230786 Bullies, 4353 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1478
Page 128 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    8/05/2007 2:09pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Duh - you asked me that a few pages ago. Vali, never heard of him. I'm assuming he's from BC?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2007 3:51pm

Style: Systema/ninjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleem
    Systemavin,

May I enquire as to your interest in where I train?
    Just curious? Trying to get a feel for the stuff that you do etc.

Vin

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    8/05/2007 3:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Duh - you asked me that a few pages ago. Vali, never heard of him. I'm assuming he's from BC?
    Yeah, although, in fairness, I don't remember you at all, and that was many mind warping benders ago. However, I ought to remember you from now on, as I'm entirely (and, unfortunately) sober at the moment.

Posted On:
    8/05/2007 4:44pm

Style: Systema & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracky McSlugHoot
    The question isn't why the guy does systema, that's irrelevant. The question is, is it the systema that made him good, and the answer is a flat no.
    why do u say its irrelevant?
    he obviously sees benefits of training with Vlad to improve his own MA, otherwise why waste his time? His training schedule is hectic as it is. Trying to really get good at his BJJ to continue to compete, who has time for systema if thats the case?

anyway, a flat out 'no'answer is a strong assumption.
    Next time i see him, i will mention this thread, and see if he wants to respond personally

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2007 7:43pm

Style: Ex-wing chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by systemavin
    Just curious? Trying to get a feel for the stuff that you do etc.

Vin
    Muay Thai. Some Judo experience, and soon going into MMA + Judo. Yourself? Are you an instructor? Incidentally, what do you think about the image that the videos of Systema give to martial artists? And also, are they representative of the work that goes on in regular lessons? Curious, because there was a time when I actually considered Systema ... it'd take something akin to a miracle to bring me back to that mindset.

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    8/05/2007 9:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracky McSlugHoot
    I'm entirely (and, unfortunately) sober at the moment.
    My deepest condolences. You'll have to remedy that.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    8/05/2007 10:46pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    why do u say its irrelevant?
    he obviously sees benefits of training with Vlad to improve his own MA, otherwise why waste his time? His training schedule is hectic as it is. Trying to really get good at his BJJ to continue to compete, who has time for systema if thats the case?

anyway, a flat out 'no'answer is a strong assumption.
    Next time i see him, i will mention this thread, and see if he wants to respond personally
    Sorry, it IS relevant, but not in the way you'd like it to be. It's relevance is that while it may hold some value for people who are already good at MA, because they'll practice crap like knife disarms and stuff, it is obviously useless to anyone without other MA experience, and therefore there is no point at all in anyone learning it who isn't already good.

I would say that many, many compliant arts are useful to someone who's already good at MMA, but that doesn't make those arts GOOD, it means they're an OK supplement to MMA training...that there are much BETTER supplements shouldn't bother you though, please continue to waste your time.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2007 12:11am

Style: casual

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cracky,
    IF the 'experienced' are already good at MMA (or self protection) - these already know those supposedly 'Better supplements' - and if not already having done them - should look into them.
    My past training included many of the 'better' things - but I never found Systema as a waste of time.

Most of my Systema time has been spent under Vlad or Misha - and a few other fine proponents.
    I havbe stated - in many palces and other forums - that your martial 'tool box' that you bring to the table of Systema - get well worked.
    I hit a guy in Systema class - with a classic MT eyebrow cutting elbow - and opened a bloddy cut. Iw was in free flow sparring and not slo-motion. (Taught to me by Arjan Cahi Surisete)
    Vlad did not say this move was not Systema bein gtaught - it was simply 'good movement' - and my then partner just tried to stem the blood flow with a butterfly bandage.
    I backfisted someone once - in about half speed sparring - and knocked him onb his ass - with a bleeding lip.
    He got up - and we continued with no problem shared.
    I had my right ribs cracked by a free flow sparring thin.
    Bruises and black eyes- not uncommon.

Look, to be really fair...I do NOT want anymore people to show up and train at Vlads school.
    "Systema is BULLSHIT!" - do NOT come to study it!!!!

The frickin training floor is far too full - its hard to get a few class moments with Vald, presently.
    When I meet a new training partner - I tell them abit about myself - and they do the same.
    * times out of 10 - I am tarining with younger people that were involved in 'action professions' - funny thing - the people that just want to be safe and protect the one's they love? Tenacious. Like Pit bulls.
    I see that this thread has over 100 pages.
    And it has run the full bullshido gamut.

Angst, anger and challenges posted - but never picked up. Dobt or statements of confirmation - and where are we now?
    No-where!

ALL students of martial study - we either settle and live by experience or rank - but our study seems to provide a form of peace.

IF you chosen art fails you?
    You might go elsewhere.
    I can carry a legal firearm...legal - for over 20 years.

I have probably only 'carried' about 30 days - in 20 years.

My previous martial study (prior to Systema) also gave me a feeling of being safe -BUT- what I personally have gotten from Systema study - is what I teach my children.

Can you of Bullshido - actually understand that expression of "I love ypu and want you to be safe"?

Systema is bullshit. DO NOT study it.
    It is al compliant - all a joke.
    GO AWAY, please!

I need to learn what 40 years of study has provided me - I need much more time n the floor with Vlad, Misha et. al....Systema never actually works! Go to anything else - and leave my selfish and useless understanding of martial arts to my own personal delusion.
    GO AWAY!

your loss = MY GAIN.,

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    8/06/2007 12:25am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've had experience with more than a few martial arts, and I can say without doubt that systema offers something very unique. I can name karate, tae kwon do, LINES, a little bit of judo and Brazilian jiu-jitsu as things that I've studied. Out of all of them, only BJJ and Systema offered things that I consider to be valuable, - BJJ has it's devastating techniques combined with excellent strategy and systema it's odd drills that teach you to respond to tense situations in an expedient, relaxed manner.

Remember when you look at systema that you are judging 1500 years of human history by the teachings of two men and the marketing powers of TRS. Additionally, much of the information available regarding systema was created by the Soviet Union, an organization not noted for it's honest and forthcoming PR. Lots of people out there want you to think that systema (or any martial art [or piece of excercise equipment]) will turn you into a superman. If you go in to anything with those expectations, you will be disappointed. What systema will do is teach you to be cool while you're getting your ass handed to you, and that coolness will defer panic and allow you to make better decisions faster.

Ahhh this beer is making me chatty and I have written a soliloquy that is likely wrought with grammatical, logical, and spelling errors. Sweet. I'll leave with this. Look into a theory called "The Hill Curve" that explains an inverse relationship between muscle speed and tension. Realize that muscle tension is a largely aggregate phenomenon that is highly susceptible to psychosomatic influences. Assuming the Hill Curve is correct, ask your self how well a person who is holding themselves tense could move under duress....

**** it. how's about this.

systema = t3h gr00vy
    systema markketing = t3h 5uck

rock over london,

rock on chicago

KFC, we do chicken right

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    8/06/2007 12:45am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Remember when you look at systema that you are judging 1500 years of human history by the teachings of two men and the marketing powers of TRS.
    NO YOU ARE NOT. If you knew the history of Russia, there is no possible way you could even try to claim this.

As for learning to "loosen up" in a tense situation, if you ever boxed or done MT, you'd have learned that just as well as you do from Systema.