-kata after they had their black belt-assertion; meaning that only when you showed proficiency as a fighter, did you begin to study the IMA-aspects of the art-form.

And I might make an analogy to Systema as a bio-mechanical-efficiency study for fighters or martial artists who already are competent in their basic skill-set. Especially considering the general physical culture of Russians in gymnastics, a wide-variety of sports and their overall health (sans smoking&vodka)
    I did that in painstaking detail a few years ago (in this thread, and others) and it may actually have done some good at the time ...

Posted On:
    5/29/2009 3:50pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DdlR View Post
    I did that in painstaking detail a few years ago (in this thread, and others) and it may actually have done some good at the time ...
    It still does, that this is an off-shoot of Spiridinov-Dinamo-Kadochnikov-etc is far more useful than "Secret Monastery Fighting systems. The Starov reference was to hi-lite how much confusion and buggery one man can cause.

Frolov would come up if you used Cyrillic text...
    -Mentat Text Two (dicto)

Posted On:
    12/20/2009 2:55pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: sambo/ju-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey guys after reading ur posts, i noticed u gopt bad impression of systema cuz of rich cannon who i never heard of is a complete lunatic/reatrd, his website is more focus on dvd ebook downloads bunch of bs so he can make money, and hes not representiing systema, hes sume chump from streets, now u need towatch videos about (MIHAIL RYABKO, VLADIMIR VLASILIEV, VADIM STAROV, AND FINALY KADACHNIKOV, kadachnikov is the one who acually invented what is called "systema" all them served in special forces steleast around ten years, yes sure they do know sambo and trained in it, but systema is more of on feet system then on ground, and yes there is some luni claims but thats depends were u go and who, all them idiiots from uk dont know what their talking about.
    the real systema comes from russian spetz, there is some truth to some claims like phycological combat or something in reALITY THATS military secrets i think it takes years to learn that, like ryabko to stop someones heart, or punch someone with less effort but big impact.

and it is like krav maga in one way cuiz its based on natural movements but more relaxed like noodle, krava maga has extra striking moves before u bring someone down.
    but krav maga is good system

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/20/2009 3:17pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you do SAMBO and JJ, then why do you care about Systema? Keep in mind that the last post here was in May of this year. It is now December of the same year. You necro'd a thread.

Also... Nothing that you contributed offers me, or this post, anything. You have simply regurgitated information that you have searched for through Google. You have also stated obvious facets of Systema that I'm sure most people of authority already know.

If you are not an authority on things, then don't act like you are an authority. This is the reason why this website exists.

BTW... In My opinion, Krav Maga is like shitty Hapkido... Juss sayin.

Have fun.

...has all your Jing.

Posted On:
    12/20/2009 4:46pm

Style: Judo, baby! Yeah!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    More to the point, the retard CLEARLY didn't read the thread, before he decided to defecate on it...
    "So, yeah, Zen teachers may well insult you, work you to the bone, hit you with sticks, shout verbal abuse at you, and punch the **** out of you.
    And when the ****'s been punched out of you, you might just find that you're far better-off without it." - Vieux Normand

"So in short, BJJ wins again. BJJ, and chainmail." - TheMightyMcClaw

"On bullshido, your opinions are not sacred, neither are your feelings." - Scrapper

"You entered the lions' den. Don't bitch if you get eaten." - danniboi07

"Needless to say, it's much easier to clear a bunch of drunk kids out of your house when you're yelling GTFO and carrying a samurai sword." - DerAuslander

"Eventually, I realized it doesn't matter what art you train, what matters is the method in which you train. Training in an alive manner, under skilled and qualified instruction, is the single most important aspect of gaining martial skill. All else is window dressing." - JNP : Saying it how it is!

Posted On:
    12/21/2009 10:32pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JingMerchant! View Post
    More to the point, the retard CLEARLY didn't read the thread, before he decided to defecate on it...
    CLEARLY ur jus sumfagg that r'ly thinkz he istha shite and then ur all "OMG!ZMOG!" liek ur sum Heart PUNch0rs jus hit u and you jizzed ur pants sumptn firece! LOL! British faggs!!! Remembur the Alamo loserz!
    -Mentat Text Two (dicto)

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/22/2009 4:16am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by egg-nog puke View Post
    CLEARLY ur jus sumfagg that r'ly thinkz he istha shite and then ur all "OMG!ZMOG!" liek ur sum Heart PUNch0rs jus hit u and you jizzed ur pants sumptn firece! LOL! British faggs!!! Remembur the Alamo loserz!
    Bravo!