Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/27/2005 10:37pm

Style: LARPing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want to clarify im a ju jitsu guy that wrestles, not the other way around.
    What I call the "wrestler killer" is the belly down armbar from gaurd, when i have pulled full gaurd against wrestlers, this move has seemed to work flawlessly against them.
    they want to put you on your back.
    LET THEM.
    In fact do it for them, this seems to make them very awkward as they often try to grind their forearm into your throat, which perfectly sets up the armbar for you.
    Triangles can work great, but make sure you have the right posture and body set up otherwise theres a good chance you will get slammed (if the opportunity is permitted).

I don't like trying kimura's and inverted kimura's in side control because often i don't get the leverage right, and often wrestlers are very strong, of course you can always rapidly mount and then armbar, but that many time is easier said than done.
    Omoplatas can work well. Heel hooks and achillies locks can work well.
    But the point of the matter, isn't what subs you can use, but thier lack of knowlege regarding it.
    Do what they are not expecting.
    when they are stacking you up with their leg next to your head, underhook it around it and sweep em.
    Prey on their ignorance of subs.
    Also, let em think they got you somtimes with their subs, and when they are strong and holding you down, just relax and let the jits take its course.
    Last edited by FighterJones; 12/27/2005 10:46pm at .

Posted On:
    12/27/2005 11:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and <3 the armbar.
    i do.

Edit: wheres the delete option?
    Last edited by FighterJones; 12/27/2005 11:31pm at .

Posted On:
    12/27/2005 11:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JeezyTheSnowman
    Triangle chokes all day. Armbars they figure out after a couple and they may even power out from the get go, especially if they're sweaty. Triangles are a touch more complicated though, and confuse the **** out of them.
    Powering out of an armbar? Maybe if they are sweaty, i mean, its funny, i was rolling with a wrestler, the captain on my team, and i pulled gaurd off the bat and went for the armbar, he said something like "oh i know what your gonna do, not gonna get it this time."
    yeah.
    It took me maybe 5 seconds max from the start, and then to the end.
    technique technique technique.
    if you have proper training, you should have next to no trouble getting any of the big three subs from the gaurd.
    Omoplata, armbar, triangle.
    I don't like to triangle choke because they can slam you, unless you underhook a leg as they are lifting you up, then you roll em down so they are fucked.
    however you don't always get that opportunity, and I for one don't like to be slammed on my head.
    get them triangled in an awkard position and you can be good to go though.

Posted On:
    12/27/2005 11:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JeezyTheSnowman
    Triangle slams don't scare me. At the worst its just one becuase if the triangle is tight, the should be running out of energy VERY rapidly.

Yeah well, I doubt Carlos newton thinks like that, and quite frankly i don't want to risk it.
    Getting slammed onto your back is one thing, getting slammed in your head SUCKS.

Posted On:
    12/27/2005 11:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WTF man? A harsh triangle choke spike on somones head REALLY doesn't take that much strength to knock a guy out.
    I'm not saying don't triangle choke wrestlers, I'm saying try to get their body position awkard on for good measure.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/27/2005 11:43pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've never had a problem with being slammed out of triangles since hooking the leg is a usual action. More than anything they try stack their way out of it, and end up just getting swept to a mount triangle.

Posted On:
    12/27/2005 11:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah aseopian
    thats all im sayin to do really, I don't really see why its something os is arguing with me not to do, unless we are misunderstanding each other.
    all I know is when I grapple with strong wrestlers, even the small guys can lift you up HIGH and slam you decently.
    for me its not about getting slammed, but getting slammed on my head.

Posted On:
    12/27/2005 11:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What are you saying then? I'm confused.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/27/2005 11:57pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's just disagreeing with your opinion of how dangerous the triangle is when going with wrestlers. Other than that, it seems like you two are arguing over varying degrees of the same point.

Posted On:
    12/28/2005 12:08am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah I guess. Whoops on my part.
    But I want to clarify, its not that I think triangles are dangerous on wrestlers, but I think they are dangerous on wrestlers when you forget to do stuff like hooking a leg and the like.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast