224955 Bullies, 3417 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1478
Page 111 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111 112113114115121 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 11:31am

Style: systema/RMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    So ... you are still thinking that if someone trains with one of those two ( out of how many Systema Instructors available ? ) Systema will be valid and approved ... Sorry Rob it doesn't work that way . What about the rest ( the majority ) of the Systema classes and workshops ?
    Come on BFM you have been here from the beginning. It has been stated repeatedly that the door is open anywhere. Further, systema people (instructors and non-instructors) have been to throwdowns and performed respectably - which, imo, since systema is not trained for competition is pretty darn good. There is even throwdown video of officer Genge out there. All of this has been documented in this thread, but you guys seem to have very selective recall.

Find a local systema school, contact the instructor, and check it out. The offer has been out there and repeated since the first pages of this thread. Mysteriously nobody from Bullshido materializes, and I don't expect anybody will go to London. I understand. It is just so convenient to criticize from the interweb. Why actually experience something?
    Last edited by EricH; 12/28/2006 11:34am at .

Here's looking at you, squid.

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 11:37am

Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I understand, it is just so convenient to criticize from the interweb, why actually experience something?
    When experiencing something would require me to travel more than 45 minutes (like, say, across an ocean), I'll stick with internet criticism. Put something together in northern Florida and I'll be there, especially if it's free - but I'm not sticking around for the hot tub, k?

We're just rehashing old arguments over and over again. There is too much that has been presented as representative of systema that practioners find themselves having to defend.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 12:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost
    When experiencing something would require me to travel more than 45 minutes (like, say, across an ocean), I'll stick with internet criticism. .
    clearly

Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost
    We're just rehashing old arguments over and over again. There is too much that has been presented as representative of systema that practioners find themselves having to defend.
    I couldn't agree more. That is why I am so looking forward to the video of Kiai Killer vanquishing Ryabko. He, and you, certainly have been vocal, creative, even boisterous in your criticism of him. Don't you think somebody should see if it sticks?

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 12:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EricH
    Come on BFM you have been here from the beginning. It has been stated repeatedly that the door is open anywhere.
    Further, systema people (instructors and non-instructors) have been to throwdowns and performed respectably - which, imo, since systema is not trained for competition is pretty darn good. There is even throwdown video of officer Genge out there. All of this has been documented in this thread, but you guys seem to have very selective recall.
    I don't remember them doing well . Can you please point it out or show me ? I failed to see it when it was originaly brought up .
    Genge ... Genge ... hmmm ... oh yeah ! You know I don't remember how that turned out . I would hope a Cop could handle himself in a simple throwdown setting . I am sure Kungfoolss will correct me if I am wrong .

So yes, if they faired well or good or better than average , then that is respectable becouse most arts not trained for competition fall apart completely under pressure .

Find a local systema school, contact the instructor, and check it out. The offer has been out there and repeated since the first pages of this thread. Mysteriously nobody from Bullshido materializes, and I don't expect anybody will go to London. I understand. It is just so convenient to criticize from the interweb. Why actually experience something?
    Nearest one is over 2 hours away man ... I am poor . Money restraints dictate that I not care all that fucking much .
    I will leave you with this ...

You ever been hit in the head with an 8 foot section of rebar ? Don't hate on it till you try it . Ignore the videos I can find of similar types of injury . Just have a friend whack you on the head with a peice of it . It builds the K(r)i(stian) levels in your blood stream so you can do no touch work .

I promise .

Spoiler:

not really ... but just pretend "it could help some"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Here's looking at you, squid.

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 12:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I couldn't agree more. That is why I am so looking forward to the video of Kiai Killer vanquishing Ryabko. He, and you, certainly have been vocal, creative, even boisterous in your criticism of him. Don't you think somebody should see if it sticks?
    And I'd be happy to, but I'm not going to travel to a different continent to see if I can verify my claims that
    1) He's fat.
    2) He has man-boobs
    3) His attackers are overly compliant.

Again, if he comes to north Florida, I'd love to attend a seminar.

The videos have enough evidence for my vocal, creative, even boisterous claims. Please note that you'll find me quite politely inquisitive on this thread until I read the fourteenth "that was a mistranslation/misrepresentation" excuse for a video that serves to advertise systema.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 1:48pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EricH
    Come on BFM you have been here from the beginning. It has been stated repeatedly that the door is open anywhere. Further, systema people (instructors and non-instructors) have been to throwdowns and performed respectably - which, imo, since systema is not trained for competition is pretty darn good. There is even throwdown video of officer Genge out there. All of this has been documented in this thread, but you guys seem to have very selective recall.
    No, you systema guys say they perform well. According to people there, it was a different story.

