Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/05/2006 2:40am

supporting member
     Style: Yoseikan Budo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    Phil Elmore's book gave out better advice than this.
    Whoaa now that's scarry.
    Martial Arts is like sex, if you over complicate it with exotic sounding names, theories and principles, you end up fucking yourself in the ass. -Ronin69

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/05/2006 2:41am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should've stopped at the third sentence. You have made no real point vin but whatever.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/05/2006 2:45am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by systemavin
    I think we at last have got somewhere. There is some good stuff in the system. The posts on here have made people more aware of the system, even the negative ones. The facts remain, that most people on here couldnt fight their way out of a paper bag. The system is no different to other arts, it will go the same way. But there are some good people doing it to compliment their own training, there are idiots, cultists,everywhere? Thats their problem not mine. Respect to all good martial artists everywhere. Im done on here, I have made my point.
    Well, that is one less non-fighter if you really leave. That should help our percentages.

Don't forget your paper bag.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/05/2006 3:05am

supporting member
     Style: Yoseikan Budo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think we at last have got somewhere. There is some good stuff in the system.
    There are some good stuff in all system! The issue is that aparently their are much better systems around so why waste your time with systema...

The posts on here have made people more aware of the system, even the negative ones.
    As their was more bad points than good you should of said "even the good ones"

The facts remain, that most people on here couldnt fight their way out of a paper bag.
    That's why we take value in what Omega says

there are idiots, cultists,everywhere? Thats their problem not mine.
    Well seeing you're reading comprehension from Omega's review and responses the 'idiots' in systema may actually be your problem....
    Last edited by Omega; 7/05/2006 3:23am at .
    Martial Arts is like sex, if you over complicate it with exotic sounding names, theories and principles, you end up fucking yourself in the ass. -Ronin69

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    7/05/2006 4:09am

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Omega, why do always resort to abuse!
    :icon_cry:

Fact boxers are known for the power that they produce in their stikes and train to deal with strikes, including body shots.
    Fact, boxers are practically helpless when grappled and taken off their feet.

I am a respected boxer, so I think I entitled to an opinion on strikes. Or are you saying that boxing and boxers are bulshido?
    Hmmm, I'd have to say limited.

Fact, whether you like the system, etc. The punches are very effective, it is like nothing that I have experienced before. Trust me, I was prepared and it made no difference, I was not prepared to deal with the strikes that I received. I tried all the tricks that I know, exhaling, etc. It made no difference. That is the point, its understanable that you or others do not understand what you see on the DVDS.
    Any individual who becomes indoctrinated in a certain methodology (warped or otherwise), tends to want to affirm that body of belief. I talk to people with these same exact reactions you mention whenever folks experience other spiritual awakenings, such as jesus freaks.

Why am I a moran,
    You're a systema cultist, what further proof do we require?
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    7/05/2006 4:15am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RobG
    Omega - with all due respect - I due regret that no one who actually has experience in systema ever met with your research group.
    I bet you are.

You only had the vids to work with- and I hate all vids. You are MMA - correct? And only had a few vids to work with.
    Only stupid people have to repeat themselves twice in such a short span.

i respect your postings of whatever you find negative or postive about systema.
    :bsflag:

I also feel that if we were not seperated by the coasts..maybe your evaluation might be a bit different.
    Naturally, but nothings stopping you from flying all the way to Hawaii is it?

Overall - I have no problem with you project. Did not expect a glowing revue of any dvd material -- your investigation was pretty much what I expected..but, still - very well stated.
    :bs:
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Badness will not be rewarded

Posted On:
    7/05/2006 4:32am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kungfoolss
    Naturally, but nothings stopping you from flying all the way to Hawaii is it?
    Was that an invitation? Please video tape it.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    7/05/2006 6:13am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm meant to be impressed that a large man can hurt someone by punching them as they stand still, arms at their sides, in front of him?

Visited the Straight Blast Gym yet systemavin?

Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher

Posted On:
    7/05/2006 6:17am

supporting member
     Style: n/a (ex-Karate)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn
    I'm meant to be impressed that a large man can hurt someone by punching them as they stand still, arms at their sides, in front of him?
    Tough crowd. Next you'll be casting doubt on Tony Blair's honesty.

Cynic.

You need to be more gull-...err...open-minded.
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    7/06/2006 12:49am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn

Visited the Straight Blast Gym yet systemavin?
    He should, I'd enjoy another Karl tanswell commentary on the further ridiculousness of systema.