Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hello Bullshidoka

Greetings to all...

I've been reading some very informative, interesting or otherwise very entertaining discussions on Bullshido for a couple weeks now and just wanted to come out of lurking and say hi to everyone.

I've studied several styles over the years, starting in my youth with TKD for about 8 years, then moving on to Goju Ryu, Shotokan, then after college dabbled in Iaido, Kendo, Gokempo, and BJK (about a year or so in each style). I moved around a lot until now, finally settling in Queens, NY, and finally began BJJ in earnest at a school in Manhattan close to work.

I agree with the majority opinion about TKD; I studied under Korean instructors, but didn't learn any real fighting skills - mostly point-system sparring. I left the style at 2nd dan and joined a Goju Ryu school in Chile, where I got my ass kicked daily (it was a very sparring-oriented academy) by green and brown belts.

I'm finding BJJ to be quite the challenge, especially since I've not done any type of exercise in the past three years (and have gotten fat and soft in that time), and have been smoking for the past 16. It's certainly incentive to quit the cancer sticks, though, as I'm pooped after the warm-ups - never mind the rolling! I guess it'll be a couple months before I'm in decent enough shape to really be able to put up a fight on the ground. Thinking of also taking some Muay Thai at the gym near work a couple days a week once I do get fit enough from the BJJ.

Looking forward to reading many more discussions on this great site!

Style
    no gi bjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey - good luck quitting the smokes - stick with it. I quit smoking a few weeks ago, largely because I didn't want it holding me back at BJJ. My wind has already improved and I feel much better! - Stick with it!!
    -Jordan

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://rokutanda.zoints.com/album/?imgid=5804Yup, can't do it cold turkey yet, but I'm taking steps...Not smoking outside of work...

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oops - silly question, but can't figure out how to add a photo to my posts from the user panel. Picture's on my zoints profile but doesn't seem to come up in my posts here. Can someone tell me how to add a photo? I tried searching this forum for instructions without success...

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you calling us bullshidoka? You're saying we are bullshit martial artist!?!?!? Thems fighting words bitch, what gym you practice in you're officially toast.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just a tip: "bullshidoka": bullshit artists. "Bullies": Bullshido Forum Members.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My bad! Just meant to say "subscribers to the Bullshido list" by "Bullshidoka", poor use of the suffix. Maybe "bullshido-list-ka" might have been more appropriate?

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    Just a tip: "bullshidoka": bullshit artists. "Bullies": Bullshido Forum Members.

I'm going to ****'em up phrost (insert those cigarettes in every body cavity they weren't meant to go in.)

Style
    Filipino Kun Tao, Kali
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just the tip? Come 'on Phrost - give him the whole thing!!

I apologize. Sometimes I just can't help myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckyokushin
    I would so do Buttsecks.

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rokutanda
    My bad! Just meant to say "subscribers to the Bullshido list" by "Bullshidoka", poor use of the suffix. Maybe "bullshido-list-ka" might have been more appropriate?
    Oh, so now you're saying that everybody who posts here are full of ****?????

I'm going to break his hands with my face.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last