Selective recall? Bwwahahahaha? You don't have to read the whole thing just the bold.
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...&postcount=841

I was trying not to get involved in this thread..until some wanker from somewhere in the US started making claims about a Throwdown in CANADA that he didn't attend, didn't know any of the said participants and, generally speaking, doesn't seem to know too goddamn much except how to talk in circles.
    EricH or whatever the **** your name is..I don't think that Hank and the other guys up here would appreciate you using their names trying to support arguments in favor of your style. Alex didn't dominate anything..as I am sure he will admit, and neither did neomaoist or Hank or anybody else who was there. You need to stfu about events you are not part of .
    Secondly, the video will NOT be posted because there was a prior agreement made between the owner of the facility and a few others in attendance that any videos shot would not be put up on line. So you can all forget about this video being the grand solution to your pathethic thread about whether systema is any good or not. Kungfools is nothing but an instigator and a keyboard warrior in the truest sense and I have no interest in helping him in his pathetic **** stirring. He does it well enough on his own.
    Like I said before, if peopl want to know how the systema guys fared at the TD, READ THE THREAD. Everybody who was there (almost ) posted and it is obvious if you read the post from the one systema guy (neomaoist) you will see that he admits to having a tough time in his match with the short fist boxer from our club.
    The match between Alex and Jamison was not as oe sided as the first one was, but he was still getting picked off with regularity and he got frustrated and tripped our fighter (which was not supposed to be allowed, because they were fighting on a concrete floor with carpet over it) . Then they got up, he was still getting nailed in the face over and over, so he rushed him and slammed him up against the wall. The fight was intense, and as shovel stated on the thread, it made the atmosphere a bit edgy because it seemed like things might degenerate into a brawl.
    What seems funny to me is that we have some clown in Washington state arguing with a guy in Hawaii about Systema and the Sysytema guy tries to use events he had no part in to back up his claims. Stupid...
    My own impression of Systema was as follows: Their stand up game was almost non- existent, they did not seem all that well versed at exchanging blows. I cannot comment on the ground game as I did not take part and wasn't really paying attention so I have nothing to say about it. As far as their conditioniing demonstration, it didn't make much of an impression on me. We spar bare knuckle at our club and do lots of body conditioning so it doesn't shock me to see people smacking each other bare knuckle in the chest.
    I would also like to note that I spoke to Alex afterwards about the style and he seemed like a decent guy who trains hard. Neomaoist also seemd pretty cool and despite being outgunned in his match with Jameson, he took it like a man and didn't whine afterwards.
    He also had the guts to step and start things off..which is a hell of a lot more than can be said for some of the dorks who are beating this thread to death. And I would invite whoever the idiot on UTUBE was who made derogatory comments to be a man and show his face at one instead of talking **** about them. If you want to say TD's are a joke after you have been to one, then so be it, but at least have the guts to show up and spar first.
    Read the thread, that is all I can say. This thread is getting real boring and is not achieving anything anymore.
    Notice, he references you specifically. Please find another way to argue okay?

Hmmm bringing up people as a statement for systema?

Argue the merits please leave people you don't know out okay?

Why, because people with dominating performance wouldn't say things like:

Quote Originally Posted by jellyman
    FACT - these systema guys don't do MMA. They don't wear gloves or mouthieces or padding. They don't spar with rules. They stepped out of their game to step into Bullshido's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Genge
    Please do not confuse the ring with fighting. The throwdown was my first experience of MMA rules and I only turned up because I got tired of people making comment without some first hand experience.

You were asked to stop commenting on things you know nothing about.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 1:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, is this a challenge then RobP?
    Straight punches make you go blind. More damage is done to a criminals nervous system when they are struck. Strikes that make you stronger. All this and more systema douchebaggery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eak-m2iwI7Q

NEW BONUS REEL, feat RobG at it again! lol:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJDnMDJVWmQ

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 1:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you challenge me, I'll be there.
    Straight punches make you go blind. More damage is done to a criminals nervous system when they are struck. Strikes that make you stronger. All this and more systema douchebaggery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eak-m2iwI7Q

NEW BONUS REEL, feat RobG at it again! lol:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJDnMDJVWmQ

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 2:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    Notice, he references you specifically. Please find another way to argue okay?
    Ancient history...

I apologized and retracted the "dominated" comment. It was based on a misunderstanding. My careless posting notwithstanding systema people have attended a number of throwdowns and I have yet to read anything suggesting that they did not perform respectably given that we do not train for competition expecially not of the pure striking or pure grappling variety.

The fact remains, throwdown attendees stepped out of their game to step into Bullshido's and didn't suck.
    Last edited by EricH; 12/28/2006 2:32pm at .

nail conditioning

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 2:01pm

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RobP
    Mikhail will be in the UK in June. Once again, we extend the same invitation to Bullshido people as we did for Vladimir - come along for free, ask anything, try anything, all filmed.
    What is meant by 'try anything'?

I'm up for a free session, and I can get to London easily, but what is this, some kind of challenge? Does 'try anything' include trying to beat up a Systema instructor who's roughly my weight?
    Or is 'try anything' confined to 'try to grab my wrist in any way you wish! I will defeat you!!'

Edit: I'm currently 73/74kg approx, 175cm, 60cm reach.

Edit2: Post 1111: I made a wish. No I'm not telling what it was.
    Last edited by RunningDog; 12/28/2006 2:09pm at .